Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is there another way to use sally extract, without smoking?

mysticwarrior

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I have read some stuff about not to heat salvia, because it causes strange effects like, taking a walk and that kind of shit. And since i like to trip on my own, i like to find another way to use my saly. I already have smoked it, but i did not had a breaktrough or something like that, but for my safety i was really careful. I have still a little 5x and 1gram of 10x, is there another way, to use the salvia extract without smoking it? Maybe with water or something like that? I have read something about making blotters with salvia, but i could find no one who have done it and have experienced a trip on these blotters. And i don't like to waste my sally :D

So is there someone with a great advice?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
you could swallow it... there's also a thread about that in the forum... i guess it should work with extract too?? but well i heard it's kind of not the best taste in the mouth.... :p

peace

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I have chewed on some leafs before, and no, that was not that tasty. So i am a little afraid that i will waste it on this way.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I found some information on the internet, where they told you could mixed it with some wodka. But i don't like alcohol :p

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Chew the extract and hold it under your tongue.
Masticate until the material turns to mush, then hold the result under your tongue for a period of time, up to an hour or more, until the effects manifest. This will be a much smoother ride than smoking of course; it’s just a more potent version of the quid method, using extract instead of leaves.
I haven’t tried it so this is just a speculative approach.
Good luck.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i want to try the quid method also, because smoking was kind of cool, but it was so intense, that i couldn't recall my experience... i would have loved to remember the experiences completely, but i couldn't and still cannot.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
i want to try the quid method also, because smoking was kind of cool, but it was so intense, that i couldn't recall my experience... i would have loved to remember the experiences completely, but i couldn't and still cannot.

I also want to try the quid method, because off the intense experience which i had with smoking the 5x. Now i want to try the 10x, and i don't think i gonna smoke it again. But if i want to try the quid method, i am also afraid that the taste with this quid method would be really nasty :D:D

I also am curious about the dosage, because i have read that with leafs it's necessary to take a high dosage (8 to 25 leafes). Should 0.5 gram of 10x would be enough? Or should i go for a gram? :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I've tried the quid method with 3 grams of normal leaf. Had a very mild trip, which lasted about an hour and a half, it wasn't really worth the trouble with those bitter leafs, after about 15 minutes saliva was *EVERYWHERE*. I guess taking about half a gram of 10x would be a good dose for a mild trip and a whole gram for more intensity. Advantage of extracts is that you have less stuff in your mouth, so this will make it easier. I don't know how it is taste-wise. The normal leafs are very bitter, but I wouldn't know if it is the salvinorin which makes it bitter (prolly not).

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Ah, fucked the taste of sally. I just gonna try it tonight and just see what's gonna happen :) I gonna try to overcome the bad taste :p I am in doubt if i can handle this but i will see what happens.

A trip for on hour and a half sounds really interesting. Forkbender did the effects feel the same as when you smoke it. although it was a mild trip?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
The taste is "handlebaar", just bitter. The problem is mostly not swallowing your saliva and not spitting it out. It's a mouth full.

Effects are similar, but much less strong. When I smoke it, I'm in another world instantly, when I chewed on it, it was kind of spacy, but not much different than nrml, kind of like a lot of cannabis without the cloudiness and rapid thinking and with some minor CEVs. Could have been the low dose, though. It wasn't dissociative at all. The weirdness was different. Same bodily sensations, but to a lesser degree.

Does this help a bit?

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Fork, were these dried leaves of fresh ones? I'd like to try the quid method once, and I think fresh leaves would be way better, but then I'd have to grow myself a plant, which I will do eventually.

by the way, is salvorin always present in the plant, or is it more like THC, which starts to form itself in the drying process?

peace

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I've tried the quid method with about 4g of dried leaves several times with drastically different effects. The first time worked beautifully. The actual plateau of being in sally land lasted about 30 minutes, plus coming up and down.. and it wasn't overwhelming. I could relax into it and trip, or pull myself out of it. I should also note I had been smoking the leaves before chewing as well, probably boosting the effects. That was definitely one of my best salvia experiences..

The quid attempts afterward were never as successful as the first time around. It could also be that my leaves were getting older and less potent as well.

Also tripping on salvia while chewing quid.. is an adventure in itself :lol:

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
by the way, is salvorin always present in the plant, or is it more like THC, which starts to form itself in the drying process?

I have read about people chewing on fresh leaves, so i think the salvorin does not need a drying process and will already be present in the plant. But maybe dryed leaves wil finally getting stronger then the fresh ones. But i know nothing about plants and that kind of stuff.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
skrudge a dit:
Fork, were these dried leaves of fresh ones? I'd like to try the quid method once, and I think fresh leaves would be way better, but then I'd have to grow myself a plant, which I will do eventually.

peace

Dried, but I think that salvinorin is present in living plants.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Ever thought about using a liquid tincture extract?
That way, you would still use it sublingually and not have to chew a gram of extract for hours.

searching

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Juin 2008
Has anyone had an experience with this method? I am anxiously awaiting my order to arrive for my first experience.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
buffachino a dit:
Ever thought about using a liquid tincture extract?
That way, you would still use it sublingually and not have to chew a gram of extract for hours.

I guess this would work perfectly. But tincture is quite expensive and since I don't use salvia that often I prefer smoking.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i wasn't up to giving an advice...just wanted to give an idea what could be possible as an alternative for the smoking method... so i referred to the quid method, but sadly i don't know if it also works with extract...

maybe you know more about it ??? :D :D

because it'd be interesting whether extract works too with the quid method.. and if it works .... is it comparable to the smoking or would it be wasted, because of no effects, or because of other problems??

peace :weedman:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
quid method is not swallowing.