Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Insanity

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Do you think it's possible to use salvia and later go insane by it? Maybe learn a little to much about life?

Last night after reading up on salvia more as I never got very far with it. Hearing it's very spiritual and life changing. So I load up some music turn off the lights. Put on relaxing clothes as suggested. First let me say it was amazing. I did it two more times after that. People say it lasts like 15minutes. I started at 1:30 am over the course of three trips in a row it practically ended at 4am I dunno exactly as a feel asleep while a bit tripped out. Also let me add to first timers theres a pattern for me. Don't know if it's just me but there seems to be always something that's scary but if you get passed it and let go of your fears it's incredible and worth whatever scared the living hell out of you.

Now that being said. I wake up feeling incredible. I had an amazing dream and proceeded to write it down as to not forget it. (Been reading up on lucid dreaming and it's said if you want to remember dreams you should write them down as soon as possible)

I head to work.

Also not sure if this is just me but when I do salvia or mushrooms it always surprises me that I never remember how it feels. It's always like wow I've returned to this place. This place that feels familiar. All the while thinking I don't know if I like it but I'm stuck here now. Then the next day I forget the feeling (Even now I know I can't fully grasp it)

That being said I was pumping gas before work and I get this Incredible flashback of being on salvia like that exact feeling. I instantly got sick felt like I was going to puke. Almost did.. Started to shake and felt like crying for no reason. Just unbelievable fear. That fear was what if I never fell asleep and I'm still in bed tripping like crazy. We all know that time means nothing on salvia and sometimes mushrooms.

Now I think this hit me so hard was I had such a hazy memory on the 3 trips. Being blended together and unsure what happened on them. Plus the fact that I have an amazing detailed account of my dream. All these memories kept popping up over and over. That has got to have fucked with my normal way of thinking. As usual when you do psychedelics you tend to think about them constantly for a few days. Trying to remember or comprehend what happened. I think for a second I did that and I had a breakdown.

Now my question is has this ever happened to anyone else. Even though the trips were great and amazing and I could do them over and over I don't know if I could mentally handle the memories of them. Also do you think salvia has a mental hangover / withdrawal and this could dissipate in a few days.

Last question in your opinion could you believe it possible to go full blown insane due to salvia?

Also any tips to help out my shattered ego share away :)

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I have had serious flashbacks after Salvia. Not very often, lets say three times in the period of 4 months after my breaktrough experience. I could rationally explain it due to the incredible weirdness that accompanies the Salvia experience. Somehow this perfecption leaked through to my ordinary state.

I dont have them (flashbacks) anymore, have smoked Sally a couple of times after it but never a breakthrough dose anymore.

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I feel better today it seems that I had a minor case of depersonalization disorder which if you read up on it it's kinda scary glad it was temporary :p

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Last question in your opinion could you believe it possible to go full blown insane due to salvia?

I think it s impossible to go full bolwn insane with Salvia or with other psychedelics but you can have maybe a hallucinogen-persisting perception disorder (HPPD) , they can persist some few mounths and it s very rare , only normal with very large doses and after bad trips .
Only substances like amphetamines , ketamine and atropane alkalods are know to give permanent insanity in normal people.

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
amphetamines really? How does that work? I'd assume after very heavy and repeated use.

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
With amphetamines habitual use , is one of the best substances knowed to induce schizophrenia , brain damage , lowered resistance to illnesses .delusions , paranoia , compolsive disorder , etc.. but only with habitual and vey heavy use but there are also some cases in users with schizophrenia after ocasional use , but is very uncommon .

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Well good to know. I haven't researched those as I haven't really taken any I only assumed the risks were mostly heart attacks and addiction. Though I do know people get really messed up mentally after so I guess that makes sense. Just never put the two together I guess. Thanks for the info.

HeartCore you haven't had another breakthrough or just never took enough to get there.

I don't know if I should try salvia anymore. The trips themselves were great but I'm worried about living with them afterwards. If that makes sense. Think I should write off salvia totally or just take a few months to clear my head?

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
kcar181 , I think you only need some time to understand your experience and only you can know when you are prepared . I have a lot experience in bad trips and psychotic problems , I was depressed and psychotic for 3 years after some bad experiences with LSD and magic mushrooms , but my case is very rare normaly the problems persist only a few mounths but i think is you how decided that and maybe you need some self introspection. In my case was very interesting only after psychedelic therapy with Ayahuasca i was able to clean my head and i think now i have better psychological resistence and emotional control then ever ,i think it was because ayahuasca had help me clean and mainly understand my bad trip trauma , but please don t try this , people can react different , but i think in a few weeks you will be able to trip again .

you can read my healing story here
http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... 53&lang=en

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
kcar181 a dit:
I feel better today it seems that I had a minor case of depersonalization disorder which if you read up on it it's kinda scary glad it was temporary :p
thanks for writing this, now I know what I've had some time ago o_O I got that after a, let's call it a not so good trip on shrooms. The symptoms are getting better already. finaly I know what this has been. strange

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yea I'm feeling normal again. I do think it was just to much in that short of time. Shattered memories from the 3 separate trips. I don't think falling asleep right after the last one helped either. Than the whole dream journal the next day. (Lucid dreaming) Recalled my dream with vivid memories as well. So my brain was pretty scrambled.

As far as psychedelics I'm going to take them slow.

misery. It's a very disturbing disorder isn't it? How long did you feel that way?

amoak. glad to hear of your recovery. That could have ended a lot worst. I'm glad you got through it :)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
kcar181 a dit:
misery. It's a very disturbing disorder isn't it? How long did you feel that way?
it feels strange o_O it was gone after 2-4 weeks. i can't say it exactly, it was a blurry time :p

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Can't imagine. Mine was 24 hours and it freaked me out. I went to the same gas station today and got a little anxious hehe

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
the main part (rolling around on the floor and don't know what to do, feeling insane) was just for some hours. The next days it got better, but I still had it, it wasn't like the first hours ;)

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
This effect of salvia is strange indeed. Before and after smoking i had the feeling salvia was able to subtle change reality (days after)
It felt as i touched something and brought a little bit back from one of my trips. Strange effects like living in a waking dream, or feeling salvia is ever present and watching. Maybe it is our mind trying to process strange amounts of wisdom, like seeeing words everywhere after reading to much :)
I felt no fear of dying, distorted, but after a week or so i could better understand the experience and the strange effects subsided.
In time i will try again ;)

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
I've always experienced Salvia as very clear and calming. I integrate it by seeing it as a sort of daydream/meditation trip. I find it to have the most soothing and comforting effect.

Funny thing is however that it also affected my first dream after Salvia to be (still remembered and:) lucid. I have not had flashbacks in the described negative form, but I had some moments at which my sight tended so visually become a pattern. I also see slight and unexpected color difference more clearly, but perhaps this is since i first done acid lately ..

beyerun

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2006
I've never had flashbacks from it. From LSD back when yes. Been doing it six days in a row now. Probably left my body a total of twenty times.

It just seems to put me in a very good mood the next day especially.

I had my breakthrough on the very first time. She was there although I have never seen her. Her voice is very calming.

Only takes me one good hit and I'm good to go now. Peak high and come out of it. Wait a couple minutes, repeat, and repeat. The high afterwords last a nice long time. But the main point is going, not the high afterwords.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yeah, it's not something I could even imagine wanting to do it day after day.

I have some very potent 5x that came free with another purchase. I've had 1 gram for almost a year now. I just give it out to people who want to try it or have never heard of it. My favorite is people who don't believe that something that you smoke and trip off of can be bought at the Africa House down the street. Then I give them a packed bowl and watch them get blown away.