Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Inoculation Technique Questions

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
I have a plan to inoculate some (pre-serile) jars, and wanted to put out my plan to make sure I'm not forgetting something.

I've read a lot of stuff (PF Tek, videos, etc), but still have a few questions.

I plan to line a cabinet with plastic liner to make sure there's nothing on the walls.
Spray a lot of lysol into the cabinet and shut it a few times to try to kill everything in there.

Question: Can I use 70% Isopropyl alcohol to clean off gloves, etc, or do I need to go out and find some higher percentage?

Question: I got some "professional lysol disinfectant spray" (unfortunately with linen scent). Is this appropriate?

Then I'll start with the jars, take off foil, inoculate through holes as quickly as possible.

After inoculating, I plan to put them in a box and store them in the cabinet. (probably about 70 degrees or more when the spring comes).

Question: After the needle is out, do I have to keep jars in a sterile environment, or am I pretty safe? Should I spray lysol into the cabinet every so often, or could that damage the stuff I want to grow?

Question: Do they need air to grow? There will be some (obviously), but should I open cabinet and box periodically to get some fresh air in, or would that be bad?

I know there may not be definite answers, but if anything is a "red flag" please let me know.

Thank you so much.

Kingetjuh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2007
Question: Can I use 70% Isopropyl alcohol to clean off gloves, etc, or do I need to go out and find some higher percentage?
70% Is good.

Question: I got some "professional lysol disinfectant spray" (unfortunately with linen scent). Is this appropriate?
Don't know.

Question: After the needle is out, do I have to keep jars in a sterile environment, or am I pretty safe? Should I spray lysol into the cabinet every so often, or could that damage the stuff I want to grow?
The more sterile the better ofcourse but if you seal your jars well enough you'd be pretty safe.

Question: Do they need air to grow? There will be some (obviously), but should I open cabinet and box periodically to get some fresh air in, or would that be bad?
I've heard it needs a little air but i've never given any air because i use jars with alum foil. So it's kinda hard to put some air in without removing the foil.
Never had any probs though.

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
Wow...you are so helpful and so fast! Thank you!

One last question for now..

I got 2 syringes and 12 jars. I throught it might be nice to try two strains and to have two distinct sets of inoculations to give me 2 chances, but didn't want to spend a lot on jars as I plan to serilize them myself next time.

Q: Should I put in all 10ccs into 6 jars, or will that make them too wet or something?

I heard somewhere it actually made things faster, which would be nice.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
When you have sterilised and the jars cool down they suck air in . The water and air in the preasure cooker shrink as they cool sucking in air to replace that wich gets blown out as it warms up and cooks . Remember all that hissing it did . Some people recomend covering the preasure cooker with a damp cloth as it cools . The "professional lysol disinfectant spray" does not sound good to me , you need something that totaly evaporates after you spray it . At the chemists or sanitary shops you can buy "sagrotan" , i think , if i remember right that there are two sorts . One is so to say medical and leaves no residue and the other leaves a greasy layer wich is not good . The first is the best . It would probably be better to paint your cabinet and not try to line it with plastic . There are anti fungal paints . I have sterilised jars with foil over them and then the glass lid laid on top lying round the house . 10ccs in one jar is to mutch 10ccs in 6 jars sounds better . But you dont say how big the jars are and what is in them . It should not be swilling around in them . Read everything you have on the subject again and GO FOR IT . Its fun . Once you start leave it alone , probably the only mistake you could make is over care . GOOD LUCK .

AMEN

LOVE GOD

G

Invité
i never had an infection and i always sterilize everything with a 1:9 water/bleach mix. never spray alcohol or lysol or anything into your jars. just spray the whole room where you are going to inoculate, and THEN put the jars in. that's what I do and i've had 100% sucess. but probably the best advice that anyone can give you is the following: understand the PFtek. when you do so, there's no need for many questions! it is real simple.

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Agree with daytripper... I also use a light bleach solution.

Gods has a valid point about the sucking up tho, best to leave the pressurecooker closed a few hours untill its cooled down.