Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Inebriation and Authenticity (anthropological theory)

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
"On certain drugs, users say they feel “like themselves,
but more so,” or even that they have discovered how to be authentic, engaging fully with
the present moment rather than holding back from it."

Yesterday, I was singing. I LOVE singing, and I remembered the times I have sung when bemushroomed and recorded it on tape, and noticed --obviously when singing--the sense of feeling possessed--what I try and mean by that I will explore in a moment.
First off what is noticeable when I hear myself singing on shrooms is the BREATH. There is very noticeable more breath. So, does this mean that when I sing straight I am somehow suppressing my breathing? Could be. I remember reading a trip report from (Oh god I have mental block about his name. Maybe it will come before I post who knows), he said that he had struggled with a certain yoga position all his life, but after trying it on psychedelics he easily performed it! So there we have this sense of relaxed interconnection with mind body and nature.
So this sense of 'possession' is a feeling that the 'normal' sense of being ina kind of confict with the body, the voice, the singing etc is resolved. So next question could be, so WHY would one be in conflict with the body etc? Easy. ALl this cultural indoctrination since we are children is not done for nothing by the oppressive state. Its purpose is divide and rule. To make us utterly dependent on the authority of the state. To un-balance us--to dither us. have us shuddering angst-ridden wrecks. And psychedelics being the sacred medicine they are resolve this for the time we are under their influence, and this sense of release can feel, and has been described anciently as being 'possessed' by the 'god' of the plant, fungus. And in Goddess mythos this would mean possessed by the god/dess of Nature.

Of course we then integrate these insights, and learn to become more intereleated with body and nature. But this doesn't mean we can become 'gods' like many new agers think. Sacred medicine is a food that helps us enter these dimensions and we integrate but there is no 'Always feeling like 'this''' trip as that would be stasis, and nature is not static but dynamic and always changing, alive, which includes cycles of tension and release, light and dark, known and unknown, life and death, etc.

very interesting article by the way :)