Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

In the bible.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Sorry. I was watching the fountain and they referenced the bible and the tree of knowledge. I had never actually read genesis but what was said in the movie intrigued me... Here's the part of the bible that I find very interesting:

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" 10 And he said, "I heard the sound of thee in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." 11 He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?"

Now, this may seem like a bunch of weird childish scripture, it certainly does to me, but the enboldened parts fascinate me.

I have a strong feeling that this part of the bible is from a long passed down story about something significant. What if this tree, this plant, was something important? What if this really happened? I find it very odd that the story explains of people who ate a fruit and gained knowledge, ESPECIALLY about themselves, introverted knowledge. I have never heard any other creation myths where they reference people becoming intelligent at some point in time, they usually just reference the creation of man...

Does anyone else see what I'm getting at here? The fruit doesn't necessarily have to be an entheogen, but what really intrigues me is that the story is pointing out that there was a specific time where people became intelligent, and self-conscious.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe god helped us to evolve lol... maybe the story you presented is just a metaphor for the creation of men which is still in progress.... little babies are created every day on all the planet... if god is there he/she/it is allmighty and allknowing for sure... so i kind of understand too, that wanting to raise yourself to the level of a god, by gaining possibly godly knowledge (fruit of tree of knowledge) can't be allowed by god, for retaining the status quo (god = god, humans = humans, humans =/=gods). so well the humans got punished as they didn't do what their master and creator told them not to do... and well here we are in this cold world where the devil is taking over the world of forms, and therefore taking over us.
but are we lost?? we might think we are but we might not be. so keep hoping and good vibes up for our mission, whatever our mission might be.

peace :weedman:

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
HOW DELIGHTFUL IS YOUR LOVE, MY SISTER, MY BRIDE! HOW MUCH MORE PLEASING IS YOUR LOVE THAN WINE, AND THE FRAGRANCE OF YOUR OINTMENT THAN ANY SPICE!. . .

THE FRAGRANCE OF YOUR GARMENTS IS LIKE THAT OF LEBANON. . .

YOUR PLANTS ARE AN ORCHARD OF POMEGRANATES WITH CHOICE FRUITS, WITH HENNA AND NARD, NARD AND SAFFRON, KANEH AND CINNAMON, WITH EVERY KIND OF INCENSE TREE.

SONG OF SONGS 4:8-14

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
When I lose hope in humanity (which is quite often actually) I just remember that most people are so out of tune with themselves and true reality, that they don't know any better. Sometimes I wonder if these entheogens that are so "wicked" in the public eye, are the only hope that humanity may have from waking up from it's bullshit.

logi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Juil 2009
darkwolfunseen a dit:
When I lose hope in humanity (which is quite often actually) I just remember that most people are so out of tune with themselves and true reality, that they don't know any better. Sometimes I wonder if these entheogens that are so "wicked" in the public eye, are the only hope that humanity may have from waking up from it's bullshit.

These people define insane

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
The world tree or axis mundi is a ancient symbol that is used in many religions and cultures around the globe. The |Nordic people called the world tree the yggdrasil.
The Buddha reached enlightenment under the budhi tree.
Ussually there is also a serpent involved. In the legend of the Buddha it was the naga mucalinda. That warp itself around the Buddha to protect him. In the legend of the Yggdrasil we all so find the serpent.

There are so many examples of trees and serpents in ancient mythology. people like Joseph Campbell and Meria Eliade have written about this.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Hmm, thats interesting mumu.

I wonder if this tree was something. . . Not just a mythological story.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
It could very well be that the similarities we see in world religions come from much older religions and beliefs shared by our ancestors. Even Judaism itself is an offshoot of older Mesopotamian religions.. Flood stories are another common type of myth..

I don't doubt at all that entheogens played a role in the development of religion of course, it certainly has in some cultures. My favorite biblical one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_spiritual_use_of_cannabis#Ancient_Hebraic_use Those early prophets might have been on a LOT of THC ;)

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
In the interview Jan Irvin and Michael Tsarion talked about how mushrooms grow under certain trees. Trees that where considered sacred by the pagan tribes, like the oak tree.

Michael Tsarion has a chapter on trees of life on his website.
I haven't read it myself.
You can find it here.
http://www.irishoriginsofcivilization.c ... trees.html

Also check out Jan Irvin work.
I can recommend The pharmacratic inquisition video series.
http://www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com/main/
People like Tsarion or Jan Irvin may not have everything right, but I think there are elements of truth in what they have to say.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Another book goes into the subject of mythological snakes is: the Cosmic Serpent by Jeremy Narby.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
Not to forget John M. Allegro's The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, it just has been re-printed by gnostic media.
:prayer:

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
the Mushroom and the cross. I still need to read that book.
I have had it for years, waiting for me to read it.
John M Allegro was the first to point out the mushroom elements in early Christianity.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
imagine the ancient hewbrew priests lighting up their garments in a joint or pipe lol.... but well i still wonder whether it really matters if they used entheogens in ancient times and if many religious experiences that have influenced history were induced by psychdelic substances??? well if yes it would mean that todays' mainstream ignorance is more ignorant than it might already seem. like double ignorant lol

Hark

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Nov 2012
Sign symbols and there meanings. What if we could cut a tree into a record and see if it will play the song of its life....the fruit must be the eyes of the tree..... but there in a complet circule droping there eyes and rotting into the ground giveing the tree nurishment to grow more eyes... sadly they will never see the winter. But maybe the owl or worm tells it threw the roots and the holes the bird would make.

Johny 002

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
Really this is reliable details i like this actually i was in looking for this details and considering to create a line for this but i have no need to create any line after study out this details anyways thanks for this and have a awesome day