Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

In Search of Spirit Quests

• Auteur de la discussion SpaceCadet
  • Date de début
S

SpaceCadet

Invité
Hi All.

I am wondering whether any of you know if there is anywhere in the world that I can go on a legal supervised spirit quest involving the use of psychedelics. I not too concerned with how much it costs or how difficult it is to get to.

I have been exploring anomalistic phenomena from an intellectual perspective for many years, and have reached an impasse. The next step is probably experiential, and going beyond the usual kinds of experiences that can be achieved through sensory deprivation, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts.

SC

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Welcome to the forum SpaceCadet

Maybe you should define "spirit quests" better . What exactly are you looking for ? What do you mean by "impasse" ? What do you mean by "going beyond the usual kinds of experiences that can be achieved through sensory deprivation, etc." and what you mean by "etc" . What have you tried ? It sounds like you are looking for something that you havent found , if you havent found it you must know exactly what your looking for . Maybe it doesnt exist ?

S

SpaceCadet

Invité
GOD a dit:
Welcome to the forum SpaceCadet

Maybe you should define "spirit quests" better . What exactly are you looking for ? What do you mean by "impasse" ? What do you mean by "going beyond the usual kinds of experiences that can be achieved through sensory deprivation, etc." and what you mean by "etc" . What have you tried ? It sounds like you are looking for something that you havent found , if you havent found it you must know exactly what your looking for . Maybe it doesnt exist ?

Hello GOD.

Okay, I didn't want to go into specifics because I didn't want to bore anybody, but since you asked ... :D

For 25 years, I have been interested in existential issues and anomalistic phenomena (paranormal). I have practiced meditation, mindfulness, chanting, using non-psychedelic, mind altering substances, done retreats. I was a member of a zen sangha, a Christian for some years, a hard-nosed skeptic for some years, worked in professional parapsychology in university funded research, and have had my fair share of spiritual experiences which have shaken my taken-for-granted assumptions about the nature of reality.

Here's my impasse. I am a thinking type and a natural skeptic. The field of anomalistic science has reached a deadlock between believers and skeptics. As for as I'm concerned, this deadlock will never end because from what I can tell, the whole field has a 'tricksterish' element which prevents the uncovering of a 'perfect case'. Attempts to examine the paranormal through a scientific lense are fraught with problems, because the more we try to focus on it, the more it disappears. And I do not believe that is because it was never there in the first place. I think it is because the scientific method is actually antagonistic towards the conditions required for manifestation of anomalistic phenomena. Anyway, after many years of exploring NDEs, poltergeists, religious visions, alien abductions, etc, I can only conclude that mundane explanations are inadequate to explain some of the more interesting features of these phenomena. Transcendent explanations (including the idea that there is such a thing as aliens or religious frameworks) are inadequate too, because nobody has come up with a physical or metaphysical theory that does justice to the diversity in these phenomena.

So, after thinking my way in circles for decades, I think the only way for me to get a better understanding of the nature of anomalistic experience is to go for direct experience of my own, and see if there is another perspective to be had.

In terms of 'spirit quest', I was thinking along the lines of a taking something like DMT in the company of a person who is very experienced with that sort of thing. Preferably a Shaman, or some benevolent person who understands my motivation. It's not just to 'trip out'. There is a very definite reason I want to try this, and that is to gain insight into Shamanic practices and the use of hallucinatory experience. I want to get out of my left brain and get into the symbolism-rich right-brain functioning. I don't want more 'oneness of all things' experiences, because nice as they are, they do not help me understand the content of, for example, visionary experience.

I want some different material to ponder over.

Thanks for listening.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I never been there myself, but i understand there are a lot of places where you can take ayahuasca in Iquitos Peru.

Like this place i heard about on the c realm podcast

I am sure if you look around on the web you will find more places.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
*moved to general psychonautics* :wink:

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
There are many retreats in the Amazon in Peru or Brazil that use Ayahuasca. I would suggest looking for those. Use google. Also there are some places that use San Pedro also. Good luck in your findings.

peace & love

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Gabon - Bwiti Tribe - Iboga
Amazon - Ayahuasca
Mexico - Peyote
Your local underground psychedelic healer - probably mushrooms/ayahuasca.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
It's either so bureocratically hard, castle in heaven's impossible or right off expensive to get anything that's worth it legally done.

things are more difficult illegally...

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Nomada a dit:
It's either so bureocratically hard, castle in heaven's impossible or right off expensive to get anything that's worth it legally done.

things are more difficult illegally...

There are a lot of people following there dreams and doing something worthwhile. Maybe it's hard, but they do it anyways.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"The field of anomalistic science has reached a deadlock between believers and skeptics."

Between proof and bullshit . Between loonys and realists . I`ve been interested in the theme for 40 years but i havent seen anything that couldnt be easily explained up till now .

Maybe give us some examples of unexplained phenomena .

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
God, give us an exact description of a mushroom trip? It's unexplainable.... am i right? Or can you? There`s happening more in the brain that's still unexplainable, because it can't be put into words or numbers.

Healer Shaman

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Mar 2017
Peru- Wachuma (san Pedro)
this is another important psychedelic cermony performed in Cusco.

Unreality

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juin 2017
I've had a lot of spiritual experiences with "spirits." Personally I've concluded that this reality is some form of an illusion, like a dream or matrix. Simulation theory/hypothesis is becoming popular in mainstream science community. I think reality is closer to a dream than a matrix or simulation. As for "evil" spirits, I've seen plenty, but I wouldn't worry about it. You'll find "evil" everywhere the ego can look. Usually such fear preaching comes from very religious people. I used to be a christian. smh

psychosanta

Banni
Inscrit
31 Déc 2017
I have a spirit guide who has helped me on some quests. You must make sure not to listen to "evil" spirits and ignore them...
They have no power over you if you do.