Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

I know you all have some good psychedelic evidence :)

Indecisive

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Mai 2011
Hi all! My name is Mallory, and I have a lover
Her name is Lucy, we are very good together :)

Anyway, I thought this would be the right place to come for some help. You see, I'm writing an essay in my college class about a political issue of sorts, so of course, I chose legalizing psychedelics :D

If any of you guys have some legitimate websites for finding out information on the pros/cons of making them legal, and the medical and social benefits of psychedelics, it would be fantastic if you could share them :)

-Mallory :p

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
Do you know the website http://www.maps.org/? It is an association for the studies of psychedelics and there is some research on potential benefits of psychedelics posted there.

Indecisive

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Mai 2011
Oh that website is fantastic :D It looks all official and what-not, looks like it will give me some great resources
It's surprising that I didn't find this while googling for psychedelic research

Anyone know anymore? I need like 5 or 6 resources for this damn paper :p

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Well, aside from MAPS, there is also the Heffter Research Institute, which also does research into psychedelic drugs.
http://www.heffter.org/

Furthermore, you will most probably be interested in these articles on the harms and dangers of a lot drugs, which include psychedelics somewhere near the bottom. One is from the UK, the other from the Netherlands (article also being in dutch, but I included it anyway). These provide really strong support for legislation of psychedelics in my opinion:

Voir la pièce jointe 5215
Voir la pièce jointe 5216

And you'll probably also like this article, on the possible anxiolytic effects of endogenous DMT:

Voir la pièce jointe 5217

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
And there's more...

Article on the long lasting effects of LSD on "normals". Can give some support for LSD having potential benefits for people:

Voir la pièce jointe 4327

Another article, about psychedelics in general potentially enhancing specifically creativity:

[attachment=1:1urxwv9p]Psychedelics & Enhancing Creativity.pdf[/attachment:1urxwv9p]

Then I've got an article on the use of psychedelic therapy in treating alcoholism, although the results are not conclusive, both stating that there might be great potential for it in treating alcoholism but at the same time admitting that it might not be effective at all:

Voir la pièce jointe 5220

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
And last but not least, I got one more on the use of MDMA (semi-psychedelic) in treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This study is really very promising (I think it is a MAPS study), showing immense improvement over current treatment methods, and even curing people completely who were immune to any other treatment methods available at the moment. I've brought this study to attention during two courses I've done at uni, and both times the teachers were very interested in and positively surprised about the findings:

Voir la pièce jointe 5221

EDIT: By the way, there's a similar topic over here: post-38122.html?f=39

It includes some of the same articles that I added over here, but a lot of other sources as well.
I'm guessing you have enough material to write your paper now. ;)

Indecisive

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Mai 2011
Thank you so much Mescaline! These are all great sources, even for the opposing side (which I unfortunately have to present)

Now, if only I could include my own spiritual experiences with LSD and mushrooms as evidence for how fantastic they can be when used properly.

Ah...maybe in a future essay

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Nice article you got there, Allusion!
Gonna make it part of my collection, hehe. :D