Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How to dose salvia extracts?

Ton

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Sept 2005
First of all my salvia experiences:
About a year ago I bought a gram of 5× extract from *******. I smoked the gram over 2 sessions, but no trip was induced. I just felt "something", level 1 effects. (I remember feeling intense anger against a very loud moped passing by my house)
A few months ago I bought some dried leafs. I found them very hard to smoke, because of the smoke's heat, and I didn't manage to smoke the bowls fast after each other. Again, just level 1 effects.
I read that many people have tolerance at salvia and they need to smoke it a few times before real effects occur. I think that it's likely that I've also got some tolerance.

I really would like to have a real salvia-trip and since I find the smoking hard, I want to smoke as less as possible. So I bought a gram of 20× extract from Tree Of Knowledge.
How do I know how much I need to smoke? When I take too little, I can smoke another bowl. But when I take to much, I'll just have to wait for the end of the experience. I would like to start with a small dosage and gradually increase the dosage, because I believe that it's more possible to have a enjoyable strong trip, after having experienced less stronger trips before to find out what it is like. I haven't got a scale scrupulous enough to measure a dosage, so I'll guess I'll have to know how much I have to take so I can divide a dosage by eyesight. Does anyone know common dosages with 20× extract? Or perhaps how much salvinorin A the extract contains and common dosages for salvinorin A?

I also would like to know if you guys experience any different effects when cannabis has been smoked? Because I smoke cannabis every day and it's likely that I've smoked some on the evening that I'm going to do the salvia.

G

Invité
The common dosage for 20x would be around 0.05 gr methinks...

I used to dose 10x by making a long line of extract on a sheet of paper, make it as even as possible, and then take a ruler (?) and measure it. If I have one gram on the sheet and a acceptably even line measuring about 30 cm, then I know that every 3 cm should be approx 0.1 gr...

May be harder with 20x though...

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Ton,

With my homemade x10 I do not mind that much about dosage. I just take a 'pinch' of extract. It has no real importance except to not burn too much material. Why ? Because when you feel the strong effect growing, you just have 2 seconds to put apart your pipe and laydown. No way to smoke anything thereafter :lol: (better have a sitter for first times with strong extract)
The trick with extracts is to get a good water pipe and to hold down the smoke in your lungs as long as you can (20 seconds min). When you feel that you can't hold longer, inspire thru your nose to keep it a bit longer. Then wait few seconds.
With 20x you just need one pretty long hit I guess (one long hit with 10x).
So take the amount of extract to produce a 'hit' which should be really a pinch.

Yes cannabis may hugely affect the nature of the trip. In my experience, canna considerabily slow down the effects, like if I would change my DSL modem to the old 56K ;)... but it is also interresting, giving a easier to handle meditative experience.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I've never heard of that supplier, but hopefully it's good shit. I still recommend www.IamShaman.com as the best place for potent salvia.

( people are probably starting to think I work for them )

As far as "dosage", like Maru said, you really don't need to worry about it. It's not like dmt where you need to weigh out milligrams. Use enough so you can pack a bowl and get 2 giant rips off of it. A big pinch, as he says. Hit it like you're trying to kill a bowl of weed, taking as much smoke into your lungs as possible and hold it in. Hold it till you're blue in the face, exhale and kill the rest of the bowl, hold that hit in. You should feel it by the time you exhale the second hit.

That's how I always got the best effects. Smoking it out of a bong or "water pipe" was much easier on the lungs, but I think the water filters out some of the stuff you want. I never got REALLY fucked up from a bong hit of salvia.

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
i have to say iamshaman.com was great but www.alienthings.com had it alot cheaper (2.99$ for gm/5x) it is great quality shit and i really mean top shelf i found them on ebay they had a sample special where u get 1 gram of 15 times (fat gram too) and a half of 10x and a half of 5x for 10$. I really like the 10x had a fucking crazy trip on it 15x seems too potent for me

ps their mhrb is cheap too haven't ordered any yet if someone does please let me know how it was

Ton

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Sept 2005
My supplier only sells stuff in Holland. And I'm gonna smoke the salvia through a bong.