Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How much mesc. goes into the water when you cook it?

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Just a question. Personally I have no problems stuffing the goop down, it's nowhere near as difficult as other herbs i've tried.

But when you cook it as I understand it a certain amount of the alkaloids are abosrbed into the water. Would it be possible to cook it repeatedly and get pretty much ALL the alkaloids into the water? Or would it take too much water to be feasible?

The main reason I'm asking is that it would make it easier for swim to deal with, and maybe slightly more portable..

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I recently cooked a 50cm piece of San Pedro for like two hours and I only consumed the liquid. I wasn't quite happy with the trip because I became very sleepy - but that might have to do with the fact that I started in the middle of the night.

A few days later I took the dried rests of the cactus, thinking there was not much going on anymore. Maybe I'll get a slight buzz, I thought.
I drank some alcohol, and then some more alcohol and even more (beer and tequila shots) and suddenly Booom I was totally out.
I should have known that mescaline will take a while and then it suddenly hits you hard, but like this? The friend I was with and whom I hadn't told anything suddenly asked "man wtf are you on, you look like you're in outer space".

So, I can say that there was quite some good stuff left in the remains of the cooked San Pedro, although I had cooked it quite long with good amounts of water and lemon juice, because I wanted to extract as much as possible.
This told me it doesn't work. If you want the full effect, you have to take it all!

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Thanks.. yeah I've seen recipies where people just strain out the cactus and consume the liquid, but I personally just ate the goop myself (and actually had no problems at all with nausea or anything)

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
A mate prepped mine a few weeks ago and I think he just blended the 50cm of SP then mixed with water and boiled. It was pretty rough goin down, but I dosed at 2 and still had CEV's when i went to sleep well past midnight.

As for the water, I'd imagine that you could, it would just take a while probably.