Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How long can you hold shrooms?

Xcrement

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Mar 2005
My question is how long you can hold shrooms?
With and without fridge, and fresh and dried ?

I suppose it's best to dry them and lay in the fridge?
And how long could you hold them without a fridge?

Greets,

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I can't tell because I always eat them before they can get old (...and I have a growbox that's growing fine...) LOL :cool:

PsiloFlip

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2005
If properly dried, shrooms can be kept for more than a year without noticeable potency loss. (I performed a bioassay of 2g (dried,1 year old) P. cubensis and compared with 2g (dried, new harvest) P. cubensis).

Drying:

I put my shrooms on a grating and dry them by fanning at room temperature for about 36 hours. Then I put the shrooms in a box sealed from air in the presence of silicagel. The silicagel in the box absorbs all the moisture from the air and the shrooms will dry completely. Silicagel is necessary to remove all the remaining moisture from the shrooms. Properly dried shrooms are very crispy and can be pulverized easily by crushing them with your fingers. If all the moisture is not removed, storage times decrease significantly (oxidation of psilocybin/psilocin goes a lot faster if water is present).

Storage: Dark in an airtight box with silicagel in the basement (15°C).

I believe that properly dried shrooms can be kept indefinately.

Don't put dried shrooms in the fridge. A fridge is a very humid environment.

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I've made tea of mine, and freezed in the tea. Tried it after a year, it was still o.k !

Psilocybin

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2005
hi everybody!

ive dried mine and put them on the freezer, so.. you guys think that that is alright?

i also have made a tea of a bunch of them and freezed that too.

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
should be alright, that's the way i'm preserving mine...

Stonish

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2005
Is it necessary to put em in the fridge? Can't you just dry them an keep em on a dark/dry place?

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
i think you can, as long as you keep the temperature as low as possible...

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
First dryied then put in honey can be good after year or 2.
When the honey start to become blue that means that the psylocybin
started to decompose.
There's no reason keeping shrooms more than a year.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
A year is normaly o.k.......dry slowly....4 - 5 days at 16 - 18 C.....keep away from light,air and heat.= in a plastic bag ,in a jar, in the fridge. P.cyanescens = 1 year , P semilanceata stores best...2 - 3 years ( after they still do something but its not a real trip )

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
I once had shrooms that were stored for over 2 years... you just needed to take a little more but the effect was still amazing :)