Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Here's to a non-psychonaut

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Okay, I need an opinion call here, and this clearly is the best forum.

Theoretically if SWIM was an amazing psychonaut, but about to get engaged to someone who knew nothing about his travels, do you think that secret would be okay? As in, do you think they can be successful if one didn't know about the others relationship without entheogens? Just saying...

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
If you're truly in a relationship for each other, you will become comfortable enough to tell them.

secrets don't make friends (or lovers) - having said that, you have to be confident in what you are doing, that it is an OK thing. You can't stumble over your words, or make up excuses, you have to be honest with yourself to be honest with them. I told my lady very slowly. "Hey, did you know this grass contains the strongest entheogen in the world...?" kind of planted the seed...

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i 2nd what jesus said. it depends on whether the subject matters, regarding a positive understanding of each other and relationship; and if it matters how much it matters. if the person isn't like totally corrupted by fear propaganda/indoctrination/misinformation bias, then chances are he/she may well be tolerant to what others want to put in their bloodstream and respect the reasons if they seem sensible enough for the person who is taking the substance. more generally, psychonautism isn't just using psychedelic substances as tools, yet also includes various other methods of inner or outer explorations and accordingly travels (in the mind etc) or other endeavours to learn more about our true nature which is in my view infinity or other stuff...
so it boils a bit down to whether the person is ignorant and how much.
sometimes the person itself isn't really ignorant, but is forced/expected by social circumstances or other pressure to act like that. so keep an eye on that maybe apart from of course the reason for engagement with that person in the first place. i would try to weigh the arguments whether to tell the person or not, depending on a risk-benefit sort of consideration, as i can well imagine that in some cases it wouldn't be necessary or even somewhat counterproductive to the positive outcome or so. like if you only work with that person or stuff like that or it is a real close friend or relative...
i hope that helps! :p

peace!

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
an engagement is a pretty big thing
i think you should find a way to slowly and softly break it to your partner
theres no point in keeping such a think a secret

dirk.bruere

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2010
"Dear Significant Other - I have to confess I am a hopeless drug fiend hooked on mindbendingly evil substances - wanna snort a couple of grams of LSD or shall we chill out with the magic mushroom suppositories?"
It could be worse: