Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Help me to find a good vaporizer to smoke salvia=)

Jablan

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Juil 2010
Hi fellow Psychonauts, ive been smoking salvia for quite some time now, but the smoke is kinda hard on me, and i read that i could use a vaporizer instead.

But some people say that a vaporizer cant get hot enough to get the salvinorin A out.

so i have the following questions

what is the ideal burning temp for salvia?
is it possible to smoke salvia on a vaporizer, and is it better than a Bong?
And do you know any good Vaporizers to smoke salvia on?

I hope you´ll help me=D

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
as far as i know salvia and vapes is a nogo, the heat has to be super high.

its best to use a torch instead of a lighter even.

there COULD be a vape out there, but vapes are used to NOT combust the herbs so theres no smoke and just active chems, but the temp to get the salv out is above that of combustion of the herb.

i think ur best bet is a bong for the harshness.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
toughen up! :)

Jablan

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Juil 2010
thanks for the replies, i thinking of buying the Volcano, But is 230°C enough for salvia?

Jablan

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Juil 2010
heh, i hope so=P i can allways smoke other things on it of course, but Salvia and DMT are my top Priority.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
idk it could just be me, but if your willing to drop that much money on a volcaino vape for dmt and salvia, ethier you have too much money, or your doing them too often :shock:

i want a volcano so bad, those things are sick. so that could just be my envy getting the better of me.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
bong and torch lighter for salvia. if you smoke buds, go ahead, invest in a vape. but i couldn't justify buying a vape just for salvia. dmt is a whole other story, but due to the tolerance building up so quickly, i couldn't justify buying a vape for dmt alone either...

imo, salvia isn't going to taste that good no matter what you smoke it out of, it simply is not all that wonderful fruity potent skunky strains that cannabis is

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Buy what you want brosef, don't listen to these futha muckas :p

But yeah like Allusion said, if you enjoy cannabis too, a vape is the best investment for the habit. I recommend the Arizer extreme vapourizer, it's cheaper than the volcano and I think it's better too.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i've been wondering about the airizer for a little while now... you've used one? i just cant justify spending ANY large amount of money, unless it's going to fulfill my "needs" exactly. and pretty much never break... :lol:

does anyone know if the airizer comes with a warranty? because i know that the volcano does...

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I've had one for over a year now, it's been through almost daily use until recently- a really solid piece of paraphernalia. The new Extreme Q Vaporizer by Arizer comes with a three year warranty :D

gardener

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Août 2010
Hi,

I've a newbie to SD, but after a good long think about it all I will likely try some 10X this weekend. I am also interested in what vap people think is best. I already have a VapStar and and Magic Flight for my other herbs, so I'm hoping that the VapStar will do the business.

I doubt the Magic Flight would reach the required temperature for effective SD vaporisation. If anyone has tried using the VapStar already I'd be interested to get some views.

gardener

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Août 2010
So fair to say yes, the VaporStar can produce enough heat to activate SD.a vapor. Tried with 50mg X10.

Jablan

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Juil 2010
so, how about efficiency? is one lungfull from the vaporizer the same as one lungfull from a bong?

gardener

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Août 2010
Jablan a dit:
so, how about efficiency? is one lungfull from the vaporizer the same as one lungfull from a bong?

Pretty much I guess, though to be fair I've not tried just using the bong so can't really compare. You could get between 2 and 3 lungfulls which was enough for an effect. Also use a torch type lighter which is a lot better than normal flame. The other thing I noticed, you still need to suck in air for a couple of seconds before it's actually up to temp. It also needs to be on the flame for longer than other herbs, this would usually burn them a little. Seams ok for Salvia without burning.

Since I hadn't tried salvia before I took 1 or 2mins between hits so didn't maximise the effect. I fairly sure if I had took it all with less of a gap there would have been a break through type trip. Still felt melted into the bed anyway and a similar feeling like sleep paralysis, though I was able to sit up ok if I needed to. There was some visual perception changes, more so with eyes closed.

R

roycerayenz

Invité
On my list of things to try Salvia vaporizing certainly is. I can understand being tired ... But maybe part of your trip back, push hard to tell. In full effect, you are too much for the marathon should have hit it and hold it for about 30 seconds if possible. Going for a whole bag while vaping, maybe you will get a better ... Desired effect. To extract as strength, its really just a matter of how much you feel like inhaling. 100x to the moon could send a hold of people. Some may send 10x. For now, with what you are comfortable with you. Babysitting is a good idea if you want to go ahead, though maybe.

frost458

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Jan 2011
the VP-102 is very good :

url]

it's a very low cost digital vaporiser, set to maximum temps : 235°C
clic the set button (if the led is blinking the vaporiser is not heating)
wait 10 minutes

and there you go : salvia vaporisation, usualy swim is getting a very good high with 0.3g of grinded leaf

Now, 235°C is making the leaf burn, and thus produce harsh smoke, swim didn't try lower
temperature, but he is sure that you can find one were there is only salvinorin-A vaporisation.

Q

Qbit

Invité
High all, I'm new here.

I found this thread, and wanted to say that yes, you certainly can vape salvia, but not every vape will do, as some of them won't reach the high temperatures required. So I thought I'd point you in the direction of these 3 threads on this very subject, with over a hundred post between them, over at Fuck Combustion forums - the be-all and end-all site for knowledge on vapes and vaping:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5216

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=184

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=738

By the way, they tend to use a lot of acronyms over at FC, especially for the names of vape models, so here's another thread all about those, to help you though any confusion.

Mind you, I've never vaped salvia myself, as I'm from Australia, where it has been criminalised, :evil: but I did smoke it many years before that legislation came into being, as well as more recently, when I was in Southwestern China of all places (!). But now that I have a vape that would absolutely do the trick (a Silver Surfer) I'd love to try vaping it. I think it would be really interesting to experience Sally without the inevitably somewhat contaminating effects of that really harsh smoke.

It's worth keeping in mind though, that whatever vape you use, it's probably going to give any pieces that come in contact with the vapour a bit of a weird smell, which isn't what you want if you're also using it for weed (or anything else). This isn't much of a problem with a lot of vapes, as those pieces may be easy to clean, or available as spares (like the 'whip' on the Silver Surfer, and other whip vapes) which you can reserve just for salvia use. But some, like my Magic Flight Launch box, aren't so easily cleaned, and are likely to end up smelling pretty dodgy if you make a habit of running salvia through them (having said that, the Launch Box is otherwise a fantastic little device).