Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Hardcore (Hardstyle) @ Oxford ?

Matt_

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Sept 2012
Hey guys ! Do you know if there is any place where they are playing hardcore (or even hardstyle) music around Oxford ? :unibrow:

James1919

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2012
Hi Matt. I used to live in Oxford - the only place that I can think of is the Covern. I know that they used to have a hardcore night - and they had a really great psytrance night - which I'm sure they still do.
Other than that, there's a decent place on Cowley Road - though I forget the name, at the moment - they have lots of good bands on; and they may even have a hardcore night. It's been a few years since I was there, but I'm sure that the Covern will still be your best bet. It took me a year to hear about it myself, but I was glad when I did - there's a really good community in Oxford, for sure. Have fun!

Matt_

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Sept 2012
Thanks a lot James ! Yes I will definitely have a look at Cowley Road, I've been there few times, nice pubs and 1-2 clubs that I've been in but not with that kind of music ! I think by Covern you mean Coven don't you ? It has been closed last year I've just read on internet, unfortunately. Thanks again for the advice, it looks indeed like a nice city to live ! :D

James1919

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2012
It is a great city. Yeah, I did mean the "Coven" - perhaps my eye sight wasn't too good whenever I went there on a psytrance night!

I'm sorry to hear that it has closed, it was really the best place for that sort of music, but it's been almost 5 years since I was there. Other than that, the Oxford Tube is really good for going to, and coming from London - and there are certainly plenty of Hardcore (legal and illegal) parties to be found in London!

I'm not really in to hardcore - more in to bands and the occasional psytrance night - so maybe I'm not the best person to ask, but I don't think that Hardcore is that popular in Oxford. Having said that, there is a nightclub at Oxford Brooks university which is quite good, and they sometimes have decent stuff on. You don't have to be a student there to go (but you may have to be "a" student, on some nights, I think).

They do have some really good bands at that club I'm thinking of on Cowley, if you're into that kind of stuff. There are 3 or 4 clubs in town, but I think you'd be lucky to find Hardcore at any of them, to be honest - maybe Park End (that's what it was called when I was there, anyway - maybe things have changed names now).
I'd look into taking the Oxford Tube to London, if I were you. If the Coven is closed, then I can't really think that there would be much happening in Oxford itself.

Matt_

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Sept 2012
Would be great Novak' I still haven't found any place, and honestly I doubt there is ! On the other hand when I think about it, I used to live in a 450'000ppl city and there was never any hardstyle event so eventho I'm not in a different country, its not surprising. Moving to Bristol or London for 1 night is fine, but that's not really handy !