Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

HPPD after bad trip

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
My last shroomtrip, i tried MAOi with it, and let me tell you it makes a normal portion of dried hawaiians a whole lot stronger. The trip was weird, first it was fun, then later i felt like having no emotions at all. A that part of the trip i decided to smoke a spliff, didn't help at all. After that i was just crying and laughing at the same time(insanity?). after a couple of strange hours i heard my parents coming home, so i quickly jumped into my bed and pretended to be asleep. Didn't work at all, my father came into my room, and we just talked, but then he appeared to be mad(not true, but for my shroomed up brains, it was). I heard him run around the house, i heard his voice shouting in my head, i heard him drive away with the car, screaming at my mother. I knew he was onto me, he knows i have taken shrooms once. I lie in bed, terrorized by madness and fear, i could move, but i was too afraid. next morning everything appeared to be alright? weird, the shrooms had fooled me good.

Two weeks later, i came back from vacation, and i just had to smoke some pot. So i did that with a friend, and i drunk some beer. Later i had to bring that friend home on the back of my bike, and i noticed i was more stoned then ever before. Slowly even visual effects appeared, and i understood then i was having serious shroom-flashbacks. when i arrived at my place, i just had a mild to strong dose shroomtrip for two hours, but i only smoked pot???

When i really get high now i get closed eyed visuals and patterns moving all around and even open eyed visuals. They are decreasing in strenght though, but i've seen weird shit just on weed.

The weird thing is that i don't get scared i kind of like it, though i know i probably shouldn't enjoy this (temporarily?) defect. has anyone had experience with this too?

VD.

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Been there. It's actually quite common if not perfectly normal.

I recently had a mindshattering LSD experience, most of it was positive though. :)

A week ago I had some hash cake and it took me right back in my trip. Specially some of the LSD mind loops. CEV's were present and distortion of space.

Remember, THC is a psychedelic drug. An underestimated one.

BTW: You're not having HPPD. You don't have visuals when you're completely sober, do you? Just shroom flashbacks.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Yeah, cannabis can definitely "bring back" something from previous trips. It also feels to me like psychedelics open certain doors in ones psyche and those places are then more easily accessed, for example under the influence of cannabis. But what you are experiencing seems to be fairly common and there is nothing to worry about unless you find the effects disturbing or if you're having them spontaneously without any substances. These effects usually tend to subside in a while, or at least diminish to a pretty minimal level. Trips can be very intense experiences and thus they can easily remind of themselves when one enters an altered state of mind again.

DevXavier, you said it well. Cannabis is a psychedelic drug and should be treated as such. For some people (such as me) strong weed can even give minor visual effects just on it's own.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I agree THC is indeed a psychedelic, and a very underestimated drug.
But i do also have flashbacks when sobre sometimes, or just with alcohol, those flashback much weaker though.
But the flashbacks are decreasing, and i'll be alright.

It was quite scary though, i almost thought i was psychotic...

I think it was a warning since i have gone a little out of control on shroomtripping this summer. So i've quited shrooming for a while.

G

Invité
That would be the most wise thing to do,
take some time to unravel the things you've experienced and take advantage of the things you've learned.

You don't tell the mushroom, the mushroom tells you ;)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I'm having this, too. Good weed is by now a psychedelic drug for me. I can't use it anymore when I want to go out, I get totally paranoid when I do that. I can enjoy it when I smoke some alone and then lie down in my bed. It takes me on a ride and brings back trip-emotions, letting me understand my trips better.

A friend of mine once suffered from a psychosis triggered by his first shroom experience and since that time always had bad flashbacks when he smoked weed (he then stopped smoking weed, of course...).

It's normal, yes. And it shows us that weed is an entheogenic drug that needs to be respected. I'm really thankful it happened to me because it made me reduce my weed consumption by 99% from 1-2g a day to one spliff every two months or less :)

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Weed can make total silence like a disco to me nowadays. I can hear music, thoughts, visions when i close my eyes :)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Before I ever did any psychedelic drug, I could smoke more weed than I could afford on a day.

The more psychedelics I use, the less comfortable I become with weed. Unless in combination with the psychedelics.

Instead of putting me in a relaxed state of mind, like it used to, it now makes me ponder about life in a trippy fashion. I only do it in house nowadays, knowing I have nothing to do anymore that day.

Ton

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Sept 2005
I get slightly OEVs from cannabis all the time, when I've smoked pretty much.

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
I got the same experience last night when smoking weed.... i started thinking in my bed of my dmt experiences... and could get in to that on a diferent way... could get more in to a "feeling of a dmt trip".... i experienced a small bit of the bodyload also my pulse went up!!

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
I didn't know this about weed. Interesting. I'll try to find some more info when I have time.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I reckon it's because of the fact cannabinoid receptors are in a LOT of parts of your brains.

Might explain why weed can add something to virtually every drug I can think of. Even though smoking weed during cocaine sucks.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
What what what?

I can't do coke if I aint got a lot of smoke. I'll turn it down.

The comedown from doing 3 grams in an evening is a bitch, and if weren't for mary J I'd never go to sleep.

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
What what what?

The comedown from doing 3 grams in an evening is a bitch, and if weren't for mary J I'd never go to sleep.

I love the way you bring the message brewmaster :p, but yeah you're right imo. Smoking weed in combination with cocaine makes me alot more relaxed, and makes me enjoy it more.

But back on topic:
I've also had some trippy moments triggered by smoking weed. I think this happens because it's easier for a psychonaut to recognize "things from the other world".

Also had a serious flashback once after the most intense trip of my life (on shrooms :roll:). First it scared me a little, not knowing wtf was happening :p, but when I think about it now... it was quite interesting 8)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
What what what?

Well that's something different... as soon as I take anything like coke, x or speed I can smoke a lot of weed without getting psychedelic or paranoid (maybe psychedelic, but not paranoid). The coke or speed takes that away totally, it takes away all fears, I'd do anything on coke ;)