Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Guy on psilo jumps out of his window in The Hague

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Short summary:

A disorientated 18 year old guy jumps out of his window and dies. Eye witnesses suspect he was under influence of mushrooms.

Police got a call that he planned to do so, when they arrived he already made his fatal jump. Shortly after his arrival in the hospital, he slipped away.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/1611 ... geNumber=1

This ain't gonna help much for us.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Probably the final blow if you ask me :roll:
Well, of course we can just grow but it's just not reality that mushrooms make someone do these kinds of things
I had an extremely insightful, blissful and healing experience with mushrooms just yesterday.. so perhaps I'm even more bothered by this news then usual
Having our government, being the authority of a big part of the dutch people state this as the truth is just another big shame and misconception brought on to the herd that we live in.. unpleasant to say the least and also another narrowing of global consciousness.. just what this world needs :?

Telico

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
"We lost a moron ! Let's fuckin celebrate !" [Bill Hicks]

... joking !

Well that could probably be another argument for prohibition, even if alcohol is responsible for far more deaths.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i know somebody who did something similar on lsd and survived. to this day he has no idea why hw did it. he wasnt suicidal or trying to fly. he just did it. hes now a psychiatric nurse

SpiralArchitect

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Juil 2008
Quite unfortunate, I hope this doesnt mean new legislation would be passed to prohibit mushrooms (Excuse me if I am wrong here, Im not too familiar with the laws in the netherlands).

RIP, it's always sad when someone so young has to die, especially from their own causes. The introduction of a powerful hallucinogenic in a bad scenario/situation isn't likely to help either.... maybe in the proper set and setting, with a sitter, he could've overcome his emotional troubles and had a positive experience. Now hes just dead and the fingers are being pointed at the mushrooms, quite unfortunate. :(

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I think the minister who's trying to prohibit the mushroom, now has again a good reason to do so. This is really fucked up!

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
THE HAGUE - a 18 person jumped friday in a very confused state from a window of his house on the Albert Schweizerlaan, and was mortally wounded. According to the policeforce the boy had used mushrooms.

The police force got a report that a boy wanted to jump after wrong use of mushrooms.
Arrived at the house, he appeared to have jumped already. The young person has been brought badly injured to a hospital, where he died later. When an ambulance brother was busy stabilising the victim, an oxygen bottle exploded. The brother and two police constables thereby slightly wounded. The Labour Inspectorate establishes a research.

I translated the bulletin for you guys, cause i found it a dubious one.

My respons:

This is the result of the witchhunt on the shroom!

Now allot of people who never payed attention to the psychoactive world, now all of the sudden want to experiment while they still can.
These people tend to neglect to inform themselfs of what they are getting into.

Unfortunate situation, but making mushrooms illegal will not prevent this from ever happening again!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Whats the percentage of people who harm themselves on mushrooms compaired to the percentage of people who drink alc that harm themselves , or to car acidents and car drivers ? A sensible risk list after making reliable studys into all acidents / harm would be good .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Sad, but I'm not surprised.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
GOD a dit:
Whats the percentage of people who harm themselves on mushrooms compaired to the percentage of people who drink alc that harm themselves , or to car acidents and car drivers ? A sensible risk list after making reliable studys into all acidents / harm would be good .

It does not matter for this minister, he is just an Christian asshole. Who just want to prohibit all the drugs that are out there. If he could right now, he would have made cannabis illegal, but he knows that he will get problems if he try's to do that.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Cant official decissions be contested in court in Holland ? If so with statistical arguments there might be a chance to stop him or others twisting things and basing laws on twisted "facts" ?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Sad indeed.

R.I.P.

Better luck next time.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
GOD a dit:
Cant official decissions be contested in court in Holland ? If so with statistical arguments there might be a chance to stop him or others twisting things and basing laws on twisted "facts" ?

I've tried looking into the matter on this, but I couldn't find it...

Fact is the minister who is going to prohibit shrooms ordered a scientific report. When it came back with the advice NOT to prohibit them, he simply rejected it saying that in his judgment prohibition was justified. Facts don't really matter to him. Statistics are just used to prove the point the state wants to make.

lol*fan

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Juil 2007
According to the police the boy had been using "paddo's".
Who knows what the true story's like... sadly, the comments on the article tell me the propaganda of the past year has worked wonders. Someone saying "this is the umpteenth paddo-accident, ban them already" Someone talking about someone chopping up a dog because of paddo's...

The overall impression I got from the comments I read was "Government, do something! It is your rightful duty to ban these evil things!" O well... nothing's new under the sun.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^In another article I read that his friend who used them with him called the police to warn that his friend was threatening to jump from the window.

The comments on the Telegraaf's site are misinformed to say the least. But you can't really do anything about that.

lol*fan

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Juil 2007
Well, a positive thing here is that they credit it to... no wait, they don't credit it to anything at all. The positive thing is the article says the person jumped after wrong use of mushrooms. That's an improvement over just writing 'after use of mushrooms'.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Telico a dit:
Well that could probably be another argument for prohibition

But could also be an argument for legalization: if he did this, it's because he was in a bad set&setting. If he was in a bad set & setting, it's because he didn't know about those set&setting rules. If he didn't know about it, it's because he wasn't informed. And he wasn't informed because of prohibition.

Legalize for better information to protect people from harming themselves in such stupid ways!!!

Who knows what the true story's like

Exactly... everywhere the way it is written makes me feel they suppose he was on shrooms (because he jumped from a window? Yeah right that's the classic, jumping from a window because of hallucinogens, it MUST be that)

Fact is the minister who is going to prohibit shrooms ordered a scientific report. When it came back with the advice NOT to prohibit them, he simply rejected it saying that in his judgment prohibition was justified. Facts don't really matter to him. Statistics are just used to prove the point the state wants to make.

Of course, they can lie with statistics. Not with scientific reports.

Unfortunate situation, but making mushrooms illegal will not prevent this from ever happening again!

Of course not lol... it's gonna happen a lot more.

Fucking stupid ignorant politicians

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
But could also be an argument for legalization: if he did this, it's because he was in a bad set&setting. If he was in a bad set & setting, it's because he didn't know about those set&setting rules. If he didn't know about it, it's because he wasn't informed. And he wasn't informed because of prohibition.

Well the problem is, that mushrooms are still legal. It's sadly but the smartshops who sell the mushrooms don't advice people very well. And since this minister wants to prohibit the mushrooms, the shrooms suddenly getting more popular. And now accidents starting to happen.....

Exactly... everywhere the way it is written makes me feel they suppose he was on shrooms (because he jumped from a window? Yeah right that's the classic, jumping from a window because of hallucinogens, it MUST be that)

Indeed i also heard this to many times, why should everyone who used some psychedelics jump out the window? It stinks!

Of course, they can lie with statistics. Not with scientific reports.

That's true, but the minister just ignores it, and just do what he likes to do.

[quote:2xi6c0sp]Unfortunate situation, but making mushrooms illegal will not prevent this from ever happening again!

Of course not lol... it's gonna happen a lot more.
[/quote:2xi6c0sp]

I am afraid of this to :S

drk

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Mai 2008
I m realy curious to see how many poeple comit sucide under chemical pharmaceutical products as valium, "roche" assortiments;), lysanxia, lexotan, etc...

And how many dies cause of alcool action over you reflexes etc...

I have a friend who jump out of his window and felt down 2levels down.. he had many contusions and broken leg, but the cause was alcool!!!!!!!!!!!

We should first see If the mushrooms users who make crazy things are only using mushrooms! Maybee the cause Is more a problem of informations and education!

Legalise and than we ll be able to explain what are the drugs more sincerly!