Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Growing Your Own Tobacco Plant

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
So for some time now I've been thinking of getting a garden going with the usuals, San Pedro, Salvia, Cannabis, Poppy plants, etc, etc ;)
I thought about it and to this list I wanted to add a Tobacco Plant. And just in case anyone wants to bring up the fact that it is illegal, look at where I'm posting!

So I smoke a pack a day, and thats a lot of cash, and I would always have fresh tobacco. Anyone got any thoughts/ideas?

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I know nothing about growing tobacco. All I know is one thing, "fresh tobacco" tastes absolutely awful.

All good tasting tobacco has been aging for approximaly 4-5 years, even more.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Oh really? Interesting... Maybe I should do my own research instead of just posting and hoping everything will be given to me.

Hrm...

G

Invité
if you smoke a pack a day, you should have a pretty big yard to plant all you need! that idea has crossed my mind, but then...i wondered...it is bad for your health....it is bad for your pocket...it is good for impotency...why am i smoking ? after having some shitty days, i have now recovered, not smoking, after 8 years of 2-3 packs a day. it is bad, but i recon an acid bad trip is far worse :)

Adder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Mar 2008
If you are growing it for use tobacco will take quite a few plants to get enough to last you for any length of time. If you want to grow it for ornamental purposes it's fairly easy to grow. Our family has been growing it for over 100 years and we still have a tobacco lot in the state of KY.

I haven't personally been in on growing since our lot has been shared out for a long time but several older family members can remember working in the tobacco field picking tobacco worms and harvesting it to be put up in the barn for drying. If you have any specific questions I can ask one of my uncles or my mom and get back to you with an answer.

Actually when my mom was growing up the tobacco crop was the "cash" crop. They were subsistence farmers for many many years and raised or shot most of their food. The tobacco crop provided what little money they spent for things that couldn't be easily made at home. Believe or not they also lived in a log cabin. Still have some pictures of it taken around the start of WWII. It was destroyed when the interstate was constructed.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Tobacco should be fairly easy to grow, it has been grown in Germany for commercial purpose after the war, so it can take quite a climatological beating, I guess. I don't know how complicated it is to make it into delicious cigarettes, but I guess they will lack the chemical enhancements of commercial products - so maybe you will not be satisfied at first with the pure product. Should be healthier, though...

and by the way I don't think it is illegal anywhere in the world to grow a few tobacco plants for private use!

Oh really? Interesting... Maybe I should do my own research instead of just posting and hoping everything will be given to me.

Hrm...
LOL. Well, what else is there to say to that? ;)
Just kidding... speculating and talking about something never hurts, does it? You can still do (and should always do) your own research! And by the way adder turned out to be a good resource for tobacco growing with all his (her?) family experience with the plant. So, the thread is meaningful with a knowledgeable discussion.
...and I'm babbling away here with the (after?) effects of San Pedro and don't know how to meaningfully stop my flows of thought. Never mind ;)

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
in the uk you are allowed to grow only 8 plants but i dont think its policed.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I once got told in a smartshop that you can hardly smoke fresh tobacco. it's just to damn strong.
an other point about siggies since we're talking about tabacco; fuck smoking man. so many people die every year from that crap in your longs. it's the indian curse my friend. it wants its revenge.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Well, if you are a tobacco smoker I would think that you would have a connection with the plants you are growing. I know this stands true for cannabis/mushrooms/etc.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
DevXavier a dit:
I know nothing about growing tobacco. All I know is one thing, "fresh tobacco" tastes absolutely awful.

All good tasting tobacco has been aging for approximaly 4-5 years, even more.

And cured with parfum.