Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Growing San Pedro cactus from seed

Kevin1

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Juin 2012
Hi, new to this site. I'm seeking advice about growing San Pedro from seed. My climate is temperate(Southern Indiana), though I'll be wintering them indoors.

1) What soil/soiless mix do you reccomend for sprouting the seeds?
2) How much moisture to start the seeds?
3) Dry between waterings?
4) Humidity levels at first?
5) How long before first fertilizer application?
6) Self watering container ok?

All advice welcome, thanks!

Kevin1

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Juin 2012
All I hear is crickets chirping, does no one have any advice? :???:

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
These two should cover the basics:

Erowid Cacti Vaults : Visionary Cactus Guide - Growers Guide
Growing Cacti from Seed

Of the top of my head:

1) What soil/soiless mix do you reccomend for sprouting the seeds? See links.
2) How much moisture to start the seeds? Wet but not soaking unless you have amazing drainage set up.
3) Dry between waterings? Depends on if you're using a heating mat, which depends on regular temperatures in your area. If you're using a heating map, don't let it dry out completely, if not, then it's okay if you the top part of the soil gets dry beore you water again.
4) Humidity levels at first? Humidity is obviously not as important until they "sprout", but once you see any green pop up, humidity should be kept almost at all times. Make sure the dome around the pots is at least somewhat wet.
5) How long before first fertilizer application? If you wanted to be very efficient, add CO2 in the beginning. Not much else until they're a bit more grown seedlings, then use a 5-5-5 mix.
6) Self watering container ok? I'd start without one obviously for seedlings, but then shouldn't be too bad. Just be conservative with the waterings to avoid root rot.

Kevin1

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Juin 2012
Thank you, Darkwolfunseen, I'll explore that Erowid link.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
No problem Kevin1. Feel free to ask me anything, I am passionate about cacti, so I'm hoping I can help you quite a bit.