Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Growboxes, are they legal ?

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
Hullo there, as I've been busted buying dried shrooms on the internet a few weeks ago, I was considering buying growboxes from now on...

I was like 99% sure that those boxes were totally legal, but someone on the french board says that they're not, and as I've lost the link where I found a reading about this stuff, I'm a bit lost...

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Tiax a dit:
Hullo there, as I've been busted buying dried shrooms on the internet a few weeks ago, I was considering buying growboxes from now on...

I was like 99% sure that those boxes were totally legal, but someone on the french board says that they're not, and as I've lost the link where I found a reading about this stuff, I'm a bit lost...
How did you get busted buying shrooms on the internet? Did he internet police get you? (seriously, how is that done? :f)

G

Invité
Faust a dit:
How did you get busted buying shrooms on the internet? Did he internet police get you? (seriously, how is that done? :f)

The customs officers opened our order at the border...

It's not the first time that this kind of thing happens to us, usually they just confiscate the package, but this time we were stupid enough to order for 400 euros, so they thought that we were going to sell them or stuff like that...

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
is it obvious that the box is made for growing shrooms, or you really have to know? I suppose websites that sell them aren't stupid enough to write "Psylocibe Mushrooms Growbox" on them...

G

Invité
That's not the point, regarding the law, a shroom is legal 'till it has proceded any transformation, after this it turns into a drug and becomes illegal (and yes, that include drying the shroom).

The shops over the internet will sometimes refuse to send fresh mushrooms because they could dry during the transportation and become illegal when they reach the border...

My question really concerns the legality of the growbox, not it's discretion...

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
well if fresh mushrooms are legal i cant see how growboxes could be illegal, since mushrooms that grow from it aren't dry :lol:

In Canada laws, I found that in Controlled Drugs and Substances Act:

11. Psilocin (3–[2–(dimethylamino)ethyl]–4–hydroxyindole) and any salt thereof

12. Psilocybin (3–[2–(dimethylamino)ethyl]–4–phosphoryloxyindole) and any salt thereof

would that mean that growboxes are illegal here?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I'm pretty sure that canadian laws are the same as US; and that is spores are legal for "study" (except a few states like California). Liquid cultures are also legal. Grow boxes are also legal since all they contain (from what I understand) is spores, and substrate needed for growing them. All that's legal until you put one + one together and make a mushroom, then you've broken the law.

As for the square flag country, this is all erowid says
Switzerland #
Psilocybin-containing mushrooms are controlled. In 2006, the "Sacred Mushroom Church of Switzerland" was raided and shut down and its operator, David Schlesinger, was arrested.

I don't understand what "controlled" means?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
One scheme is that shrooms are illegal and second is if you are buying growboxes very likely you will be arrested for growing as I was. Growboxes are worst than shrooms. And what will happen, growbox will be tested in lab, but this will take time and some shrooms will sprout out of box. So my advice is buy spores and grow your own shrooms. It is not so hard. And you can mix 2 or 3 species of shrooms in one cake and get new one cause similar species can mix mycelium and new one spices of shrooms will come out. 8)