Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Graffiti and bombing

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
Do you like graffiti?
I bomb and make paint sometimes =)

Some time ago I found two very interesting works! =)
Here they are =)

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
Ups sorry mean I paint ctencils!

hi

Banni
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
Gerda's right breast is smaller than her left breast ??

hi

Banni
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
i dont understand dutch language but this site is super!

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'm going to UK and painting with trick in the summer (knock on wood).

I fucking love painting. Haven't gone ina while though

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
oh man, i would have never thought that vandals like ourselves would meet up on psychonaut. and illegalsmile that fucking handstyle is the SICKIST ive ever seen.

i need to learn where to rack paint around here in the UK. theres a store that sells shit like a home depot RIGHT across the road from me, but idk if i want to hit it. cuz its RIGHT across the road. lol

i want some goooood paint. someone send me some montana? ;)

and i planned to go for a night of exploring with my newly made mop last night, but i quickly realized there was no squeezability possible without the nib popping out... fml. so i sat by myself and drank a beer and smoked some weed, then went home. twas quite depressing.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
yes, graffiti is how i found identity and how i feel connected to my city. i knew there had to be at least someone because both writers and psychonauts are very artistic, individual, against the grain kind of people. most of the best writers i know also take alot of psychedelics like shrooms, or grew cannabis. and i just love mixing artistic elements like symmetry and repetition with something so traditional like calligraphy.im fascinated with the idea of your very own created font or symbol that has meaning for people who know what it means but beauty even for people who cant understand it, like cave paintings or decorated fonts back when books were handwritten

those arent my tags though, i do practice my handstyles alot, theyre the most important part i think.
those pics are of a certain type of handstyle called philly wickeds/wickets. like simple tags but with alot of style and patterns in it, almost making it unreadable but appreciable for symmetry complexity and uniqueness.
http://www.graffiti.org/faq/wickeds.html

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
eh, maybe ill take some pics of some sketches. my wall work aint worth posting though...

I'm going to try new shit this summer - i found i aint very good at alot of styles - gotta be uniqq

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
ive never heard of wickeds, but ive heard of philly tags. i do them on occassion. the tag is pretty uch as tall as you are.

and i think throwup styles are the most important. altho ive put much more work into my handstyles then my throwie styles.

in my opinion its a must to have a good throwup that you can do quick, is at the minimum legeble, and has some style to it too.
they can be done quite fast, and they are highly visible/elegble compaired to tags.

keep in mind ive easily done 4 times more tags than throwups in my life but the tags to me are just a marker that you have been somewhere, while throwups are more of an advertizement SHOUTING youve been somewhere.

if i go for a walk somewhere ill hit some marker or mop tags the whole way there. but if im goin out bombing its all about location, where will other wrighters see me? where will common folk see me, and where is a spot thats not so high profile that it gets me cought, but not so low profile that no one ever sees it.

idk i could go on for days about graff.

oh yea, i do like creative handstyles too, i wright "mean" and the E and the A make eyes, and its underlined to make a frowning mouth, so its kind of a picture of a 'mean' face IN a tag. its cool.

and the other name i wright is "pres", thats the one that i have the nice throwup styles for, but my tag has alota style but no flow... the only fun thing its good for is flares ;)

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
ya i wana get some of my art up here, i dont take pics of wall work cuz ive only done 2 or 3 pecies, the rest are throwups and they are kinda boring for pics cuz there always the exact same lol. ill see if i can get the scanner working again, if so ill scan the highlights of my portpholio (aspiring tattoo artist :rolleyes:)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
picture0007.jpg

quick 3 minute sketch... "Worp'd"

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i knew you would have good lettering jesus ever since i saw your abstract black and white designs. you're good at looking out of control, but in control. ill get a camera soon and do and alphabet or something

i love them all (handstyles, throw-ups, characters, wildstyles) but i think the tag is the most important because its like the skeleton of your letters, if im doing a throwie with unfamiliar letters ill handtsyle the word first to get the shapes in my head then i build off of it. i also have horrid handwriting when writing print or cursive

i didnt have much interest in little tags at first but then i met this guy on a forum who had obviously been practicing his technique for years. he was in a online battle where you pick a word and then submit your picture to be voted on by others on the forum. The word was "Elephantiasis" and he killed everyone with a legible one that made up the head of an elephant trunk and two ears on each side.
i like my throws too but the way i live right now, (no car mainly) i just keep a marker or two with me and hit buses, dumpsters, payphones, pretty girls that let me draw on them, etc.. i still see spots that i dream about bombing everywhere i go, the time will come.

id like to see your tattoo stuff trick.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
fuck yah! graffiti girls for the winn. you havent lived till you spent an hour with a semi naked girl and a handfull of paint pens. i wish my old computer diddnt crash, that photo was the ultimate form of bragging rights ;)

PRES on her side/ass cheaa.

and as for dream spots you havent hit... i think we all have that. there was the billboard i wanted to hit back in florida, and it was SOOOO HIGHHH, yet still easily accessible (chainlink fence around the base to keep people away from the ladder, but really its just a thing to climb on to GET to the ladder haha)

and ya, IJC has some cool as styles, there out there and have that abstract feel.

myne arnt so interesting and creative lol.

and IJC 3 mins... thats hardcore. i couldnt do something like that in 3 mins, atleast not so abstract, the way the letters come together is quite impressive, ide be interested to see a time lapse of you creating some letters, cuz i have NO idea how to do that shit lol.

oh and my portpholio isnt exactly centered towards tattoos, its just a binder of pics that i approve of for showing other people, the rest is in an unorginized privet 'doodle' stash that i look back on now and again for inspiration.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
http://tinypic.com/r/258uexd/5
http://tinypic.com/r/34oy7mq/5
http://tinypic.com/r/nz517b/5

the pics all look super shitty cuz its light pencil and scanner diddnt pick up on the lighter details, but thats my lil wildstyle i guess you can call it, and the florida with the sunset is my next tat, its not quite finnished still trying to make the shadow look like a shadow, rather than a 3d block of the state of florida. and it will be in color, cuz thats just the ruff sketch.

and the other ones arnt in color cuz i did them with i was locked up lol. but the picture with the ufo and the desert n shit, thats my favorite picture iver ever drawn in my life.

and idk if you guys wana have an art circle jerk or not but i have more pics i can scan haha.

unless you guys are interested tho, i dont feel like scanning my tags and bomb styles.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
picture0009i.jpg

lol after sum math hmwk

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
haha that shits so ill, i love ur style.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
i wish i had a wall of my own and a nice chunk of good paint.

hey IJC, that shipping container is sounding more and more usefull! :lol: