Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Going at it again: cubensis ban hua thanon

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Weird. I ordered 4 strains from Ralphster's; Ban Hau Thanon was one of them. I'm also getting B+, Hawaiians and Ecuadors. I'm planning on making liquid cultures out of all 4 syringes to start some larger grows. I'm still fairly new to this so I got strains that are easier to grow. Anyway, this was the description of BHT on Ralphster's

"I have to admit I have fallen in love with this particular strain. It seems to work well on just about anything...spores are extremely strong and flushes just seem to keep coming. This is a great visual strain as well. No wavy effects with this one...just smooth and enjoyable viewing."

I'd never heard of it so I thought I'd try it out.

How do you plan on growing them?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
If you have a pressure cooker in your little laboratory, you should take a shot at growing with rye berries or bird seed instead of brown rice and vermiculite.
After you try it once, you'll wonder why you wasted so much time on cakes. They're like a bad joke on beginners.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Brewmaster a dit:
If you have a pressure cooker in your little laboratory, you should take a shot at growing with rye berries or bird seed instead of brown rice and vermiculite.
After you try it once, you'll wonder why you wasted so much time on cakes. They're like a bad joke on beginners.

Pressure cooker was the first thing I got when I decided to start growing shroom :)

Ok bird seed, I've read about that before so I'm going to give that a try. I'll make a liquid culture with one of the first flushes I get out of the pf tek, I'm tempted to start birdseed right away but I want to make sure I have continuation this time so I dont have to order new syringes :)

Is there anything specific I should pay attention to when getting seed? I recall reading something about wild bird seed sometime a while ago.

So with the seed, procedure would be something like:

Fill jars with birdseed
sterilize in pressure cooker
inoculate bs with spores
let colonize
shake jars once in a while to spread out myc
if 100% colonization -> case
?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I'll give you some links in a bit but you've got the idea. Grains are so much more nutritious than rice and verm, they make a world of difference.

One thing you should do though, is make a liquid culture with some of the syringe you have. You can use 1-2 cc's out of a 10cc syringe to make a whole quart jar full of mycelium in 2 weeks. Then you can keep refilling our syringe with the LC to innoculate so many more jars or cakes or whatever you're using.

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Brew...

About BS tek... I have heard that one shouldn't use BS mix with hemp seeds in it. There is supposed to be too much fat in them. Is it true that fat slows the growth?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I can't say I've ever heard that one before. Most birdseed comes with sunflower seeds in it, which are high in fat but I take them out because they float when you're soaking the grain. I wouldn't imagine that a few hemp seeds would be that big a deal.

Anyhoo, everything I've learned has come from the shroomery, but here's some of the best links to preparing grain. (sorry if you've already seen all this )

Preparing the grain
http://www.shroomery.org/9030/Docs-Wild-Bird-Seed-Tek

When it's all colonized, spoon it out of the jars and mix with pasteurized horse shit. It's not as messy as it sounds, I buy pre-pasteurized that's been aged so it doesn't stink up your place.
http://www.shroomery.org/8388/Bulk-Neglect-Report
something like this but I use a monotub...
http://www.shroomery.org/9107/Double-Tub-Pictorial

there's no need to use 2 tubs if you buy 1 that's deep enough. This method has been very good to me, with the holes filled with poly-fil there's no need to fan it out or do anything with it. With the same amount of space, you can go from pulling a couple ounces to a pound or more. Making a liquid culture is sort of necessary to innoculate a bunch of quart jars, though. I use dry malt extract instead of honey, dissolved in a pint jar and pressure cooked at 15psi for an hour. Then innoculate the liquid with one cc of spore solution just like you would a regular PF cake. In a couple weeks you can turn 10cc of spore solution from one syringe into enough for 100 syringes.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Cool links Brew.

These teks are for bulk right? Do you think the quality of the mushroom is also improved? Like they are more potent so you need to take less to get where you want etc..

Edit: Still reading those teks, I think I will like to mess around like that, thanks again :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yeah, it's bulk but all I had to do was take the hygroton/ grow rocks out of my fruiting chamber that used to hold 16-20 cakes and fill it with shit. It takes up the same amount of space that it was taking up before, and now I don't use an aquarium heater or a pump for fresh air. Nothing needs to be plugged in so there aren't a bunch of extension cords running all over my house.

I think just growing on horse shit produces better shrooms in many ways, most obviously size, and number; maybe even a little more potent. They're also less prone to having hollow stems (big problem w/ my creepers) when grown on a more naturally nutritious substrate.

Of course you can mix the colonized grains with coco coir or other substrate to do smaller casings to put into a regular fruiting chamber with all the bells and whistles and humidifiers etc. Basically, if you have a PC, IMO, there's no reason to even keep those little pint jars around; throw them away and try grains.

Granola_man

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Fev 2007
I am in full agreement with brewer on that one.
B+ on horse shit is sight to be seen. shrooms bigger than your forearm, and what not. Grains are much more nutritious as a substrate, but you can crumble your PF cakes in a sterilized plastic bag and then spawn with some horse shit.
Check out the sporelab for pre-pasteurized horse dung, it works well for me.
www.sporelab.com. Just some suggestions however, happy cultivating and best wishes.