Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Gaia

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I want you all to think deep, and of course I know you all can.

I want two thoughts to come to tuition for you, and I want you to compare them;
First - Imagine Earth as Gaia, a body of life, with all types of sublife within. Get picture of the vastness and biological simulations within Gaia. Become a part of planet Earth, see that you have stemmed from it, and will eventually fertilize it's grounds once more. Broaden this perspective, the universe, a giant Gaia that has possibility to become biological, yet it's preventing this - its expanding too fast for life to keep up... but there are other ways.

Next - Blank your brain, clean your slate. A black mesh. Now, to get to where I want you to go will be more difficult, I believe most of you would agree with what I have said up top, although I didn't really say anything.

Think of an atom... wobbling around,electrons all over the place. Then a second atom comes near, there is a slight mutual attraction, and then... LOCK. A molecule has formed. Press fast forward. You see the molecule break, grow, grow , break, grow, its getting bigger, larger fragments are being added and subtracted, its almost eight atoms in size at its biggest. Triple that FF speed. You're seeing the molecule move and dart and jet and expand, contract, you have to zoom out a bit, the atoms themselves are getting pretty small. Now this cluster of a thing, this monster, spinning and moving slower and more gently, your fast forward is still quite fast. Another molecule of the same size appears, quickly they seem to form a bridge. You up the pace again, and you see many of these bridges forming, large and large chains, you have to zoom out again - now the atoms are tiny specks of almost nothing within these hundreds of thousands of atoms all combined in unfamiliar shapes. Ahh.. a ring has formed. Some close to a million atoms now in a chain... they seem to be sifting through the sea of surrounding molecules, water, carbon dioxide, nitrogen... they all seem to be effortlessly carrying this macro-ring as if it was weightless. The light becomes brighter, and you see odd reactions occuring, bonds are breaking and forming that you weren't familiar with through the length of this theoretical movie. Your ring has just washed up on shore. There seems to be cracks and crevices with odd spheroidal blobs floating about, like oil in water. Your ring is attracted to these distinctly unknown voids. You decide to fast forward again, ahh it now seems to be looking like the shape of a some complex cell, some proto-life. Interesting, you fastforward again, but this time it seems you've reached too fast. you stop it before its too far along the story, and you stop. What a weird looking animal. It's fleshy, pinkish beige maybe? It looks like an ape, but with rather selective hair. It walks upright, and by now with the speed of your movie, it seems the awkward animal has put sheets of fiber over herself. You assume it is because she is cold, and yet she is sweating? You watch the errection fo a wooden cube, displaced from organic fungus possibly 50 feet in height. She sits in her cube for long periods of time and when she comes out the only thing she does is get in another cube, assembled by the melting of amorphous rocks of the earth. She rides her shiny cube to yet another, longer more slender cube. She is gone for a long time.

You decide this is rather weird. What is it in these cubes? What could these animals possibly be doing? You decide to investigate and slow down the tape. After long periods of hypothesizing you have come up with some conclusions:
The female animal has little time to live.
The animals are aware they have little time to live.
A specific green paper seems to be a communication object.
Most cubes communicate with other cubes by the communication of paper through these animals.
All cubes need the animals.
Some animals get rid of themselves, and get rid of other animals.
You cannot conclude why, as animals who do get rid of themselves seem the same as the animals that don't.
Some animals get rid of lots of animals.
You decide this because the animals that are being rid of don't have enough communicators.
Some animals torture other animals, this is because the other animals don't have communicators, and this seems like enjoyment for the other animals.
The awkward animal has large amounts, billions in count, of quadraped animals who don't move.
Millions of animals eat the billions of quadrapeds - there are no quadrapeds with communicators.

Why the hell did I write this?

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
At certain reference points, yes.

Not while I'm sitting in my dorm talking to my friends...

Relativity

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
we ARE Gaia, but choose to think to perceive ourselves as separate entities from the impenetrable life-field which IS the universe... only when we can experience oneness to the universe and/or Gaia we would be able to stop the endless river of information in our head(s), or at least then would we have the "capabilities" for being able to notice the trueness in our inner feelings towards all the truth and possible falseness out there and whatever happens to the photons you're visual perception has "absorbed"... only then would we be able to "see" errors and mistakes that were being made, but with a decent probability of being avoided, and with a "perspective of elevated positivism" towards endless creation. also we might bring issues into the focus of our awareness that are yet to happen, and are possibly errors or mistakes that we could prevent for ourselves to avoid giving misery and similar conditions increased possiblilities of entering into our lives.
that being said we might consider commiting ourselves to terms like "having/taking responsability for our own lives" etc etc in a much more dedicated passionate way and hopefully in a way that is positive to ourselves and everything we have in ourselves which IS positive for us.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I have been through this back in days and eventually it almost drove me crazy. Nowadays I have closed the inner dialogue, I persist that I know all the codes and cards, but only for my self, it's the only exit out of the collective eternal determination which renders itself perpetual.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
This planet is not terra firma.
It is a delicate flower and it must be cared for.
It's lonely.
It's small.
It's isolated, and there is no resupply.
And we are mistreating it.
-- Scott Carpenter, astronaut

Nature is not a place to visit, it is home.
-- Gary Snyder

O Goddess Earth, O all-enduring wide expanses!
Salutation to thee.
Now I am going to begin cultivation.
Be pleased, O virtuous One.
-- Ancient Sanskrit prayer

If there is to be an ecologically sound society, it will have to come the grass roots up, not from the top down.
-- Paul Hawken

If we valued the works of nature as much as the works and deeds of people, we would all be richer by far. Any ancient forest, polar bear or species of snake is more complex and improbable than Wi-Fi, the Mona Lisa or landing a man on the moon. What price would you pay to keep such treasures?
-- Jenny Daltry

peace :weedman:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i know its old, but "why write this?" i believe that we as humans are coming to a sort of concrescence, where, in order to evolve any further, great moves must take place (and already are, as noted here) to change the structure of our awareness as to function more like cells in a system. we must all work together to create a harmonious system and to become a new organism, collectively. call it what you want, i think gaia is a suitable name.

we are evolving, and at an ever-growing pace too, even if we cannot directly perceive it. we are stepping up to meet our galactic offerings of becoming a supermassive (compared to us) organism. once we become fully functional, we must find other cells like gaia to communicate with and work as an even larger system. a fantastic thought in what others may have to offer us, and using our empathy and knowledge to help the true "others" :lol:

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
This planet is not terra firma.
It is a delicate flower and it must be cared for.
It's lonely.
It's small.
It's isolated, and there is no resupply.
And we are mistreating it.

I think this is a common misconception. Gaia, of which we are but an element, is much more than us (given that we are but an element of Gaia). Gaia will continue to exist long after we (humans) cease to exist (if such is our destiny). Gaia is huge and terrible yet loving and inclusive if we live in harmony (ie be true to our fundamental nature).

The idea that we can damage or even destroy Gaia is arrogance in the extreme IMHO. Gaia is and always will be - if we refuse to exist in harmony with Gaia, Gaia will eliminate us. I think this is what we need to understand.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Your first statement I disagreed with,

then i read the second and it humbled me extremely.

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
I don't even know where it came from but I knew it as truth even as it flowed from my finger tips. Bizarre.