Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Freezing mushroom tea

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Would this be a good way of sort of keeping a longer timemushrooms? I think I've read something on here about it being a good way of saving them for a lil' while. I was just wondering if I won't destroy the magic :)
(Reason I wanna save them is I'm kinda planning a bigger trip next sunday alone under guidance or with my friend under guidance but I might not wanna go for the whole 60g's of mushi's with the two of us :p)

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Just let it defrost, but don't heat it. Last time I found I lost a lot of goodies, doing this.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yes, you can freeze shroom tea and it will be fine.

But I have another question...

Has anyone ever tried to pickle cubensis mushrooms? Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you kind folks have pickles over in Holland? Like when you take cucumbers and let them sit in vinegar and herbs for a long time until it pickles.

Well I had some pickled and marinated mushrooms yesterday with my salad and I was thinking..."wow, if I could do this with some of my cubies, that would be fucking excellent". I much prefer to eat them fresh as opposed to dried, and I do have a bunch of them suspended in honey, but pickled cubes would be awesome. I was just wondering if oil and vinegar would turn them to mush, would it suck out all the psilocybin into the brine, or would it posibly preserve them? I'm going to try this little experiment soon and if all it does is remove the psilocybin from them, then I guess I'll just have hallucinogenic salad dressing.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Brewmaster a dit:
Yes, you can freeze shroom tea and it will be fine.

But I have another question...

Has anyone ever tried to pickle cubensis mushrooms? Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you kind folks have pickles over in Holland? Like when you take cucumbers and let them sit in vinegar and herbs for a long time until it pickles.

Well I had some pickled and marinated mushrooms yesterday with my salad and I was thinking..."wow, if I could do this with some of my cubies, that would be fucking excellent". I much prefer to eat them fresh as opposed to dried, and I do have a bunch of them suspended in honey, but pickled cubes would be awesome. I was just wondering if oil and vinegar would turn them to mush, would it suck out all the psilocybin into the brine, or would it posibly preserve them? I'm going to try this little experiment soon and if all it does is remove the psilocybin from them, then I guess I'll just have hallucinogenic salad dressing.
hehe sounds good :D Yeah we have pickles and I fucking love pickles!

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I don't know about the pickles, but I've drank the froozen shroomtea, cold like icetea. It was about a year old and it worked just fine.

The pickle-method sounds interesting !

Maybe it's time for a shroomcookbook ? Some shroomchoclate, pasta with shroomsaus shroomicecream, and Shroomtea ?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Dude, don't even get me started. I've had so many "hallucinogenic dinners" in the past year.

I've cooked mushies and cactus in more ways than you could imagine. I am going to try this pickling thing in the next few weeks though...

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Pickled Shrooms... I'm getting hungry listening to you guys :D