Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Freedom... Whirlpools

Danielise

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2010
One of the many invaluable things I've learned from tripping was that freedom is submissive. I think of it like a Chinese finger trap - to force yourself out of the toy is to reinforce the prison, while to release all tension and force allows you a means of escape, of freedom.

To further elaborate, I wrote this on my last acid trip:

When you’re stuck in the mundanities of quotidian life, it’s sometimes like you’re stuck in a whirlpool, an infinite circle that you can’t control, maybe in a more positive light, the universe around you. This consciousness that is always circling. Something uncontrollable, not necessary destiny or fate but maybe related. In a negative light, it’s the trivial things that can hinder you from a direct path, from going where you want to go and follow your dreams because you’re stuck following everyone else, you can’t break this cycle. It depends on how you look at it. The whirlpool can be a vicious cycle, destruction. Or, it can be a positive cycle, creation.

So many humans are in a vicious cycle. A pre-programmed routine and what feels like pre-programmed process of thought. Sometimes when you’re in this cycle, you question it, but you don’t feel you can escape it. Or you try to escape it by going against the grain of humanity, trying to swim backwards, not with the flow. Is trying to reverse a vicious cycle going to make it easier? No, of course not, you struggle more. Swimming against the flow of the whirlpool is like forcing your way out of a Chinese fingers trap. In order to escape one of those little traps, you have to let go. In order to escape the whirlpool, you have to find your way to the center spiritually. You have to submissively be free.

When you do spiritual activities, like meditate, practice some sort of theology perhaps, maybe using entheogens intelligently, you enter the circle. This happens for me every time I drop acid. I enter the middle of the whirlpool.

When your ego begins to die and you have learned to let go, you can re-enter the whirlpool. This time, the whirlpool IS in the other direction, naturally. If the vicious cycle had been counter-clockwise, the positive cycle is clockwise. It naturally reversed. The cycle of humanity, you can see it in a positive light. Hate and fear are counter-clockwise; unconditional love, gratitude, and appreciation is clockwise. When you’re in the negative cycle, it’s difficult to find love, that’s against the grain, you focus on the trivial things and judgments; when you’re in the positive cycle, it is difficult to hate, to place judgments without feeling terrible, without being self-reflective. In the former cycle, you saw only yourself subjectively and your peers objectively, with judgments, stereotypes, and pre-conceived notions. In the latter, you are able to see yourself objectively and others subjectively, are able to naturally place yourself in others’ shoes and realize, there might be something going on that you don’t know about.

Now you can trade in the negative perspective of the whirlpool for the positive one. The whirlpool is the universe and all consciousness, not a mundane life of work, buy, consume, die.

__

Any other theories on freedom or opinions on this one?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
word for word I agree, however I like to talk about balanceing.

I think the way we develope into society, or parallel ourselves to society is like walking a path, one side is negative, the other positive, but to stray too far into either and you fall off.

The more we meditate and consciously enhance and strengthen our ability to observe nature's beauty, both in the negative and positive, the wider and easier our path becomes, and the less likely we are to fall. The ability to see the stable, groomed path, but the intelligence and confidence to stray from it is what I'm striving to do.

And more and more each day, I see that love and anger are both beautiful, and I hope some of you agree, are a necessity to themselves. Ying and yang :roll: :D

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
I see both ways in a sense that I see balance both in balance and being unbalanced.

Its knowing when to go into the center, when to leave the center, when to flow with the current, when to go against the current and then when you get natural at all of this, change the current itself.

Thats the tricky part is reaching that next level where you influence the whirlpool as opposed to just trying to transcend it.

You know people always talk about 'the box' and pop culture has started to get into the 'think outside the box' culture even in tv comercials with the tacobell comercial 'think outside the bun'. (A think outside the box joke on thinking outside the box, very fractal)

But I believe after thinking outside the box you must move into becoming the box. You must move into being able to BE the box that others see. That you become their limitations instead of you being limited by theirs. That you are able to dictate and direct the flow of your environment both natural and supernatural by will and by direction, by knowing when to bend and when to break, when to flow with tide and when to swim up stream.

This requires a perfect understanding of LOVE in the sense of knowing precisely when and where to do what is most beneficial for all parties involved. I dont claim to have that but I know that to sit and never try to obtain it is to fail by omission.

Just my 2.1cents.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
The circle and the square
:D
yin and yang basically

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Not sure about the circle and the square reference but yeah the yin yang thing is kind of where I got that from.

I had a wierd experience in college where I was soul searching and i developed this whole deep theological/spiritual/psychological/philosophical system of beliefs. Took me a week and i really outlined it really well and then i found this book on taoism and the first 30 to 40 pages were nothing but a rewriting of what I wrote the week before lol.

I was like, well shit, I just rediscovered and entire philosophy on my own lol.

So yeah, theres a portion of me that is innately taost/zen/whatever that sometimes comes out naturally.

Creeped me out the first time, now im just used to discovering stuff on my own and finding out some great theologin or whatever already thought it lol.