Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Fox defecting towards legalization

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009

Check out actor and anti-marijuana activist Stephen Baldwin, Fox news analyst / former California prosecutor Kimberly Guilfoyle, president of Oaksterdam University Richard Lee, and Fox host Geraldo Rivera discussing the perceived dangers and merits of marijuana legalization.

I was a bit taken aback by this one. It's a bit of a weird experience to see a Fox host bringing forward the best arguments in a legalization discussion. And the first 4 minutes of the video before the discussion starts actually give a pretty balanced view of the situation, considering it's Fox, that is.

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Interesting.. baldwin tries to make a "protect the children" point but there really isn't much to it. He just doesn't seem to understand that it's already easier for any kid to buy pot than cigarettes or alcohol. Great to see these debates happening anyway.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Wow, did I read that correctly? Fox News had a balanced discussion about Marijuana legalization?!

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
Alright.. Let's hope something good comes out of this. I don't really know what the situation is in America but it seems theres a big change happening here?

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
Wow, this is a quite positive.
The arguments of Baldwin clearly aren't going anywhere.
I like the way the guy in the middle defends legalization and regulation.

Basho

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Mar 2009
We are taking baby steps, but it is leaps and bounds compared to the progress made in recent decades. 13 states now recognize cannabis as legitimate medicine, with many more states currently debating it's merits. Recently, New Mexico became the first state to even consider state supervised cultivation and distribution of medicinal cannabis. Sadly, nationwide legalization realistically won't be an option here for another decade or two. Too many people still have that reefer madness mentality and are frighteningly close-minded.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Boy, I didn't see this one coming.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
WTF!? :shock:

W T F

*LOL, why would you write your name 100 times if you've smoked 3 joints in an hour?
BTW: that would be ABuse, which also occurs by people using alcohol (or any other drug for that matter)

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Yes, I saw that too.....

This seems to be the expression of a new phenomenon in modern politics, that of the return to real constitutional conservatism.....most people these days do not know that the term 'conservative', as colloquially used in modern context here in America, has a completely different meaning than the same word used in 1776............

Certain factions within the government have warped the Republican party into a modern authoritarian 'Big Brother' party, abandoning the concept of minimalism in government that was at the core of the original beliefs in exchange for a ' Let's police the entire WORLD' mentality, which led to big problems, all historically documented, at this point.

Now, after a good, solid 8 year fist-fuck at the hands of the Bush administration, even some of the denser American people begin to realize that the neo-cons were not going to provide a better world at all.....

The only real answer for those guys is to ally themselves with the original meaning and principles of the Constitution, and return to their Libertarian roots, only then can they be successful once more.

I believe this is what we will see in the years to come, because there really is no other way for them to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again.

As to Geraldo........When I was younger, Geraldo had hair as long as a rock star and wore an Army jacket everywhere. He was a hippie, and I am sure he's no stranger to the ganja.

I'd like to see him and Bill O'reilly and Glen Beck smoke a joint together.

Theodorn

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Mar 2006
Wouah "je suis sur le cul" like we say in French.

Too bad it only lasts 10 minutes, it's too short to have a real debate but still, this on Fox News, it's a piece of hope.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Stephen Baldwin is an idiot.

" Protect the kids " he says.......

sure, Mr. Baldwin........they need to be protected from that evil weed. It makes you see THINGS THAT AREN'T THERE..........and eat lots of Doritos....

......you might even HAVE AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT

OR GOD FORBID, go to sleep in THE DAYTIME.

He's just an example of someone who is culture-bound.....you know, if these guys would just quit spouting their ignorant-ass opinions everywhere, this would already be a non-issue.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
He does look kinda stoned in almost every picture you can find of him :lol:

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
He does look kinda stoned in almost every picture you can find of him :lol:
yea but he also looks like a dipshit in every photo you can find of him

ManDrugMachine

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mai 2009
Stephen unfortunately did not make good on this promise:

As a political conservative, he was a public supporter of the McCain-Palin presidential ticket for 2008, after Mike Huckabee dropped out of the presidential race. Baldwin pledged he would leave America ... should Barack Obama win the Presidency.

He did, though, honor this one:

He has a tattoo on his left shoulder of the initials "HM" for Hannah Montana. His daughters are fans of Hannah Montana, and he got the tattoo after making a pact with Miley Cyrus that he would be allowed to cameo on the show if he had the initials tattooed on him. He revealed the tattoo to Miley at a book signing in Nashville, Tennessee, on November 10, 2008.

Hmmm... I don't get it. He wants to "protect the children", yet he lets his daughters watch Hannah Montana???

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
It probably got too much attention for their liking...