Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Forum software update - testing phase

• Auteur de la discussion Administrator
  • Date de début
A

Administrator

Invité
Updating the forum software from PHPBB 2 to version 3 is something we were planning on for some time, but time and funds didn't allow us to.

The update is now well underway, and we have a version ready for testing. However, we need your feedback and help to look for bugs and point out possible improvements.

The temporary site is located at http://psychonaut.1200wd.com/

Please note that:

- The home page will undergo some more cosmetical changes before the re-launch takes place.

- The temporary test forum uses a database from a few months ago. As soon as we migrate the forum to the final version all current topics and data will remain intact. You will not have to re-register.

- Avatar images and smileys do not work yet. We are aware of this. This will be fixed in the final version.

Please report bugs you find and give us your opinion on this new version of the board. It includes a bunch of exciting features that we believe greatly improve the user experience. If all goes well, the new site should be online within a week. Updates will be posted here.

*update 11-5: we will update the board software and import the latest database on monday November 9. Expect the forum to be down for a few hours.

*update 11-9: software sucessfully updated. Should you encounter bugs please keep reporting them in this topic. Thanks!

*update 12-9: some of the new features and changes are mentioned in this topic.

- Psychonaut Team

Space-is-the-Place

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
think this is going to be pretty cool!
Haven't found any bugs yet, but I'll go play and try-out some stuff ;)

*sigh*
i'm so happy atm

a found something: if you click on a photo from the psychonaut flickr stream it goes to flickr instead of opening new tab/window

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
found something: if you click on a photo from the psychonaut flickr stream it goes to flickr instead of opening new tab/window

Thanks, that's easy to fix... :)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
looks great so far!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
a found something: if you click on a photo from the psychonaut flickr stream it goes to flickr instead of opening new tab/window

Not only with flickr, any link opens in the same window, while it should open in a new tab.

G

Invité
Someone mentionned that the link "Return to (whatever the previous page was)" should be on top of the page as well as at the bottom of it.

I'm not sure I'm making myself clear?

Oh, and having an advertisement right after each first post of every topics sucks. Way too intrusive.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
this is FANTASTIC. i can't believe its actually happening! i think it's been overdue for a while now, but glad to see that we have the resources to make shit happen when we need it. THANKS GUYS! ill be playing with the test site, so ill definitely let you know if i find some bugs crawling around :D

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Yes, this is definably where we where waiting for. I am going to test it further, this evening! :)

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Thank you all for your feedback and positive respons :D

We worked hard today to get things ready and just uploaded a new version to the test-website. The design of the frontpage is more-or-less done and a lot of bugs are fixed, although we still have to fix the link-problem bug.

If no unexpected things happen, we are ready to switch to monday morning.

Please tell us if you find any bugs or have any other ideas!

tnx

acidtv

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Avr 2009
About the links not opening in new tabs is really a matter of taste. For example, I don't expect (or like) links to open in a new tab unless I Ctrl+Click them.

Oh well :)

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
Well so far I think the new setup looks fantastic and very convenient!

the only suggestions I have so far are like (as mentioned before) about the ad after every first post. I dont mind ad's so much, but that placement is distracting, if we could get it ABOVE the first post, the flow of the forum is consistent and still get ad's in there.

Also having the user picture/name on the right as compared to the left seems a bit weird to me, I'm not too used to it and it looks ...uncomfortable.... but that is probably just because I'm not used to it at all!
idk if its just me adjusting or if it really looked better before, I guess everyone else can give imput with that.

but really, great job and thank you psychonaut team! :)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
the only suggestions I have so far are like (as mentioned before) about the ad after every first post. I dont mind ad's so much, but that placement is distracting, if we could get it ABOVE the first post, the flow of the forum is consistent and still get ad's in there.

Yes, that's something that is annoying ;)

I am starting to like the design of the frontpage, but is there a way to have the menu at the same place in header, like the current version has? The menu still looks a bit weird to me :)

Anyway, you guys already did a great job! Thanx for that! :)

G

Invité
mysticwarrior a dit:

Yes, that's something that is annoying ;)

Yeah, that's a good idea :D

Oh, btw, I take the "No post exists for this thread" error has dissapeared?

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Yeahy, first post on the new forum!
It's not really mobile phone friendly though, it looks larger than the old forum on my small screen, lol.
It looks great!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
If you click on a topic on the front page, it doesn't always start at the first post. Check out the links on the active topics and you will see the suffix ?start=xxx, where xxx <> 0. Moreover, in the topic itself, you don't even see the first xxx-1 posts and can only navigate to them by changing the webaddress.

It should start at 0. Or the posts since last visit link should direct you to the latest post, while giving you the option to navigate back if you want to reconstruct a discussion...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
One of the things I would like to see is the titles of the page in reversed order. If I have multiple tabs/windows open, each one says Psychonaut Community instead of the title of the topic first.

So.... "Forum software update - testing phase - Psychonaut Community" instead of "Psychonaut Community - Forum software updat - testing phase"

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
One of the things I would like to see is the titl
second that!

and the logo isn't next to the url, with the bookmark and in the tab window (small design thing, not THAT important)

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
wow lots of new options! drafts! youtube tags! :)

--i agree on the topic titles with fork.
--the avatars to the right thing confuses me a bit but i know that if it's doesn't get changed i'll get accustomed to it.
--the favicon is gone!
--we have a scanty 19kB for avatars....