Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Food / Drugs

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
The discussion in the dutch section brought me to something i asked myself once.
( http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... 00&lang=en )

I asked myself, during a shroom-trip, why does such a small piece of a mushroom affect me so much. While the rest of the things I eat do not influence me at all, or just a tiny tiny bit.
Why doesn't bread make me trip? (I asked my fellow-tripper.)

Does that what we eat regularly just happen to be from that segment of the flora and fauna that does not influence our state of mind? Or does it, but we are so used to it that we don't notice it anymore. And if that's the case; What if shrooms would be part of our regular diet?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Food more or less keeps us down to earth in my opinion, that's one of the reasons why shrooms work best on an empty stomach... It's mostly the sugars that take care of this.
If shrooms would be a regular part of our diet, I wouldn't know. Society would be strange, though, with people trippin' all the time. No wars, though...

GerbyQ

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2005
do you eat to life, or life to eat. I often life to eat, I love sitting round a table with friends and enjoy food. We life in a tobacco, red meat, sugar and alcohol society, these foods and substances influence us. They make us docile, aggressive, empower our ego. In combination with our education and media it makes sure we remain this way, and it makes sure we don’t go think for ourselves.

If we would take shrooms everyday, I think first of all your body/brain would build a sort of resistance to this drug that will dramatically reduce the affect. And second we would or all become that person that lives alone in a little house miles away from “normal

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Cyproxicus a dit:
I asked myself, during a shroom-trip, why does such a small piece of a mushroom affect me so much. While the rest of the things I eat do not influence me at all, or just a tiny tiny bit.
Why doesn't bread make me trip? (I asked my fellow-tripper.)
Uhm, thats quite simple. Bread dont contains hallicunating inducing substances, and shrooms do (psylocybine).

Cyproxicus a dit:
What if shrooms would be part of our regular diet?
Last mushroom trip I brainstormed with a similair idea: ''if the whole world whould experience this.. the world will be much more peacefull, much fuller of understanding (of eachother), much more a better place to live..''

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
Mendel a dit:
Uhm, thats quite simple. Bread dont contains hallicunating inducing substances, and shrooms do (psylocybine).

Yes, I understand that. But I don't mean hallucination in particular. I mean, a few grams of shrooms take me to another world. A Red Bull keeps me awake. What about the rest of our/my diet. Isn't everything we eat in a way a drug ?! If so, how come we dont notice it?
Couldn't it be that, for instance, cheese in a way makes u feel (.. you name it..). But cheese has become so standard, that we don't notice the way it affects us.

I heard eating turkey makes u sleepy, that explains the 'wanna lay down and watch tv'-feeling after dinner @ christmas. (I wouldn't know, I never ate turkey on X-mas)
I suppose something like that accounts for a lot of product we eat regularly.

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Cyproxicus a dit:
Mendel a dit:

Yes, I understand that. But I don't mean hallucination in particular. I mean, a few grams of shrooms take me to another world. A Red Bull keeps me awake. What about the rest of our/my diet. Isn't everything we eat in a way a drug ?! If so, how come we dont notice it?
Couldn't it be that, for instance, cheese in a way makes u feel (.. you name it..). But cheese has become so standard, that we don't notice the way it affects us.

I heard eating turkey makes u sleepy, that explains the 'wanna lay down and watch tv'-feeling after dinner @ christmas. (I wouldn't know, I never ate turkey on X-mas)
I suppose something like that accounts for a lot of product we eat regularly.

Off course, EVERYTHING we eat influence our way of beeing. I dont believe directly we build up a kind of resistance for our 'normal' food. Its just that some food have a stronger influence on us than other.
T urkey, just like milk, contains tryptophane. In our body its changed intop serotonine and melatonine. Melatonine is one of the main hormones regulating sleep. Besides that, when you eated a lot your body wants to rest to consume all the food (energy goes to the stomach atc, in stead of our muscles to run around and be active). :)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
hehe thats an interesting contemplation :p
but it also depends on how much u eat of something
for instance I know that when I eat a lot of sugar containing food I feel drugged..
maybe if I ate a lot of cheese it would be a sort like feeling u know
its not like u eat 1kg of cheese on ur bread but the concentration of whatever is all in cheese and the way it affects u is just much lower
but u do eat 35 grams of mushrooms which has a much higher concentration of in this case psylobine which u know the effect of so I dont have to explain that :)
if people eat a lot of fast food they're thinking and behavior in long term is also affected
but u hardly notice it yourself or notice other people behave differently because u don't know any better
u grew up with all these things "it speaks for itself"
u just dont know any better

this is for the moment my opinion about this "I think" hehe
I will ponder about this again in my next shroom trip

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
People can get addicted to food because fat and sugar and salt have an influence on your feelings. People who don't have enough to eat might literally kill for food...

In the meantime I even believe that the hindus are right not to eat meat and that there is a real spiritual cause why muslims don't eat pigs (the spiritual cause might be lost or unexplicable, but I guess it was there in the beginning)
I had never in my life had the feeling that eating meat was bad. I had been eating burgers daily until suddenly, like out of nowhere, last year on a really strong shroom trip I was looking right into the eyes of a pig and I knew it was not good that I kill and eat this animal (and other animals, but it seemed to be especially pigs). Since then I've hardly had any meat at all - and when I had I tried to be very conscious about what kind of meat it was, what animal it might have come from and I tried to be more humble and thankful about it.

Some people claim eating meat from tortured animals can make you feel bad. I haven't really noticed that in everyday life, but I sure did notice on the trip I mentioned (I was lying down flat on the floor begging the world for forgiveness of my sins, one of them being the meat thing...)

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
Fascinating theory.. putting unhappy products in ur body makes u unhappy.

Reminds me of a friend of mine: He said he's gonna buy a cactus, and talk to it during its growth. He theorised that it would benefit his trip when he consumed the cactus. Because there would be a lot of attention and happy thoughts stored inside that plant.