Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

First time Amanita

Kingetjuh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2007
Hi all,

This weekend i want to try the Amanita. I've read all kind of articles about it and they all have some kind of "scary" and "watch out!" tone in the article.

I have experience with mushrooms, done it > 10 times now but i'm not sure about the Amanita. I do have a (experienced, but not with Amanita) friend available to sit while i trip.

Are there some sober indications of what to expect? I do realize that it's quite different than "normal" shrooms so i'm excited about the comments!

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
People who know their stuff keep telling me Amanita is poison and not nice at all (long term effects bad for you? Not sure about that but it has been suggested). Also, the effect is very unpredictable they say. More so, if you want to experience full effects, you have to drink your own piss. Furtermore, the effects seem to be reliant on the place where it grew, sometimes even to the extend where this tree yields 'bad' amanita and the three 5 meters ahead, yields 'good' amanita.

I also find it very hard to find good trip reports about amanita. Psilocybin does more or less the same thing for different people, amanita seems quite unpredictable. Of the people I spoke with, 4 out of 5 experienced nothing to some vague nauasea, the only 1 that claimed to have had an experience was so trivial that we (he agreed), had to put it on the conto of placebo.

Sorry if this comes across negative, I've been asking the same questions you just did and I came to the conclusion (without ever taking it), that amanita doesnt come close at all to the magnific dimensions psilocybin opens up. Its a wonderful mushroom with a cool symbolism but as mindfood, I would leave it alone.

Ofcourse this is personal opinion not backed up by personal experience so by all means, ignore it ;)

Kingetjuh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2007
I've read that a beginner (like me) should start with a very small dose, 1 cap to be exact, to see if it has an (good) effect on you (if there is any effect at all).

I often read that you get the feeling of beeing drunk.. Can anyone confirm that one by experience?
And what about the poisoness of the Amanita?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I used it 2 or 3 times many years ago and I didn't like it. "Drunk" is a perfect description; sick, dizzy and confused would also fit well in there. I never cooked them as is suggested nowadays, and just ate them raw. The first one or two times, I didn't get any real psychedelic effect so the last time I think I doubled the dose and ended up feeling like I had been poisoned. No visuals, no euphoria, no ridiculous laughing just terrible stomach pains and a few auditory hallucinations..

I took them under the advice of a good friend who still swears by them. Now I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms in general but compared to psilocybes; amanitas suck. That's just my two cents.

Kingetjuh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2007
But brewmaster, why does your friend swear by the Amanita? Does he get the experience you should have? Then so, what does he do to get that experience?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
It's probably because he's used them so many times and has come to enjoy that feeling of total confusion. He also lives in Washington state and finds them growing all over; he tells me that any that I find on my side of the country are no good. The ones I ate were always picked by him from local birch forests.

I've had high dose trips on shrooms and lsd where I felt like I had become one with the universe (ego loss); I had completely lost any identity of "self". These were good times in the end.

With amanita it was more like I simply forgot who I was, what I was doing, where I was going, or why I felt so dizzy. It was very scary because I felt like I had complete amnesia. When I told my friend how they affected me when it was over; his response was most likely something like "Yeah, isn't it cool?"

He doesn't do anything special to get a good trip out of them. In fact, a couple years later I told him that cooking them supposedly makes the trip better by converting muscimol to psilocin (er sumthin'. I don't really remember) but he still eats them raw. He also will only eat them alone.....which probably aint the best idea. I don't know how this cat has never ended up in jail or a hospital. :lol:

I don't care for them but I know a lot of people who do. And like Heart said, they vary greatly in potency so start low. Report back with details.

Kingetjuh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2007
Okay, i understand.
So most people do not get the full experience of the Amanita and it's more confusion then joy. Where some people tend to enjoy confusion :)

Does anybody know anyone who has the 'intended' experience with Amanita? And what he or she did to came to that state?

G

Invité
I like smoking them.
Brings you a nice dreamy, meditative like state...
I never ate them though... Psilo's are my favorite and reading about the experiences with eaten amanita, I'm not really interested.

But good luck!

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
after seeing this video I became actually interested in amanitas, it seems there is more to it.

craigy2oo6

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
this must be 1 of the most overated shroom there is well goin by my first time on them me and my bro bought 47.5 grams of supposedly washigton grade A well thats what they told us we toke half each sat there for hours wating on somthing to happen yep and nothing did what a waste of 50 bucks gutted man we bought them of the net so i dont know if that was a factor cause theres diffrent grades A B C so on to any 1 whos gonna try the fly agric dont buy ofher the net waste of money :x :D

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Never tried it, and not interested yet. But this site seems to have enough information.

http://www.jamesarthur.net/recipe.html

"Your body prepares the chemicals and separates them into your urine sop you can safely re-ingest them in a more potent state. You don't need to but you will need to consume more mushrooms if you don't and the mushrooms contain more of the Ibotenic acid which causes the uncomfortable and less desirable physical effects (sweating/nausea) whereas your body converts the Ibotenic acid to Muscimol which is that which produces the desirable effects. So if you can get over that old conditioning you will be the higher for it."

"Dry them first (Decarboxylation) crush or shred into powder or small pieces. (Coffee grinders work quite well for powdering the dried mushrooms)."

So drying first, then cooking then drinking your urine is needed a for the desirable experience.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I've had my fair share of smoking them quite often lately. Like Space said, it makes the ganja a lot deeper.

Eaten it 3 times the last couple of months. The last time, 3 weeks ago, I really began noticing the effects more distinctly. In the beginning I felt drowsy and drunken like, 2 hours later I was in a delirium. Very weird and irrational thoughts, slightly splitting body and mind. Not the best experience ever. This was on 8 gram dried, A quality.

The delirium is definately tripping, but not as wonderful and profound like LSD, shrooms, etc.

I am too wasted to type anymore, if I remember, I will post some more experiences tomorrow.