Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Favorite of the three common Echinopsis (Trichocereus)?

Psiconautico

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Sept 2009
I am new to cacti and am considering starting a garden. Of Echinopsis lageniformis (Trichocereus bridgesii), San Pedro, and Peruvian Torch which are the best growers? Which are the most psychoactive? Any techniques for increasing the alkaloids? I know that we are supposed to educate ourselves and do our research' but so far I have taken away nothing but mixed almost anecdotal information concerning these three, which leads me suspect that they are so similar in growing and content that the difference is nothing more than a triviality.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
To be honest if it's not a williamsii, it's a crap shoot. Even then, it's hard enough to tell a diffusa from a williamsii for most.

Here's the way I see it, and by no means is it the end all be all. Trade-offs:
San Pedro is easier to obtain typically. It also varies more often in strength, in my experience mild to extreme. It's hassle free grow, and is speedy.
Peruvian Torch... IF, and only IF it's a real one (not crappy knock-offs and there are tons for both), then typically it will be stronger. It's also a faster grower IMO.
Terscheckii: Heard a few varying reports. Honestly never tried. I don't really see what the fuss is about.

Personal favorite (maybe due to what's available to me): San Pedro if you can't get ahold of a Williamsii.

Disclosure: Mind you there are also variations of all of the above including Juul's Giant, KK242, etc.

Finally, I know it's tough out there, but honestly if you just can't find anything, there's always the obvious:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti.shtml

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
If you're starting a garden maybe you should consider buying all three and doing some comparative research on your own.

Mescaline production is augmented in time of drought and stress, so stressing the plant before use would increase mescaline content (but will repress growth). Also putting it in the freezer before use; to break cell walls helps making more alkaloids available since cellulose can't be broken down by humans.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Or for the really adventurous, serotonin shots into the bottom of the plant (near the crown) a few weeks prior to consuming :D