Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Extreme dose = truly another world?

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Is there such a thing as true hallucinations, or a knock off to real another dimension (as with DMT) if one ingests 2000 mics of acid or 40 grams of shrooms?

Not planning anything like that, just wondering.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I think drugless has some experience with this. I have experienced far out worlds in my mind, as in being in the different state of mind, the mental part of my existence not the physical part. One of my San Pedro experiences, I seen the world as I have never seen it before. The world looked the same but totally different. I was viewing in it a different state of consciousness. But as far as higher doses go I cannot comment because I have never went that deep. One day....

peace & love

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive taken 1000 (100g equivalent) shrooms and gone to the pub. i didnt know what was going on, but i wasnt in another world

its maybe possible on acid. the closest ive been was 400+ mic LSD. there was very little reality left. outside in the dark i was in a vietnam war movie, all phosphorus explosions etc but later laying on my bed i kept slipping into another world all together.
reality would dissapear and i was looking up at, well, aztec giants walking about doing whatever they do. the landscape was surreal, aztec themed but seemingly solid and real also, apart from everything being brightly colored. it all seemed pretty convincing at the time.
it was a lot like when Homer Simpson ate the Insanity Pepper.
that was the best time ive ever had on acid.

it was also a shared experience. my friend was describing exactly what i was seeing at the same time
i would repeat that any time.

now would be good

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Brugmansia a dit:
Is there such a thing as true hallucinations, or a knock off to real another dimension (as with DMT) if one ingests 2000 mics of acid or 40 grams of shrooms?
All you need is total darkness, possibly silence, perhaps a floatation tank filled with some warm salty water, and a regular or high dose of mushrooms. Unless you involve some sort of sensory deprivation, it will be difficult "seeing" that other world, regardless of the dose.

But in your question you're assuming there is a "real other dimension". It's better to not think in therms of "real" and "unreal", but "realisitic, with sharp outlines" versus "a foggy blur". When you deprive the senses of external stimulation, relax your body/mind, and ingest a potent entheogen, you will 'see' realistic, coherent imagery, possibly involving buildings and beings. Call it "another world" or "other dimension" if you will, all we know is that it looks far out, and that we all experience it differently. It doesn't have to be real, just like what we experience in dreams doesn't have to be real in order to be refreshing or healing to the psyche.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
ah i wish i had one of those tanks.

Ketter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2008
Unless you involve some sort of sensory deprivation, it will be difficult "seeing" that other world, regardless of the dose.

Darkened room and reasonable silence and a big dose is enough for me to fully be there. I've never experienced any difficulties seeing that world once I got down my personal perfect dose and stuck with that. I could see the benefit of a sensory deprivation tank to avoid neighbour noises ending up in your trip though.

In my experience the name of the mushroom game is to build up higher doses until you get comfortable with the full psilocybin effects (which won't manifest with under 50 grams doses in general). When I do it, I take between 80 and 100 grams fresh, having experienced over the years with doses between 30 to 140 grams fresh. 80-100 grams always deliver the experience I need/wants/lookfor and are visually profoundly impressive.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Cactus seems to be made for it, I had seen the world of dreams in 2D, forgot about this one after 2 hours of meditation, in a disconnected setting from external incoming signals. (As always) Though, the awareness of my head and body was still clearly present. I'm firmly convinced that a 3D world with no boundries, exists behind the deepest fields. But much potent material is required.

I experience acid as the most 'upper surface' psychedelic of all, 4 drops were mindblowing, but relatively it was all in this world.

Mushrooms seem to be the possibility after cactus, they share they same ancient spirit. I had the feeling that at some point it was possible to teleport, but my reaction to them is so tense that I couldn't lose contraction. And it's exactly what holds me here, everytime my hands and legs have found their rest. Another flow yet again increases breaths of distrust.

Possibily because I have done impulsive intakes of them in the past. All I want is working on a relationship with mutual respect and it was I who didn't gave them them the full credits untill 1 year ago. They have taken my breath at some points to put my eyes on their identity. But within my deepest stomach bottom I'd love to fly with them just as cactus. I'm working on it to show them my regrets, at first I thought that just taking more would make them forget this. But they know that's manipulating, there's space to restore connection, their forgiveness is enormous. I should just interact with them honestly for what they are worth, and that's a whole lot.

Acid doesn't have this condition, and it's easy because taking it and not looking after the acid itself, still can give someone the experience he is looking for.

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
It really depends on your definition of "another world". I've been in states of mind different enough that the "real" world was a truly different place, and I've also been "nowhere" (there really wasn't any other concept than the song I was listening to in that somewhat triangular headspace).

Sensory deprivation and meditation are great to enhance a trip, since being disconnected to outside stimuli makes visiting other worlds easier.
But for those who can't afford a sensory deprivation tank and don't want to practice meditation for weeks, try sensory overload instead. You need:

-a ping-pong ball
-a comfortable surface
-a radio
-a red lightbulb

Cut the ping-pong ball in half, let it sit for a while (until it doesn't smell of ping-pong ball). Put the red lightbulb in a lamp (and turn off all other sources of light), tune the radio to recieve static (at a comfortable volume), and lie down on comfortable surface with ping-pong ball half over the eyes.
The only sensory input is repetitve and bland, and ends up being ignored, so you're basically disconnected from reality. I don't know how a stroboscope instead of the red light would modify the experience, but it'd be interesting to try.

thrashpsychonaut

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Sept 2008
Surprisingly enough, I've entered this on LSA. In reality I was in a secure house, in my mind I had entered jungles, rainforests, deserts, and had travelled the world. My friends got it on video tape. I rewatched myself and all I was doing was walking around the house feeling the walls. They were talking to me asking if I was okay, but I didn't respond, as if I heard nothing. I don't remember hearing or seeing anyone along my journey.

OBE's seem to almost take you out of this world but it's different. 2c-e has made me forget where I am.

Mescaline, LSD, mushrooms, MDA/MDMA, and ketamine really blew my mind and took me into another dimension, but I was laying on the floor during that time. Once the ketamine wore off, I was just trippin really hard and hallucinating.