Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Exercise

GreenPalien

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Just wondering, how many of you here do regular exercise? To be precise and narrowing down my post, how often do you do exercise? Daily, weekly, monthly or not at all? And what kind of exercise do you do? Do you go to gym or just do exercise at your own home? Do you enjoying doing exercise or just do it to keep yourself fit and healthy? If you do the exercise, then what time of the day it is, usually?
Discuss !
:p

M

Morton

Invité
This is best way for the fitness point of view that exercise by which most of our hidden disease can be absolutely eradicate d.So our morning walk is also to be considerable slight exercise which gives a lot benefits to the body.Therefore it must be daily and fit in the daily schedule.

H

hanrry

Invité
No doubt exercises have plenty of benefits to our body and fitness.We should engage ourselves in some kind of physical activities,games,workouts etc.Exercise maintain and conduct our body in proper and healthy way in which everyone want to watch.Health and fitness is desire by every human being.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i do. i do muay thai and boxing. i go to the gym regularly, usually around noon because that's when the morning class is. there are several evening classes as well, but i generally prefer to do my intense cardio in the morning.

aside from that, i rock climb and skateboard. i have been skating for about 10 years and have no intention of stopping.

i also do balancing exercises like slacklining, yoga ball balancing, endo board, etc, as they are a perfect warm up for most other activities and are not hard on the body, unless you bust your ass. :lol:

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I started running a few weeks ago. got myself a pair of vibram fivefingers, since I detest running shoes. in retrospect I think the shoes might have been the reason I hated running so much as a child. now I go every 2-3 days, for about half an hour - sometimes more sometimes less. it is fun and enjoyable. I started out because I thought that I want to loose weight, but the enjoyment of it took over.

sometimes I go rockclimbing, and every now and then I do some yoga.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
yeah running kind of ebbs and flows through my life. sometimes im all about it and will run every day, other times i hardly ever run. that said it's still one of the most peaceful and enjoyable exercises in my opinion (once you get into it)

GreenPalien

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
ophiuchus a dit:
i do. i do muay thai and boxing. i go to the gym regularly, usually around noon because that's when the morning class is. there are several evening classes as well, but i generally prefer to do my intense cardio in the morning.

aside from that, i rock climb and skateboard. i have been skating for about 10 years and have no intention of stopping.

i also do balancing exercises like slacklining, yoga ball balancing, endo board, etc, as they are a perfect warm up for most other activities and are not hard on the body, unless you bust your ass. :lol:

Well OMG
You do such intense exercises throughout the day. How do you take the time out of your schedule? Isn't it difficult to indulge into so many different forms of exercises at the same time? Do you take some special kind of diet daily?
I salute you for doing all this really!
:)

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
ararat a dit:
I started running a few weeks ago. got myself a pair of vibram fivefingers, since I detest running shoes. in retrospect I think the shoes might have been the reason I hated running so much as a child. now I go every 2-3 days, for about half an hour - sometimes more sometimes less. it is fun and enjoyable. I started out because I thought that I want to loose weight, but the enjoyment of it took over.

sometimes I go rockclimbing, and every now and then I do some yoga.

OK... I have been really curious about these five fingers. Are they really more comfortable? What is the benefit to using them over normal sneakers? You'll have to forgive me here but I don't go jogging or anything, but the only time I wore "toed" shoes was my ninjitsu footies but those only had a two toe separation.

Back to the question, I do try and exercise regularly, however, sometimes the schedule does get in the way.. I tend to do "prison style" workouts while I'm working. You know a couple of pushups and situps here and there, and some weight lifting. I need to get back into the martial arts, however I still have yet to find a good dojo where I am.

I want the whole package, meditation and self defense.. I'm not into these places that are all one sided. As I believe to truly master the art and get the full health benefits, one needs both aspects. A sound body is only part, you need to be sound in mind and soul as well.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
so far I find them moderately comfortable - they are not uncomfortable but not too comfortable either. the benefit is that with these shoes you can run more as if you were barefoot - which is, obviously, how our species used to run. if you start running barefoot you will notice that you don't crash onto the floor with your heels, but with the front part of your foot, which is way less stress for your knees and spine etc. very important for me.
with normal shoes you have to force yourself to not touch down with your heels - with barefoot it is the other way round.
I'd prefer not to use any shoes - but if you run on the street it is very harsh on the skin, and in the woods not all the sticks hurt as much.

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
I did power yoga for two years after which I started weight training with a personal trainer at a gym around 5 months back. I learned all the forms of the exercise at the gym and then quit it to create my own gym at my place with compound barbell training. I usually have a spotter whenever i work out and my equipment consists of a bench, barbell, dumbbells, weights and a power cage. I'm gonna throw in two days of cardio along with my 3 day weight training during the week now. My weight training sessions are around 1hr 20min per day. My goal is to get larger and have that fitness model look (not the skinny underwear model) along with keeping my entire system and mind healthy

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
ararat a dit:
so far I find them moderately comfortable - they are not uncomfortable but not too comfortable either. the benefit is that with these shoes you can run more as if you were barefoot - which is, obviously, how our species used to run. if you start running barefoot you will notice that you don't crash onto the floor with your heels, but with the front part of your foot, which is way less stress for your knees and spine etc. very important for me.
with normal shoes you have to force yourself to not touch down with your heels - with barefoot it is the other way round.
I'd prefer not to use any shoes - but if you run on the street it is very harsh on the skin, and in the woods not all the sticks hurt as much.

I was always curious about that. Never realized they were designed so that the when you run you don't crash down with the heels. One place you can go running barefoot and it is quite the workout is on the beach, especially if the sand is uneven. It doesn't seem like it, but when you run on the sand if actually works all the muscles in your body to keep stability going. I went jogging on the sidewalk next to the beach, went about a kilometer and decided to do the kilometer back, a lot more tiring, and you could really "feel the burn" and the difference it made running on the sand.

beefcharcoal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2012
At the moment I dont do any exercise. But I'm starting kickboxing classes next in 2 weeks time and I'm going to start running more regularly!

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
beefcharcoal a dit:
At the moment I dont do any exercise. But I'm starting kickboxing classes next in 2 weeks time and I'm going to start running more regularly!

You want a workout you should go for ninjitsu or jujitsu if you can. It's brutal.

Kickboxing is good for Cardio too though :) You know what else? That Brazilian dance/fighting style.

M

Monsieur Mouette

Invité
Exer-what ?

Nah, forget it. Just trollin' :ninja:

:mrgreen:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
forgive me, i've been away for a while...

to green palien: thank you! if it is something that one truely finds important, then one will always find the time for it...

had the opportunity to visit the beach recently, did some barefoot beach running while i was there, and WOW! good stuff. one thing i noticed is that i began to have pain on the outside of my knees later in the evenings. i determined that my IT bands were being overworked, so i took extra time to stretch them out during my stretching routine afterwards, and that helped immensely and the pain went away entirely. that's one thing to be mindful of with BF running, it works entirely diff muscle groups, so one must really go the extra mile and stretch properly to avoid injury.

i've been doing a fair amount of BF running lately in fact. i generally just run a lap at my local park. there is an asphalt trail there, but i simply run on the grass right next to it, and have no problems. the first day i started though i overdid it and made huge blisters on the bottom of my feet. so definitely ease into it, as i only made it about 1/4 mile the first time...

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
Monsieur Mouette a dit:
Exer-what ?

Nah, forget it. Just trollin' :ninja:

:mrgreen:

They see me trollin' and Tokin' always smokin, trying to catch me postin dirty...... LOL

That could be an awesome parody song, thanks for the idea... I'm go out and make a million bucks with it now :D

N

Norris

Invité
Exercise is essential part of my fitness routine. I give 30 to 45 min daily before break fast. Running, walking are my favorite fitness practices. Exercise lowers your body fats and dramatically improves muscle tone.

Amos

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Déc 2012
I agree that eating the right food with rich nutrition and exercising regularly makes the body healthy, It also keeps the mind fresh and gives great confidence, The eating right food deserves the healthier body and allows you to be independent....

A

austin432

Invité
Exercise is very important role to our health and our body, it is maintain your body and you looking perfect and fit, the best exercises i think gym, running, swimming and cycling are very good for our health and our body, i also regular exercise go to the gym and my body and my health is always perfect and fit.

Mrboxey

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Nov 2012
OK Amos, you are all over the map here kid... First you say in another thread there is very little the body actually NEEDS, and here you are saying that right food rich in nutrition is necessary with exercise? At least be consistent man!

YES, exercise is essential, especially if you want to keep regular, and as we all know, if you are taking opiates you tend to get bunged up, and if you get bunged up, it doesn't help if you don't exercise... Having a crap only once to twice a week isn't really healthy, so get lots of exercise to help keep the old bowels moving, especially if you are on opiates...