Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Enlightenment awakening and ego death.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Because the terms enligthenment awakening and ego death are misleading to people, i decided to open up this thread.
I will put out my take on it, feel free to join, in this mental wordgame ;)

I do not only think enligthenment and awakening are misleading, i also do not believe in enligthenment and awakening.
You are already awakenend and enligthenend, you may not know it (yet). What is called enligthenment or awakening is (i think) the realisation of the fact you are awake and enligthened and most important of all alive. Enligthenment or awakening is not like putting on a switch (and now you are awake). It is rather like a process. Not a linear process where you need to reach a point called enligthenment, but rather a cyclical process. It,s the process of getting the know who you are.

EGO DEATH
The term ego as we use it today is a ralatively modern concept. It was made up by the psychoanalysist. Freud can be considerd the founder of psycho anal ysis (psychoanalysis) and he came up with the term ego as we use it today. Before Freud the meaning of the word ego was like the Englisch word I or the Dutch word Ik, in german Ich (the Rastafari say I and I )

Psychoanalysis as the name implies is the analysis of the psyche. The breaking down the psyche in parts.
Freud and the psychoanalysist came with all kinds of terms labels and names to divide the psyche into a system.
They came up with terms such as ego, id, superego, subconsious,unconsious.

people got this idea in there head of an ego that is the false self and a higher self or true self. In truth (i think) there is no such distinction. The ego and higher self are part of the whole, they are one and the same thing. It,s YOU and you are it. When you Think in terms of ego and higher self you are dividing the psyche., you are dividing yourself, you are being an psycho anal ysist.

Some people talk about god and how we can become one with god. I don,t know what your believes are? athiest or other?
But let,s forget the term god to make this more understandable. Let,s say that there is a universe or all that there is.
Can you become one with all that there is? No you can not become one with all that there is, because you already are one with all that there is. You just have not realised it (yet) You have been one with all that there is you are going to be one with all that there is, you are one with all that there is. Ego death is a name they give for the realisation that you are one with all there is or the universe or whatever you want to name it.

There is no need in getting rid of the ego. You need your ego, you are your ego. Ego means I (rasta say I and I ). Who is I (I and I) it is you, not just a part of you. It is your higher self and your ego and everything that makes up your mind body soul and imagination everything, it is your whole being.
We have a brain and we have a left and a right side of the brain and different parts of the brain. It,s intressting to look up brainscience in general and how psychedelics effect the brain. It is a little bit to late to go into it now. but it is very interessting.
When you are confronted with the sides of your ego you don,t like what can you do about it?
There is a reason why you are confronted with the parts you don,t like about your ego.
Maybe you could learn and change, maybe not. Everybody is on here or his own path, creating there own mental,prison,paradise,heaven,hell.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Ego, self,higher self, false self, are labels and nothing more. It are just words.
We use these words to make up a mental construct that is the self.
The self is a mental construct made up of words of language. The self is an idea and so is the ego, the higher self, the false self, god, the universe and all there is. What we do is dividing everything and labeling it. Open, close, here,there and so forth. We go around the territory mapping it and dividing it labeling everything. We put up borders and limits. With consciousness it,s the same. Consciousness itself is just another label. How can you be aware of something if you do not have words for it. For example if i am aware of light and dark it,s because i have learned that there is something called light and the absense of light is called dark. Another example. When a baby hears and is seeing a sheep the parents point there finger at the sheep and say: that is a sheep. How otherwise can you see a sheep. The sheep itself does not know it,s a sheep. It just is, just like the baby. But when we start to learn language we start to think about everything and we start to think we are a person with a name and a self. And to make things more complex the psychoanalysist started to explaine we are not only a self, but we also have different parts of the seld such as ego super ego id and i don,t know what they all made up.

What i think is important is to not take it all to serious. My advise would be to keep on playing and exploring. Life is a game, life is a dance, life is a playground.
All these labels (i think) may not always be helpfull. You flow from one mental construction into the next.
But thinking to much will not make you happy i think. There needs to be a balance between thinking and feeling.
Psychedelics may help us to restore the balance. It may help us pick up the broken pieces and and make us whole again. We don,t need to label ourself or others (that much). We are already enligthened and so is everybody else. The first step in realising this might be accepting yourself and accepting others. Try (as a game) to accept everybody you meet as they are. Try to play this game i guarentee it will be lot,s of fun. Try to fully accept the beings you encounter as they are. Is it easy? Is it hard? See it as a game. Can you accept people as theu are? Without labeling them withour judging them.
This sort of games is psychonautic i think. Please tell me what you think.

Sophia

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2016
I prefer to call the ego the "false self". It is a clinging to identities, such that when the identities are threatened, you respond as if your life was threatened. They aren't really equivalent to your life, hence they are "false".

If you experience enlightenment, you will know it. Experience is a good way of simplifying excessively convoluted theories.