Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ecstasy, the new prescription drug?

Mr_Spider

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
This year, the drug MDMA, otherwise known as ecstasy, could take a step toward medical respectability.

Researchers in South Carolina have begun experimenting with MDMA for patients with post-traumatic stress disorder. At Harvard, a long-awaited pilot study will begin on whether the drug can help relieve anxiety and pain in terminal cancer patients in connection with psychotherapy. And studies will also start in Switzerland and Israel, where a former chief psychiatrist of the Israel Defense Forces will oversee work with people whose PTSD stems from terrorism or war.

http://www.slate.com/id/2158144/fr/rss/

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
This is only a study, it is never go trough that line, only study. My opinion. :(

You mean therapeutic use of MDMA? There has been a lot of work in study and practice on this. If I remember correctly, in Thikal of Pihkal, Ann shares a couple of teatments she did with patients herself.

Also I believe in Switserland, mdma has been legal for both treatment and research.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
I don't think it was used in treatment. There has been studies, and there will be a new one starting this year....had 900 applicants and only 60 got chosen heh

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I think that there is a future for some possible use of x medicinally.
There is a very powerful movement within academic circles to push the mdma agenda and there are some limited areas of hope.

I think its powerful irony that they are wanting to use it for 'post traumatic stress disorder'

maybe if all these people were using it first they wouldn't have been so quick to charge off to war

G

Invité
Too bad it usually stays with those if's...

But last couple of years there has been some movement again in the research for psychoactive substances, while all those valuable substances were totally banned after Leary.

40 years behind, hopefully things will be picked up faster in the near future

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
t ...on whether the drug can help relieve anxiety and pain in terminal cancer patients in connection with psychotherapy.

Of course it can! It can relieve any anxiety and any pain in anybody, even without psychotherapy! Why do you believe it's so popular? :roll: