Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

EARTH MIRROR - a watercolor painting by Guenn Eona Nimue

Guenn Eona Nimue

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Avr 2011
10.34301108_std.jpg

mr_sunshine

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Avr 2011
Hey, do you have a higher resolution version of this? It's pretty pixelated, and I'd like to dig on it a bit harder.

Guenn Eona Nimue

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Avr 2011
Hello mr_sunshine!

Sorry to disappoint you, that is as good as it gets. I am still learning about the computer, and am feeling very much like an 85 year old cave woman at the helm of the Star Ship Enterprise! This was one of the first ones that I tried, and some came out better than others. I will be scanning all my work over again soon though (next couple of weeks) and will let you know, if you would like me to. In the mean time, if you have a "zoom" feature on your computer, by zooming out and reducing the image size by 50% you will be able to both see the whole image, and at the same time increase its clarity.

Guenn

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Hey, Guenn, i checked out your website, i wonder why you didn't mention it here, all your works are collected there.

I found it by googling your name to see more of your art.

REEV ETT GLWAR
is my favorite, followed by the venetian cats.

Guenn Eona Nimue

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Avr 2011
Thanks DaZeD!

Well, there is only one reason, really, that I do not mention the site, and that is that I do not want to appear to be pushing my spiritual beliefs on anyone, or doing some high pressure sales pitch for my posters. I generally only mention, in passing, that I am a Druidess when on non-Druid sites or when I am responding to a blog, and unless someone asks (like Sticki did in my introduction), it usually does not come up again.

At the same time, however, as an artist, I am also still driven to share my work with as many people as I can outside of the spiritual context within which it was created, and posting a bunch of individual paintings once in a while is just downright fun!

Not mentioning the site, I think, allows people to get to know me first as an artist, and me to get to know people a little (at least at first), without any preconceptions. I would rather just have people find my site “organically”, which has been very effective, instead of spending any time or energy trying to send them to it (my son handles that end of things), which I have found can often ruin an otherwise perfectly good conversation. My feeling is that whoever is supposed to find it, like you did, will find it. So, that is pretty much my line of reasoning. I hope that all makes sense!

Did you like the site? My youngest son, Emile, amazed me by creating it for me with a lap top computer that someone left on top of a dumpster! There was not much response at first while it was just in English, so, rather than just install a translation button, he actually published it in thirty languages (Microsoft machine translation) on the site, as a way of getting it to appear on search lists and search engines around the world in those languages (even I am learning to use it now). He says it is called “search engine optimization”. It works! There has been a marked difference, and “hits” (and orders for posters) on my site are now coming from all over the world! Though imperfect, machine translations do seem to work very well when it comes to getting my work seen, and art is itself, quite conveniently, free of any language barrier. He also has some way of monitoring the statistics that tells him where the viewers are coming from, and the search term that led the visitor to the site, which leads to more optimization on his part. Pretty impressive, I would say, considering this is his first computer at the age of fifty-two!

Wishing you well! Guenn

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Yes, i liked it, i'm gonna check it out again very soon, you make a lot of sense actually, you seem to be prefectly in balance mind-body-soul/energy.

I wish i was balanced like that too, i guess it's a learning groove, and about finding the right path.

Wish you well too!

Guenn Eona Nimue

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Avr 2011
Thank you! That is very nice of you to say! By the way, I can not say the site was actually a complete secret, really (check out the "Marketplace" section). Take care! Guenn
Copy_of_posters_1-37_007.18674752_std.jpg