Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

E-Prime

Vandraren

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Nov 2010
Some of you may already understand E-Prime, but a definition for everyone else:
E-Prime (short for English-Prime, sometimes spelled E?) is a form of the English language in which the verb to be does not appear in any of its forms. E-Prime therefore does not use the words "be", "is", "am", "are", "was", "were", "been" and "being". Neither does it use their contractions: "'s", "'m", and "'re".
-Wikipedia
and then:
“To be” prevents us from experiencing a shared reality; something we need in order to communicate in a sane way. If someone sees something completely different than another, our language prevents us from acknowledging the other's point of view by limiting our perception to fixed states. For example, if I say “Star Wars is a shitty movie,” and my friend says, “Star Wars is not a shitty movie!” We have no shared reality, for in our language, truth lies in only one of our statements and we can forever argue these truths until one of us writes a book and has more authority than the other. If on the other hand I say, “I hated Star Wars,” I state my opinion as observed through my own senses. I state a more accurate reality by not claiming that Star Wars “is” anything, as it could “be” anything to anyone.
-Urban Scout

Can the possibilities brought up in the Scout quote have a positive effect on the process of re-conditioning ourselves intellectually, emotionally, and maybe even culturally; helping us move outside our selected reality models, and so on. Or is it all just a load of pretentious intellectual wish-wash?

Feel free to respond in E-prime. You might enjoy it!