Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Duality

GregAndrsn

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2011
I'm not always completely sure what you all mean exactly when you say duality.

When I speak of duality I am usually referring to the idea that the universe can be perceived in two forms, black and white, so to speak.

Duality may be misleading, because there is an endless amount of ways in which to view the universe. But for me, when I think about duality it is the idea that when I see, view, or perceive and action, lets say someone killing someone else (for extremity) there is the duality that I can:
Become shocked/horrified/disgusted/scared, for that person has killed. That is morally wrong.

Be objectifiable and realize the actions taken place, a-morally.

This happens alot, and !specifically! with psychodelics. I often find myself in a conundrum about what I can believe and what I cannot believe, and often end up in a situation which is not quite easy to overcome, perhaps some of you have the same experiences:

When I trip hard I often get told things by entities which I believe at the time are very real. But my subconscious social constructs are so strong, very quickly (and in the trip, mind you) i often start questioning if I should be listening to this voice of reason with a great intent to learn, or whether I should make a realization that this a figment of my imagination - a creation of my being. My duality is that it is both, and it makes my trips very unbalanced. I am consistently looking for knowledge, but have only myself to talk to (which of course does have it's learning too).

The duality is then, the 'spirit world' versus the 'science and logic' world - which one has more bearing on me, and should I choose one over the other?

I'm sure the more experienced among us have the ability to pick and choose which to rely on in what situations (or many of you say "just accept") - but I am only beginning. Much of my internal dialogue during/after a trip is dedicated to what I should take with a grain of salt, and what I should take with the weight of the world.

I often get ideas that I know cannot be true, I do not have psychic abilities and no one can hear my thoughts - often something that passes through my head (more often than not when I'm thc high). However, on high enough doses, they seem like they can only be true! I have never asked, 'hey did you hear my voice last night?'...

But, yet, on ayahuasca or similar doses of mushrooms I can have visions where I speak beyond that. That I am speaking to everyone and everything. Most who have done ayahuasca have had the similar experience - an omnipotent sight over life itself. But can it be real in this world - when we come back down? Does it have any affect?
I came up with idea a while ago that both are true so long as you believe them - but it makes the other not true. I.e. if you fully believe in fairies and tree spirits, you cannot count on science to explain everything (anything). Yet, if you completely believe that science will answer all, and that the higher planes of consciousness are simply an illusion of a drug, then this world of spirituality comes crashing down.
I believe this is one of the most important questions (or atleast ideas) of psychodelic use.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"should I choose one over the other?"

yes and no.

that's the nature of duality. it can definitely trick you. what is important
(in keeping perspective)is the question, the idea itself, as you pointed out. not necessarily (always)the answer (ALL the time).

this isn't meant to be an answer either. more like one of these: :arrow:

GregAndrsn

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2011
Yes, I'm realizing slowly that it cannot be answered, and you cannot take sides, you can only be aware.

Be aware of both... God it's so beautiful that way though, isn't it?

dirk.bruere

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2010
Duality is the mind's tendency to categorize things.
In reality(?) there is an undivided whole but we chop it up into pieces because we find it useful.
The way we cut it has great effects.
Consider life and death.
What is the undivided whole from which we define those categories?