Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Drug War Draft forces young people into the military

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Students for Sensible Drug Policy write:

Largely due to the unpopular war in Iraq, the U.S. Military is having trouble meeting its recruiting goals.

To make up for the enlistment shortcomings, the Bush administration has loosened restrictions and is granting more so-called "character waivers" to allow more people with drug convictions to sign up.

Meanwhile, President Bush and some of his friends in Congress support a law that has prevented 200,000 aspiring students from getting the financial aid they need to afford college just because they have drug convictions (most often for misdemeanor marijuana possession).

Of course, young people should be able to serve our country in whatever way they think they best can - whether by going to college and becoming a doctor or a lawyer, or by enlisting in the armed services.

But the "Drug War Draft" created by the Aid Elimination Penalty limits opportunities and forces countless young people out of school and into the military to fight a war they may not agree with.

Eerily, the Pentagon-commissioned RAND report Recruiting Youth in the College Market (PDF) states: "The [armed] services might be able to significantly expand their pool of potential recruits by adopting policies that target youth who plan to go to college..."

Read more here:
End The Drug War Draft!

A news item from Tom Angell, Government Relations Director of Students for Sensible Drug Policy, can be found at DoseNation[/url]

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
totally insane :retard:

I like how the gears block each other.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Haha, what's the difference?

There's no American army without amphetamines and dexedrine.

Many pilots are almost even forced to use Yaba or Meth for safe results and regular long-lasting missions.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I just wanted to post, awesome pic Caduceus I'm gonna get that turned in to a shirt.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
Awhh man this is just "SiCk", ofcourse they choose for the frickin army,
those students have no future if they dont..

Very good education picture indeed...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
yeah I like the gears too, they say a lot.

PokeSmot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Mar 2008
wow so they cant go to colledge? if im reading this right? so much for the no child left behind act, not even giving them a chance to suceed in life. very very brilliant... :cry:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Wow, I just read this post..

Has anyone here ever read frank miller's brilliant "give me liberty"? Sort of a tongue-in-cheek spoof of extremist right-left wing politics set in a dystopian modern-day period.

There is a scene where on the TV the American government runs recruitment campaigns to attract former criminals to the army. Reminds me so much of this! :D

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
They were up in my daughters high school, recruiting teenagers, making a bunch of promises that were outright lies....we told her 'when you see a recruiter, walk in the other direction, do not give them even the most basic courtesy, turn your nose up at them and walk away'

....needless to say, we're about the only people around here that feel that way. Everyone else is ready to give them a cape with a big red 'S' on it....which really goes to the core issue; people allow others to do their thinking for them....