Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dreams

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Hey !!!!

What do you think of dreams ??? How much credit do you give them ???
If you agree with me, that life can be considered a dream, what do you think about the dreams that you have within your "dream"??

If you don't agree with me in that it doesn't matter. Anyways, what is then your attitude towards dreams?? Do you think they hold a special meaning??
Do you think while dreaming our minds connect to the Gaian (Earth) mind or that they have the ability to do that??

I heard the earth-resonant frequency is somethin like 7,83 Hz and the human mind is said to use frequencies along those lines and in sleep state the brain changes its opperating frequency to a lower frequency, which would be obvious for rest-reasons and regeneration and of course integration of experiences and stuff you have learned throughout the day/week/months...

If you are interested, don't bother to share your experiences. I am curious!

I had dreams where i was so sure they were real and then i woke up. I had dreams which seemed to give me hidden messages. I had real bad nightmares and loads of really cool and interesting dreams. Unfortunately i don't seem to be remembering many of them, but sometimes i also remember dreams i have dreamt a long time ago and were forgotten.

I also had reoccuring dreams that were always the same but sometimes changed a bit also. So it's kind of strange, but I guess there are reasons for reoccuring dreams that don't really change.

Most probably dreams seem to be mere reflections of your experiences that got acumulated and need to be integrated into the learning brain.
But sometimes I get the feeling that dreams can be like messages from the future and show you that you now got this or that possiblity, or they show you that you could have this or that possibility. However the meaning seems to be sort of encrypted so it's not always easy to get the meaning or to get it right.

Maybe you have some ideas you want to share or are interested in a discussion? I am really interested in dreaming... unfortunately when smoking weed every day it seems to be hard to remember a lot of dreams, yet sometimes i am successfull. So i guess i could be smoking less to get the dream intensity back, but also with a lot of weed i have different dreams, which can be pretty intense and cool, too. So i am interested in weed dreams, but also of course in the normal dreaming.

Tell me what you think!!

Peace :weedman:

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I have had dreams where I litterally have a 'bad trip'. When I have a high fever, I enter a dream with a very large distortion of space. My last time I remember looking at my TV, and it was miles away. After that I am conscious, but not conscious in my dream, and I totally flip out! I have supernatural powers during these dreams. One time I jumped up onto my table(its about 4-5 feet high) with no hands, only my feet. I have hit my mother because she cornered me once (didn't do it on purpose). My last one I tried to jump out of a window and we were in a hotel on a high floor. These dreams are the exact same, and I cannot recall them. They are so scary, even today as I look back with my psychedelic experience. The only way I can describe it, which also gives it zero justice to how frightening it actually is, is I did something very wrong, and now I am going to pay. My mother has broughten my to a psychologist for help, which did nothing! During my life it feels as if I am reaching for this dream, that one day the dream will come true. It is almost like a glimpse of what is to come. I guess I will see....

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"If you are interested, don't bother to share your experiences. I am curious! "

Its a translation out of german and it means dont be bothered about / worry about sharing your experiences .

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Dreams are so important that there should be more studies about it. I read somewhere that you can go longer without eating than without sleep; is this true???

I think dreaming is necessary because our life force/soul/spirit/whatever can't be completely idle... because then it would be dead. So the body-mind needs to rest, as any machine, and through lots of years and evolution and so on we have developed this method of shutting down partially so a process similar to defragmentation occurs in the brain. So when we are dreaming our mind is just playing around with no goal while the maintenance is being done. I think this is why dreams are fun but ultimately meaningless, like the conversations that take place in them. The interesting bit is remembering them because then we see what our unconscious does with the collage of stuff we refer to as our personality......

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
yes i wanted to tell you that you can contribute to the topic by sharing your experiences and of course also say something about dreaming in general.

Obviously it's something like saying: Just write whatever you want.
So... there you go... :D

@st.bot.32 I have experienced these hypnagogic states as well...as you say it's really strange as your mind awareness and body awareness shifts and merge.
I too had dreams about my own death, but somehow it left me a bit with an impression of its futility... Yet the paralysing feeling of terror was there too, but only for a short time, but i must add that not all the dreams containing my death were nightmares...

peace. :weedman:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I read a book a few days ago wher they said people had stayed awake for 11 days with no ill effects . If anyone wants to know the facts i can look it up again .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I read a book once about the biological clock. Apparently, if you go into a cave where there is no sunlight and live there for a while (let others bring food/water), at some time you will have 'days' of around 100 hours, where you are awake for 70 and sleep for 30. It took the person a month to readapt to the 24 hour day.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Forkbender that's interesting, but it would explain the adaptation to the lighting conditions.
because there was this hormone which would only be activated by the body when the person would go to sleep or when it would get dark. I think it was melanonin and the activation of the hormone depends on the sleep/awake - rhythm of the body and the light conditions.

Of course as you state this biological rhythm can adapt to different conditions.
I have heard, that in the middle of the brain it's always darkness and that that has also to do something with it. Because obviously consciousness needs a good screen for experiencing dreams and such ?? And what would be better as a condition for a screen as blackness ??

GOD it would be interesting to know something about that experiment with staying awake for 11 days.

Hmm I think dreams are very special and can represent some sort of gateway or connection to hyperspace. (the space "above" space) By that i mean that they let us catch a glimpse of what is to come and what has been. They mix our imagination and the impressions / experiences and that can appear like receiving messages, because of the confusedness of the state of imagination and impressions that one gathered in (?) his brain... Or maybe it can be seen like stories... The brain tells itself stories, but not in the cheap way, of course with all the shit: beautiful images, sounds, a plot, transition of the scenes...

That would make sense as the brain would get adapted to understanding stories, as stories are like facts embedded in a continous flow of information that belongs together, but represents mostly happenings in varying lenghts of time.

I hope you get my point. :)

Peace :weedman:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
unfortunately when smoking weed every day it seems to be hard to remember a lot of dreams, yet sometimes i am successfull.

funny, I´ve got the feeling to remember my dreams better with weed. But a lot worse with tobacco (in the evening)

If you want to remember your dreams, there´s a very simple way to do so (I didn´t believe when I heard of it but it really works)--

-when lying in your bed, concentrate on the fact that you want to remember your dream when you wake up. You can just say it 5-10 times and really concentrate on it. It is more difficult to remember them though if you wake up harshly (alarm clock,mother shouting whatever :D ) so it is best training during holidays. It is really interesting to see your dreams. But if you want to remember the m long-term, write them down. During the day and the daily experiences, you tend to forget them.

When I have a high fever, I enter a dream with a very large distortion of space.

Very interesting, because when I have high fever I also have these kinds of dilirium sometimes. Funny enough,once, after drinking and smoking too much, I lied in the bed with a depression. And during the whole night, I was like in a half-sleep, I still was lying in my bed but I was somewhere completely different and there were people around me. This was horror.

I read a book once about the biological clock. Apparently, if you go into a cave where there is no sunlight and live there for a while (let others bring food/water), at some time you will have 'days' of around 100 hours, where you are awake for 70 and sleep for 30. It took the person a month to readapt to the 24 hour day.

Interesting story, do you remember the book?

PS: BrainEater:

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?
Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

:lol:

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
I have had some interesting experiences with dreams.

I live in a street with about 7 pubs, so I hear a lot of live-music during the weekends that can last until morning. Sometimes I can't sleep because of it. Then I am in a dreamy state but not able to fall asleep, and during those moments I have really strange hallucinations/visions.

A few days ago was trying to fall asleep, half dreaming half awake, I opened my eyes and there was a man hanging over my feet. I said "Alright, that's enough! You're going too far!" and the man just vanished, very slowly, until I only saw my bed again. That same night I also saw a hand, and I thought: "Hmm... what if I could stretch those fingers?" and the fingers grew until they were at least 30 cm. A few seconds later the hand was gone. I also saw a lion once, sitting next to me, and a swarm of flies, it scared the hell out of me, but when I was able to turn on the light, which made me more awake too, they disappeared.
I see faces and hands most of the time. I am very aware that I can manipulate those kind of dreams... So I am not sure whether they have any meaning. I can only immagine we should be able to change our reality too.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i read somewhere dreaming was the brain processing all the memories of the day and storing them in the long term memory, a sort of zip file system.
or did i dream it?

ive had shared dreams where a friend or girlfriend has been present. when ive told them a few details of the dream it has turned out they had the same dream on the same night. they have supplied me with details of what seems to be the same dream from their perspective. very strange. one such dream came true to an alarming degree with only a few details different.

the thing which most fascinates me about dreaming is this: i can fall asleep and have an epic dream with the most elaborate plot and what feels like a weeks worth of action happening then wake up to find ive only been asleep for 5 minutes.

there was a time where i had a high degree of control of what happened in my dreams-lucid dreaming- and could fly at will etc but now they are just confused nonsense that happens to me without me having much awareness.
i used to bring about lucid dreams by waking early and drinking a strong coffee, smoking a joint and going straight back to bed. i could fit what felt like a week of dream into an extra hour of sleep.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I get that too sometimes, long, long dreams..feeling like they span days. I've been experimenting with calea lately as well, with limited success--it won't magically make me have more dreams, but when I do dream it changes the dreams..

More in general, I have the best success with dreaming on the weekends, when I can sleep in and wake up and fall asleep again. Generally if I get a good sleep I get lots of dreams. I smoke weed about 2-3 times a week on average, and haven't really noticed it affect my dreaming overall.

Interesting what you are talking about douglas, I've known people who used to lucid dream a lot and have exactly the same experience as you where they would have incredibly similar dreams from almost different persepctives. they sort of described it like tripping together, because each person's viewpoint would of course be quite different.

One thing I can say is that I started psychedelc usage quite late in life, and psychedelics permanently affected my dreaming. my dreams became far more fantastical after i started doing psychedelics, wheras in the few years prior to that they were generally mundane and boring, like showing up to work in pajamas type dreams.

on this subject i tend to dream about tripping a LOT as well. a few days ago I dreamt I was in a warehouse and a good friend of mine handed me a small wooden cup of liquid that was supposed to be DMT (which I haven't tried yet. and no it wasn't supposed to be ayahuasca, no MAOI's, just DMT go figure :p) After drinking it the world shattered into these asymmetrical mathematical patterns for a few minutes then the dream resumed.

and loosely related, dreaming on acid is :shock: :shock: :D !!

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
i bought some dried mugwort yester-day, which is supposed to instigate dreams and aid in their recall
my father and i each drank a cup of mugwort tea and i smoked a bowl of it before we went to sleep
i got no thing, but my father, who is prone to frequent nightmares, had a single, extensive, vivid dream about gardening, which he found to be very pleasant and unusual

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
make your own kind of music

nightmares are to be embraced. rise to the occasion of your dreams and challenge those seemingly horrible monsters and trust me: you'll find them most worthy.

confront the Other
bite and consume the pain in ever growing cycles of searing fire

Mindscaping's fear and pain an undiscovered pleasure
death is the philosopher's concubine
"...and out of this void shall come your unborn soul."

:shock: Love and light

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
???????? a dit:
Dreams are so important that there should be more studies about it. I read somewhere that you can go longer without eating than without sleep; is this true???

yes

Since dreams are a function to let the brain cope with sensory input, they sure are important. Since most of my dreams are like movies and novels, I enjoy watching them...

Whether I connect to anything else while I am dreaming, I don't really care, because that a thing my dreams have to worry about. I take them as they come and let my brain dwell in them for its own and my enjoyment.
Often enough I am lucid dreaming and thus consciously following the plot, I can say, that they are a mix of idea, experiences, everyday stuff, recent events and a whole lot of weird shit, I have no clue about where it comes from...

I also like to think, that it is a way of connecting brain cells for contextual interpretation and association. Very much like a natural mindfuck... I love my brain. And the best stories told yet are those I see or live through in my sleep.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
I just dreamed I was in the backseat of this car with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. Then Carrie Anne Moss appeared and gave a blow job to Pitt....

VapourTrail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Sept 2007
Just like when you say "don't bother" it means that you want people to chime in but to a natural English speaker it is almost quite a rude way of saying DO NOT give input, people have different meanings of the words "meaning" and "meaningful".

Some people think you can use them to predict the future. I think this is ludicrous.

I don't think it is the brain processing a days thought either - I have had a good many dreamless nights (not nights where I did not remember dreaming - dreamless nights) and I still remember those days.

It could however be the brain making connections between things in the brain - indexing them - so that they are easy to find later. Things stored in the brain don't get forgotten as such - they get lost. You are unable to find them because there is nothing you can use to remember them with. That's the point of the Roman room and other memory techniques - people remember a lot of things by association. Dreams could possibly be your brain making associations.

Assuming this, dreams could be very meaningful in understanding day to day thoughts. Let's pretend I meet "Fred", as part of the indexing "Fred" features in a dream where my house is over run by tarantulas - quite unpleasant as I'm terrified of spiders(I'm not, just run with it).

Now whenever I see "Fred" I have subconscious feelings of fear and the need to flatten him with a shoe.

I would probably try and ignore those feelings BUT I imagine, that it would be much easier to be around "Fred" after acknowledging the dream link.

Psychonauts have an upper hand here, try this:

Next time you are examining your mind at work, using whatever it is you happen to be using, think of someone you have felt "off" with recently without a good reason and have a look at all the things you link to them internally.

Answers on a postcard. Or a new thread, your choice.