Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dream Blog

ztrain

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Mar 2009
A few friends and I recently started a dream blog and are looking for more contributors. Accounts of trips are not off limits, as this blog was inspired by McKenna's quote about fishing ideas out of the ocean of mind.

If you're a decent writer and wish to collaborate with us, let me know and I will send you an invitation.

TweeterAcidEater

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Mar 2009
I like this. I'd be down to help out in the very near future, right now my sleep schedule is a mess so it probably wouldn't be the best time. But great idea.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
ztrain a dit:
Accounts of trips are not off limits, inspired by McKenna's quote about fishing ideas out of the ocean of mind.
He was indeed talking about the psychedelic experience in that lecture, not dreams.

I consider trying to remember, writing down or reading about other people's dreams a complete waste of time. Any interpretation generated by consulting a dream symbol encyclopedia or a person not trained in psychoanalysis is useless as well. When you're dreaming, focus on the dream. When you're tripping, focus on your vision. When you're awake, focus on your waking life. We've got lots of problems in the world right now. Jump out of bed each morning to do something about it!

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
You consider lucid dreaming a total waste of time too, since for ld you have to keep a dream journal?

When I'm "awake", my consciousness is not anyway that stable, goes open eyes dreaming, sometimes thinking, other doing things... I consider those all different states of mind. Don't think the "awakeness" is just one, and unchangeble.
I also think about trips when I'm lucid, or about dreams... what's bad with that?
I shouldn't 'cause the world is full of problems?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
arimane a dit:
You consider lucid dreaming a total waste of time too, since for ld you have to keep a dream journal?
Lucid dreaming, like dreaming itself, is not a waste of time when it occurs. :wink:
And you don't have to keep a dream journal. You can just look at your hands several times a day and ask yourself: "Am I now dreaming, or am I awake?"

I also think about trips when I'm lucid, or about dreams... what's bad with that?
Don't ask me, I didn't use the word bad.

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
You can find it out everywhere, I've never seen a Lucid Dreamer without a dream journal. Is like the base, as LaBerge says, for start getting in controlled touch with dreams. For seing dream signs, for start a better remember of dreams, to increasy their definition... ecc.

It would be sooo hard without, especially for DILDs

Bad, you didn't used this world, I have.
And is of course meaning "bad for you"

edit: as I do in my language, I would really like to use different and more etimologically appropriated terms, but try to understand me without pointing out some semantical mistakes... would be evil :D

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
arimane a dit:
You can find it out everywhere, I've never seen a Lucid Dreamer without a dream journal.
I had a lucid dream experience only two days after looking at my hands and asking myself that question, I didn't write a dream journal. But then, I didn't really pursue it further. Perhaps keeping a dream journal is useful.

Thinking about them is not the same as writing pages of dream reports and having others read them.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Do you never read some reports before trying a new substance?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Shamanita a dit:
Do you never read some reports before trying a new substance?
No. For example before I took mescaline last year, I simply looked up information on dosage and possible side-effects. Same for Salvia, Ayahuasca, Iboga and Amanita before that. No trip report ever inspired me to ingest anything.

P.S. I accidentily deleted most of your post. Sorry! :oops:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
you nasty person

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
P.S. I accidentily deleted most of your post. Sorry! :oops:

:axe:

:lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Mr.Smith a dit:
whats wrong with the page-back arrow at the top left of the screen? that should give you access to the original post
If only that worked, but it doesn't... :cry:

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
I consider trying to remember, writing down or reading about other people's dreams a complete waste of time.

how can you say this when you yourself have devoted time in using patterns of stars to say things about people? are dreams not patterns? you have enjoyed countless works of fiction, creatures, places and dimensions that were thought up (or i could say dreamed) by countless authors, so you have wasted lots of time already remembering and thinking about other people's fantasies (dreams).

:?:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
???????? a dit:
how can you say this when you yourself have devoted time in using patterns of stars to say things about people? are dreams not patterns?
Like I said, when dreams are interpreted by a trained psychoanalyst, then discussing your dreams may not be a waste of time. Similarly discussing Sun sign astrology is pretty much a waste of time, unless you become a skilled astrologer yourself or consult one.

you have enjoyed countless works of fiction, creatures, places and dimensions that were thought up (or i could say dreamed) by countless authors, so you have wasted lots of time already remembering and thinking about other people's fantasies (dreams).
The works of fiction I have enjoyed were not based on dreams, they were created in the waking state. And when I'm talking about dreams, I'm only talking about the things you experience when your body is sleeping. The dreams mainly consist of memories from the preceding hours, days and weeks. If you see a monkey on TV in the evening, you may very well dream of it that night. But what does the Dream Encyclopedia suggest?

Psychological Meaning: Monkeys represent your playful, mischievous side. You may feel that your dream expresses a need to be fun loving and to stop taking life so seriously. Monkeys can also represent an immature attitude or repressed sexuality.
It's these types of amateuristic new age interpretations that I was referring to.

JJJ

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
17 Avr 2004
I consider trying to remember, writing down or reading about other people's dreams a complete waste of time.
But what if you just like dreams, and think it's fun to write down dreams and discuss their meaning? Is fun a waste of time? I think that your statement here sounds a bit too absolute. Who are you to say that others are wasting time doing something they like and think is interesting?

Any interpretation generated by consulting a dream symbol encyclopedia or a person not trained in psychoanalysis is useless as well.
I just disagree with that :) . Usually, dreams are quite simple in meaning and symbolism, and usually just talking about a dream you had with a total lay person, will reveal the most important meaning of the dream. It's not that hard/
When you're dreaming, focus on the dream. When you're tripping, focus on your vision. When you're awake, focus on your waking life. We've got lots of problems in the world right now. Jump out of bed each morning to do something about it!
Analogous to this statement, talking about psychedelic experiences and writing them down, remembering them etc., is 'a total waste of time' as well. :lol: I don't see why talking about psychedelic experiences would be cool, while talking about dreams is by definition a waste.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
JJJ a dit:
But what if you just like dreams, and think it's fun to write down dreams and discuss their meaning? Is fun a waste of time?
No, it isn't. Another motivation might be to develop your writing skills, or as someone mentioned to facilitate the ability to steer lucid dreams. But if you're expecting to gain significant insights from it, you might be wasting your time. Throughout my life many people sent me emails or told me about their dreams, or their interpretations, and after a while I got fed up with that. Hence my absolute statement here.

I think that your statement here sounds a bit too absolute. Who are you to say that others are wasting time doing something they like and think is interesting?
The sentence I wrote only referred to what I consider a waste of time for myself.

I don't see why talking about psychedelic experiences would be cool, while talking about dreams is by definition a waste.
I don't think trip reports are that cool or useful. I hardly ever talk about my trips.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i make no distinction between the ideas contemplated in dream and waking state. to me, they all just come from the same reservoir. of course, we can consciously think about them awake, taking our time and seeing the logical implications, but this does not rule out the emergence of new concepts while dreaming that you can apply on waking life. like Aphex did on SAW2; he composed several tracks of that album while lucid dreaming. we tune to ideas that flow through the river of unconsciousness, awake or asleep.

but yeah, i don't overanalyze dreams to come up with "psychological meanings" either, i do think there are vast amounts of meaning in our dreams but this "meaning" is self-imposed and inconsistent. it's fun to see what's going on on there nevertheless.

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
Ah, by the way, if you really like to read dream journals (wich I find quite boring) here there are manyyyy of them. It’ s a Lucid Dreaming forum, the best on the net IMO