Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Does temperature affect tripping?

PsycheSmirk

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Déc 2008
I can't find anything on the internet about this, so I'm asking on here. I've heard that temperature affects how much you trip. I can't remember if it's being cold or hot that makes you trip less, but tomorrow I'm going outside to a forest-y area to trip, and where I live, it's going to be somewhere in the high 50's. So... pretty cold. I just want to know if this will affect how I trip.
Thanks if you answer. :)

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Interesting, I haven't heard of this before. I imagine cold weather would slow you down, if anything. Since your body has to metabolize the mushrooms themselves and then the Psilocybin into Psilocin and metabolism is more efficient in warmth rather than cold.

I can't imagine it being really noticeable, but it would be interesting to try it in say -10 C and then later in summer try +30 C.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Mmm... I mean your body isn't colder, since you're covered in layers?

SWIM tripped in ~10°F outside on mushrooms, pretty normal, mild trip.

Tripped in the summer twice, very mild, but the consensus was the stuff was bad.

When I tripped the hardest I was always at room temperature. But really I think it was solely due to the content.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
We aren't reptiles, are we?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
All I know is that when I'm coming up on a good amount of shrooms I need to raise the room temp to 25°C and still need a blanket because I feel really cold.

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
hi
i find at least with cannabis, being outside inthe cold winter air sobers me up, dont do psychedelics in the winter so ive no experience with that.

GregKasarik

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Fev 2010
Remember that set and setting is important, and with mushrooms and acid, everything can impact on your trip.

However, this is more to do with expectations, than reality. We become highly suggestive while tripping, so any idea that the temperature might affect it will affect your perceptions of the trip.

I've tripped both in extreme cold (outdoors during the middle of a cold, rainy Australian winter's night) and extreme heat (40+ degrees of an Australian summer, when my airconditioning prooved to not be up to the task) and don't really recommend either, as it is easy to become distracted by the physical discomfort and lose sight of the joys of the trip. Having said this, both trips were ultimately quite enjoyable, once I'd gotten my mind of the temperature and lost myself in the experience.

I think that the moral of the story is to make sure that your setting is comfortable, and if you are an eskimo, that is going to mean a different ambient temperature than if you live in the Sahara Desert.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
^ i aggree.

I think that whatever temp you are most comfortable at is the temp that would best compliment your trip. If you are a floridian like me, and goto england[like me] where its cold and rainy at the moment, i wouldnt reccomend tripping outside atleast.

C

cusmro

Invité
I totally agree on the fact of getting reaaaally cold while you're on your ''way up'' (don't know the term in english... Let's say when you're starting to trip), and sweating at the same time.

First time I had shrooms was during a snow storm in Montreal so it was something like -15 celsius or whatever. After a point we went out to enjoy the storm and it was really a magic moment. I guess what I'm saying is that it didnt affect my trip in a bad way. I was wearing big large loose tennis shoes and when we started enjoying the snow I had my feet basically wrapped in so because there was so much in the shoes. I wasn't feeling it at all, I mean it was cold but not burning cold or anything. I think it was pretty irresonsible of me though... I wouldn't have liked to lose some toes -_-.

I've never had them in summer though so I only know the difference between 10 celsius and -15 celsius... And to me the temperature didn't affect much.

That's for my 2 cents...

landisrebel

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2010
man if i could imagine i think tripping in the cold would be horrible