Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Do you ever get tired of "drugs"?

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
I ask this because i think i have come to the point that i had enough of it, i really don't know why, i'm 28 maybe i'm getting old, maybe not. :p

Not so very long ago i was still a heavy pot smoker, i smoked pot on a daily basis for at least 10 years straight, i was quite addicted to it cause i really had to smoke my joint, i started when i was 13 and i slowed it down like a year ago, then i smoked every two weeks, then 2 or 3 weeks and now maybe once a month, and i don't really feel the need to smoke weed anymore, i will occasionally, but i don't feel the need, i changed a LOT cause i always thought pot was part of my identity.

And now i feel the same about psychedelics, LSD has been almost a year, and DMT at least a month, shrooms not that long ago, but i don't really feel the need to go out of my mind anymore.
I do feel the longing to smoke DMT but when i see my DMT loaded bong something holds me back and i keep prolonging it.

I really don't understand, i used to love tripping and getting baked, and now it doesn't interest me that much anymore, i kinda wanna be more normal, i don't really understand, maybe it's the pressure and responsibility of work, i dunno.

Has anyone experienced the same or have some opinion on this, i'd like to know. :p

Iersuko

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Fev 2011
Have you been promoted or have you had a child recently? Any close losses? Other than that I can't think of why. :D sorry

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
It sounds like you may truelly have had your fill....

There comes a time when we must recognize that the point we are at requires no more so called "drugs", We may be as developed as we need to be.

Or

Maybe your social circles have changed and its not exactly sociably acceptable in your new circle and in an effort to fit in you leave behind drugs?
If this is the case, It would raise the issue as to why one become inticed by any so called "drug"?

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
I had this happen with cigarettes. I just got bored of them and then quite all together lol. Switched to those electric ones to save money and the last ones I bought are sittin next to me and havnt been touched in a month. I kept wantin to take them with me to driving to have a couple of hits when I stop in a parking lot cuz thats when I used to love it the most but I keep forgetting and not wanting to bother to go get them.

Even right now I am not really interested in taking a hit or three even though thinking about them is exactly when I used to.

I think just life situations change and cycles change. Different for each person.

Though if you can figure out why you got bored of them you could probably sell your experience on the highschool drug program circuit.... :D

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
Dazed, my situation is similar. I started smoking weed when I was 13 and for the last 15 years I've smoked it daily. Recently I've felt the need to stop and I've been weaning myself off it for the last couple of months.

I think it's just a natural evolution. You've probably got all you need out of drugs.

masternavigator11

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Fev 2011
yes i am 25 and i feel this with the weed smoking i love it so much but its at a point where i have gone back and fourth with quitting for the last year and it never last more then a month. i when ever im not around it im fine but sometimes because im at collage it comes into a situation then i smoke, then im high and i feel i have failed my self once agian. but i have noticed that after so long of smoking weed and entering altered states of consouness that reality becomes a altered state of consouness it self so maybe you should stick with the drug of reality for a while see how far you can push it. i have also become aware that weed threws off our powers of intuition and other mantel powers you gain through the third eye so see how strong you can get those powers. also you can dream as good when your doing drugs so try to see how strong you can get your dreams. here are some reasons of purpose for a fellow traveler. hope they help.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I'm getting tired of it as well, in fact I'm thinking of stopping all drugs. caffeine will be the hardest part. and not taking LSD anymore feels like leaving an old friend, but I can't go on like this. it's for health reasons very few people have to cope with, I won't go into details but if I regularly take substances that constrict blood vessels I might end up paralyzed, which is not my desire.
I'm thinking of doing one last trip however, to close the chapter. when, what, how much, no idea. I'm in Goa with two blotters of the LSD that gave me the most beautiful experience I've had, and I'm tempted, or rather torn apart. maybe I'll better just wait a few years and see how things work out.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
So, i'm not alone. :p
It has nothing to do with my social circles, i never looked at that, i'm my own boss (more or less, maybe less now i'm married :p )But my wife used to smoke weed too and never made a point out of my "drug" ussage.We had great psychedelic experiences ourselves and she learned some life lessons out of it too.

For those who think about quiting weed, that's where i started, after i finally got to the point i don't really need it anymore.

Psychedelics are a differrent thing, i never took psychedelics for pure fun, i always wanted to learn something from it, just getting wasted was never my goal, when i was young it was, untill i realized it's potential.

I think i have to let my mind rest for some time, i know psychedelics will have their comeback, and i'm longing for mushrooms too, but when the time is right, on a beautiful summer day.Ocasionally.

It might be the fatigue of working life combined with the winter, i always have that special energy that is really needed for a good trip in the summer, but not really in the winter, maybe it's just that missing energy, i don't really know.

ArthBH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2010
If you think of drugs in such a way then I hardly think you can call yourself a psychonaut. Psychedelic drugs should be ritualistic, or if you're like Hunter S. Thompson a daring way of trying to see things from different perspectives and find truths. I'm not saying a psychonaut has to keep taking drugs by any means, but the way you write this really makes you sound like you're turning your nose up to them.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Well, that's your interpretation then, i'm not turning my nose up to them, as i said, i'm already looking forward to my next mushroom trip, at the same time i keep prologning my DMT trips for some reason.

And yea, finding thruts is exactly what i want from psychedelics, self realisation, looking at things from new perspectives, exactly.

But i don't feel the need for it at the moment, i was just asking if someone else experienced something like this before, don't put words into my mouth.

My main goal is finding inner peace, lately i'm meditating a lot and practicing Tai Chi and Mindfulness, so i'm trying the natural approach i guess.

Very few people take psychedelics for their entire lifes, Shulgin might be such a person, Leary was, even Ram Dass (Richard Alpert) reached a point where he didn't need psychedelics anymore, the transformation was complete.(this might again look like unthankful to you towards psychedelics but i'm not, i love them, i'm still facinated by them, but i think i need a break, at the moment the needed energy is missing.

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
Psychedelics can help open the doors of perception (thanks Aldous) but once they've been opened a few times you don't need to continually keep taking them.

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
I'm almost inclined to believe I occasionally take them to close them lol. Kind of like if you leave the heat on all year round you tend to burn up in the summer lol.

I actually just had a depressing experience with the amanita muscaria. Took what erowid called a common dose, 7g and all I did was sleep all day and be awake for 20 minutes every so often and be clumsy. Dont really wanna do anything psychedelic at the moment. Think part of me was convinced by outside sources (having no internal) that it was going to atleast be mildly pscychedelic. This was like the idiot moments of being drunk combined with tiredness. I still feel depressed physically almost 18hours later. Went back to bed a few times, had a slice of pizza, couldnt even eat two I am usually game for three or four, just blah.

So lots of things can change your perspective on the 'goodness' of drugs for ya. I am half inclined to smoke some salvia or panama bud just to try and break this rut but sometimes throwing more chemicals after bad chemicals can make things worse. :|

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
DaZeD a dit:
I ask this because i think i have come to the point that i had enough of it, i really don't know why, i'm 28 maybe i'm getting old, maybe not. :p

Not so very long ago i was still a heavy pot smoker, i smoked pot on a daily basis for at least 10 years straight, i was quite addicted to it cause i really had to smoke my joint, i started when i was 13 and i slowed it down like a year ago, then i smoked every two weeks, then 2 or 3 weeks and now maybe once a month, and i don't really feel the need to smoke weed anymore, i will occasionally, but i don't feel the need, i changed a LOT cause i always thought pot was part of my identity.

And now i feel the same about psychedelics, LSD has been almost a year, and DMT at least a month, shrooms not that long ago, but i don't really feel the need to go out of my mind anymore.
I do feel the longing to smoke DMT but when i see my DMT loaded bong something holds me back and i keep prolonging it.

I really don't understand, i used to love tripping and getting baked, and now it doesn't interest me that much anymore, i kinda wanna be more normal, i don't really understand, maybe it's the pressure and responsibility of work, i dunno.

Has anyone experienced the same or have some opinion on this, i'd like to know. :p

I guess everyone reaches a stage where you get done with psychedelics or want to experience them less often. So you are kind of satisfied with the number of psychedelic experiences you have had. Especially in case of weed. Smoking weed everyday gets boring. Its more fun to smoke it less often, also you value it more when you use it rarely. Its been two years since me and my fiance have passed out of college and now we're cutting down on weed as our responsibilities at work are increasing. But i'm still up for the occasional psychedelic experience. Soon i'm going to keep my experiences limited to holidays or major psy trance festivals like boom ;)

ArthBH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2010
DaZeD a dit:
Well, that's your interpretation then, i'm not turning my nose up to them, as i said, i'm already looking forward to my next mushroom trip, at the same time i keep prologning my DMT trips for some reason.

And yea, finding thruts is exactly what i want from psychedelics, self realisation, looking at things from new perspectives, exactly.

But i don't feel the need for it at the moment, i was just asking if someone else experienced something like this before, don't put words into my mouth.

My main goal is finding inner peace, lately i'm meditating a lot and practicing Tai Chi and Mindfulness, so i'm trying the natural approach i guess.

Very few people take psychedelics for their entire lifes, Shulgin might be such a person, Leary was, even Ram Dass (Richard Alpert) reached a point where he didn't need psychedelics anymore, the transformation was complete.(this might again look like unthankful to you towards psychedelics but i'm not, i love them, i'm still facinated by them, but i think i need a break, at the moment the needed energy is missing.

Well thats fair enough man. I go through long periods of not taking psychedelics, and as I said I don't think you need to keep taking psychedelics to still call yourself a psychonaut, I just misinterpreted the tone. I've found that a lot of older psychonauts revert to just using shrooms. I think its because shrooms aren't always about schooling you, but can simply be just a load of wonderful, weird, fun.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
toogoodforyou => definatly, smoking weed every day makes you lose contact with your true self, since i only do it once a month i'm starting to regain my real self, and it's a much less lazy self, i can tell you that! :p

And also true, when i decide to smoke some weed again it's so much more intense, and it's actually an entheogenic experience, when i just started smoking weed i didn't knew how to use it, but now i do, and it can be a teacher just like other entheogens weed can truely be a teacher.

ArthBH => I totally understand why they choose shrooms, it is what it is, theres different kinds of shrooms and they all seem to have their own special character, and when you combine different strains it makes different effects, acid is different, you don't know what they give you anymore.

I guess things changed a lot for me when i got this job too, working life made me more responsible, plus the fact that i have much more respect for psychedelics now, when i was younger i took them usually for fun, over the years my attitude changed a lot.

Iersuko

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Fev 2011
Maybe he's saying he's reached the zenith of his present conscious mind on psychedelics. Now he wants to give his conscious mind a chance to grow on it's own before he delves back into psychedelics to make new and exciting revelations at a later date...

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Nice way to put it, i guess your right, but i wouldn't say i've reached the zenith of my conscious mind though. :p
I have a looooong way to go.

Nevertheless i tripped on DMT yesterday evening, i didn't think too much about it, just took a small meditation in front of my bong, grabbed it and inhaled one big toke, no breaktrough, just blissful visuals and that sweet relaxation, it's been some time and i almost forgot how wonderful it is.

Today i wanted to do it again, but i'm gonna wait untill the need is really rising at a peak again. :)

masternavigator11

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Fev 2011
yeah the acid is different i had one trip where at about a good 12 hours i was trying to go to sleep it was hard to take a shit two, and i couldn't sleep because i had a real intense headache and i had to put ice pack on the side of my head that the headache was on.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i've pretty much stopped taking everything. no caffeine, no nothing. i don't even really smoke anymore... i was at a point about a month or 2 ago where i'd hit the bowl once and then go for a run, and that'd be the only time i smoked. but this started giving me bloody boogers, not to mention gave me a sensation that i had LESS energy when i ran sober, so i stopped doing it... the past year i've been coming to MANY MANY new revelations on nutrition as well, trying to really quiet everything else so i can get a good listen in on my body; coming from being raised on virtually nothing but processed foods, to coming full circle and eating nearly NOTHING that's processed. im basically a vegetarian now(as far as getting proper nutrients from the plant kingdom) only i recognize the personal health benefit i receive from remaining omnivore. (check out the nutrition and health section of the forum to see the latest research topics i've been interested in, and feel free to weigh in on them if you like. i always remain a skeptic.)

i think the peak of my usage has passed for sure, and as i now have a personal effects encyclopedia of many substances and their effects, so when using them now, it's in a much more calculated way. a lot less experimenting going on... it's not to say i don't enjoy them, it's quite the contrary, i wholeheartedly love them, and it is OUT of this respect that this new behavior comes from.

in the end, one must listen to oneself and the true desires that one dreams up and echoes, and from that learn to really criticize the "desires" of the bandwagon if you know what i mean... one must follow their own path always. it's not to say don't be influenced, but take hold of the reigns of the influences, for sure.