Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dennis McKenna talks DMT vs. Mushrooms in new interview

Fancypants

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Fev 2015
Too long to watch now but cheers, I'll give this a watch mate thanks for sharing

Final

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Fev 2017
ill check this out, some1 like mckenna describing drugs is quite good, i feel as though he gets them vs a lot of hard headed psyche users.

Vert Arbusto

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Fev 2017
Thank you for the link, with the information. The interview starts at 28 minutes...after a bit of technical issues get resolved.
"Psychedelics are extremely safe, if you plan effectively."
He talks about the readiness of an individual, when going to knowledge (ingesting a psychedelic);
about how one needs to ask certain questions of him or herself to gauge one's readiness for taking a psychedelic voyage.

"Nature IS meaning."

He describes the difference between psilocybe and DMT, with mentions of ayahuasca for comparison. To my understanding, he doesn't compare the three, so much as explains the difference between the various media of exploration.
Yet McKenna is a rational scientist. As such, it's difficult for him to "rationalize" the existence of spirits, or personal forces, which appear when one ingests an entheogenic substance, such as psilocybin, or ayahoasca. Village ayahoascaro (brewers of the hoasca) are able to communicate with the spirits, have them named, and are comfortable with their ancestors residing on the spiritual plane. Yet, to the "rational" Western mindset, this can be alarming, and disconcerting.
Proper preparation of the individual is necessary to assure a mentally and emotionally sound voyage

To me, therein is a lesson, the point of becoming ready, when one is ingesting an entheogen. It's not for recreational usage, and those who intake them casually, will often regret the decision.
As one who has taken psilocybin, and ayahoasca, I don't have it in me to compare, or contrast the two substances; they do different things. Both bring to the session their own unique version of knowledge, to the prepared voyager.

As Dennis states, the DMT voyage lasts for 15 minutes, compared to the 6 hours of that of the psylocibin.
In a high-enough dosage, psylocibin can take one to a similar place of an ayahoasca voyage; with the main advantage of 6 hours of psylocibin giving one the opportunity to assimilate and digest the experience.
For me personally, I'm less interested in the visuals (which are nice indeed), than I am in the "tones," which many don't hear. I personally am interested in connecting with the Logos, the Supreme Tone; which guides and directs me. I do not have the rationalist viewpoint, experience of the McKennas.
I have the spiritual mandate of the artist, so for me, these voyages are to a different place; with full acceptance of the Divine Presence on the "otherside" as the realm of the spirits, the residence of the ancestors.