Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dan Merkur is ignore-ant and very arrogant

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
I recently found by chance an online book (excerpts) of The Mystery of Manna. I read his chapter 'Knowledge of Good and Evil' which I thought had some good insights. Like for instance, that the mythological ideas of 'Paradise' as being sometime in past--lost after a 'fall', and/or sometime in the future, be it 'heaven' or a 'new world' were really limited hangouts, for ecstatic experience inspired with entheogens shows that paradise is always here

But reading this chapter, I was a bit disturbed how he plays down the obvious denigration of the Goddess, and HER Tree and Serpent, in the patriarchal Genesis Garden of Eden myth etc.

Anyhow i actually did a video about it, and reflected my own views about what paradise may mean.

Then I contacted Mr Dan Merkur and what I found was a most arrogant and patronizing prick! And he defends 'patriarchalism'

AND ignore-ant, because this dude who strutts his stuff how he is superior in his knowledge of 'true history', and will not lower himself to communicate with 'beginners' and offers courses to go on.... :lol: I tell no lie. And strutts his stuff that he can uncover cryptic meanings of anceint mythology to reveal psychedelic use amongst our ancestors, IS completely and ironically blind to the mythmaking going on all around us made by occultists, and is used by the global elite to communicate with each other (the ones who understand) and to do a form of bad magick on the gullible who are oblivious to it--------------------errrm like Merkur,

I wanted to mention this, because I cannot stand these published academic types who are SO up themselves. AND he also is a practicing psycho-analyst and psycho-the-rapist. Another branch of control freakery I cannot stand.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Don't post personal opinions as a news item please.

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
where CAN I post them?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Depends on the subject of course. General psychonautics may be fitting, or lounge.

I don't know Dan Merkur very much. I only heard about him indirectly through Michael Hoffman of the egodeath.com website. He seems to appreciate at least part of Dan Merkur's work.

Dan Merkur

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2013
I think that calling me ignorant, arrogant, and so forth, is libelous. Doing so while hiding behind a pseudonym speaks for itself. If anyone reading this thread wants to get some sense of me as a human being, you might check out my website: www.danmerkur.com.
Yes, I'm an academically trained historian. What of it?

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I don,t know Dan Merkur. And because of reading this post i listened to his Psychedelic Horizon,s talk.
I also looked at his website (thanks Dan for posting here) I Did not have the time to read all his online stuff.

So what do i think of his talk?
I think his talk is interesting. I learned a thing or two by listening to his talk. Most of what he talks about is not new to me.

In his talk Dan speaks about psychedelics having no spiritual director. And about how we need spiritual directors.
I disagree with Dan about how we need (religious or therapautic) spiritual directors. I think that we do not need a religion forming around psychedelics.
This whole thing about religion is what i also do not agree on with Micheal Hoffman. What we need is people who know the plants and know what they are doing. People who are skilled and trained in dealing with these substances. People who provide a safe setting for the experience to take place in.
I do not think your spirit needs to be directed during a psychedelic trip. (spirit = mind. Directed = influence Directing spirit = mind control)
I think people should be free to have there own experience without the interference of a spiritual director (mind controler)
The spirit (mind) is not a orchestra that needs to be directed.
We don,t need religious or therapeutic directors. what we need is people that make sure you,re safe and that can help if you ask for help.

Ayahuasca shamans help people not by talking. If you have ever had an experience with a good ayahuasca shaman you will know that they use technique to help people. They do not listen and talk to you like a psychoanalyst or preach to you like a religious priest.

The whole thing about psychedelics is that you do not need a preacher or therapist. Yes you can do it on your own.
The preachers and therapist maybe afraid of people using them on there own they do not need preachers or therapists.

He also talk about true hallucinations and pseudo hallucination. I think that this idea about true hallucinations and pseudo hallucinations is a confusing way to talk about psychedelics. There are psychedelics and there are the dissociative substances (like datura)
These are two different types of drugs. The amanita mushroom is also not a true psychedelics.
These different substances give a different experience and are used in a different way by different people.
I think the term hallucinogens is very confusing and is not very accurate. I get what Dan is trying to say (i think) however i think it would be better to use the name of the actual plant or substance when talking about them.

Dan also talks about shamanism, alchemy, Mysticism, and religion as being the same thing. There not the same. Mysticism is not the same as religion. Shamanism is not the same as religion.

I hope Dan Merkur let,s us know what he thinks about what i wrote.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
If you have a spiritual director he is directing you spirit. Where is he or she directing it to. He can also direct it in a way that does not help you at all.
These different hallucinogenic plants and substances have been used to lift peoples spirit as well as to control people.
These things can take you up, or take you down.
So there is a dark side to the light side. The dark side is also part of the history.
Directors of the spirit may not always have good intentions. Or they may have and are mad and effect you with there madness.

I think we should become the director of our own spirit. I do not feel that we need more religion and more therapist to direct us and our spirit.
So if there is a director of the soul his or aim should be to let people become there own director.

When it comes to religion i think all religion is a cult. I think shamanism and mysticism is very different from religion. It is even the opposite of religion or philosophy. I do not think we need more (psychedelic) cults.