Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cultrivation: shrooms that grow in nature

Kingetjuh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2007
Hi all,

I'm new to mushroom cultivation and i've read all kinds of articles to help me understand the cultrivation.

In every single article, the most important thing is killing unwanted bacteries. But here's the thing, in nature they grow without all these precautions. How can that be because in my opinion, in nature there are also enough bacteries.

Can anyone explain this to me? :)

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I think the main problem is that nature is a very delicate system. Fungus often have the function of breaking down decaying stuff in nature. If the conditions are right this will happen. To recreate this in an lab or home setting it has proven to be very difficult to keep the very fragile (wet) substrate from being infected with other fungus or bacteria.

Don't know for sure though just my idea, any thoughts on that anyone ?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Kingetjuh a dit:
Hi all,

I'm new to mushroom cultivation and i've read all kinds of articles to help me understand the cultrivation.

In every single article, the most important thing is killing unwanted bacteries. But here's the thing, in nature they grow without all these precautions. How can that be because in my opinion, in nature there are also enough bacteries.

Can anyone explain this to me? :)

Its very simple, you create the perfect conditions for a fungi to grow. You create a sterile substrate for you spores. So if you introduce any other spore or bacteria, it will found an extremely good place to grow with only one competitor whereas in nature, these molds have to compare with everyone and their brother :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The secret is dont try to grow mushrooms in a place where they dont grow naturaly , they have no defences and lots of enemys

. Thats the mistake most people are making . Find out what mushrooms grow in your country and try to grow those . then at

home or in natural conditions they have a very good chance of survival . Work against nature and it will fuck you , work with

it and you will have less problems . I grow P.Cyanescens from spores i have collected myself since the 80s. I leave the spore

prints lying arond open , i`ve spat in them and kicked them around on the floor . I do not have a problem with contamination

. They grow in the basement and in the garden . With no sterilisation growing on cardboard or freshly cut wood chips and

allso on / in sawdust . Put the myzel outdoors and you will have mushrooms for YEARS . I have patches that are 20 years old .

Another secret is don`t use wood bark as recomended in some books by people who have obviously never tried it....TREES MAKE

BARK TO PROTECT THE STEM FROM MUSHROOMS and other contaminents . A thick dustbin bag a third full of sawdust , wet it make

lots of pin holes in it, let the water drop out and then inject your spores mixed in water . Hang it up somewhere and wait .

Best done after the end of autum...= less molds and other contaminents in the air . Put it out in spring in a compost heap or

a pile of wood chips , spread this to other piles of wood chips and so on...

Most contamination horror stories come from people who have bought kits . Don´t . Do it yourself .

It`s easy .

If you want to grow P.Cubensis a good place to start would be the PF method , wich shows you how to keep contamination to a

minimum . Read his literature as good as you have read what you have read up till now and if you think about it you will see

it`s easy to improve on it . Where he gets a jam jar full i`m getting a square meter , and i get less contamination than he

does . His weak point is the fruiting part where he gets contamination sometimes , i don`t . If you live in a country where

they will fruit out doors grow the myzel indoors in as sterile conditions as you can and then put it outside . Sterility is

relative = somewhere on a scale from closing the windows to heating things up to red hot . Most contaminents are airborn or

fall of YOU or come out of your mouth . Cow shit and compost are every where . Injecting spores into cow pats works - thats

how easy it is . Mushrooms and contaminents are specific to certain substrats . Any thing and every thing grows on most corns

, less contaminents grow on cow shit . And next to nothing can compete with P.Cyanescens growing on fresh wood chips .

If you still don`t understand ask specific questions .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
When people started to try to grow psychedelic mushrooms in the early sixties they took over technics used by comercial champignon growers and lab technics . In labs they cultivate things in petri dishes on things like egg protein , blood or the water from boiled grain thickened with gelatin . ( Substrats designed to cultivate anything = unspecific . Mushrooms are specific = they all have their specific nisch where they can compete sucessfuly with contaminents . Basicly they either grow on compost/shit or on wood , and their life cycle is mostly controled by temperature . ) Then it gets transfered to sterilised grain in kilner jars. Mushrooms fruit on both petri dishes and kilner jars but because mushrooms are largely water these substrates need extra water to produce more than a few stunted ones . This problem has been "solved" by some growers by raising the humidity in the air to 95% . Then they had problems with circulating the air = getting rid of the humidity -
P.Cubensis grows in mexico where they don`t grow on grain and the air never has 95% humidity . They "solved"this problem by recomending leaving the
culture open !!!.....and fanning it with a piece of card board !!!!! = blow contaminents all over an unspecific substrat !!!! = The blind leading the blind .

AMEN

LOVE GOD

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Nice info God ;)

Ive been growing pftek since a few years. It works for me so I dont fuck with it. My very good friend Entheobakta, is trying to cope me into more professional growing since a long time. I even ordered some sleeves with petri dishes and some agar. But I just cant set myself to it.

Reason is, pf tek serves my needs extremely well and I'm never short on goodes so to speak. So there is no need to me to try it differently. Sometimes I try though, people have been very positive about the autoenclavable plastic filter jars, I tried them and got 100%contams...

Two weeks ago I shot up 6 standard pf tek jars with spores. They are all 100% colonized, no contams. I think the majority of contams happen when people innoculate at far from sterile conditions this way introducing not just psilly spores but all kinds of nasties that the mycelium now has to compete with.

Interesting 'experiment', when I live in France for two years, I grew Amazonian strain cubensis. All pf tek. Whenever my cakes where done (starting to display other colors than grey and blue), I would just throw them in the bin. At some point, I decided to bury then in the garden in the shades as well. Low and behold, after two weeks I could harvest the most fleshy, potents, strongtothetouch cubensis I had ever seen.

question:

I really want to try an outdoor patch p.cynescens sometime. When would be the best time to start colonizing?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Dear HeartCore ,

Wow you are quicker than greased lightening !!!

Thanx for the "Nice info God" the empty place where my ego used to be was fealing a little bit battered .

Q :- When would be the best time to start colonizing?

A 1 :- I start in november indoors when there are not so many contaminents in the air . I try to produce masses . Die masse bringts . Either in thick dustbin bags hanging in the shed , garage or basement , or in 40 open plastic bread baskets ( the ones the baker delivers rolles and loaves of bread to the supermarket in ) wich stack very well. Somewhere as cool as possible , = around 20 - 22c especialy in sommer .

A 2 ;- I realy you can`t say - on the one side in spring , but if you get a realy dry year you can have problems and on the other side any time - if they come they come . Watering patches does not help , mushrooms can not swim . At first its hard to find good places to try because most of the "unformation" about where they grow is crap . Not in direct sun and not somewhere with no sun . They need the sun . Not where its wet ( Whats wet ??? If you have ever picked semilanceata you know what i mean , in the same ground conditions but in the woods not on open fields ) . Oak woods are good because they drop leaves and acorns wich provide new substrate every year . Needle tree woods are allso good because they grow on the cones that fall on the ground and you can see them from a long way away . = you don`t have to look for them they jump infront of your eyes so to speak . So try lots of different places and times of the year. I´ve put them out in spring wich did not come and others at the end of august wich came in oktober . I have put it in compost heaps / heaps of composting wood chips in the local government garden centers . hand fulls out of dustbin bags full , an arm length in at all times of the year . The nice gardners then spread it out around the whole city . Sometimes it comes in the first year , sometimes it takes up to three years . I´ve allso filled tomato boxes with wood chips and grown myzel on them and put them out in holes i dug in the garden , wich works but only produces till the box is gone . The more myzel you grow the easyer it is and growing this myzel is EASY . Stay away from saw dust and wood bark , freshly cut wood chips from a wood shreder are very good . Some say under
rhodedendron bushes is a good place to plant them because the first example was found in kew gardens on a piece of wood sticking out from under a rhodedendron bush.... it is not. Between the bushes where they have been cut back in spring can be good once they take hold . They need the sun . At best leave it alone and let it look after itself . Have patience . Once it starts growing in an area it grows like weeds . I´ve had patches up to 200 square meters wich got found and raped by up to 30 godless scum every year over years,,, and the mushrooms still grow there . After a few years the parasites cant be bothered to do the work or they forget where they are .

" people have been very positive about the autoenclavable plastic filter jars, I tried them and got 100%contams..."

I tried them to but they are to expensive for me . When i sterilise grain i use baby bottles ,kilner jars ( einkoch glaser ) and jam jars with a piece of silver foil loosly over them and dont have mutch problem . Again the more the better ,I take it you used grain in the autoenclavable plastic filter jars... try wood chips . These jars are very good if they are closed.....but only as good as the sterilisation prozess... If i get contamination on wood i separate them from the healthy ones but i dont throw them away like you HAVE TO throw contaminated grain jars away , i put them outside in a compost heap and they usualy heal themselves . Once you have myzel growing on a piece of wood you dont need to think about sterility any more , just mix it in with more wood and watch it grow like a rocket .

If you send me an email adress i can send you a few photos so you see where they grow and what they look like in nature .

Amen

LOVE GOD

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The best time to put P.C. myzel , you have been spawning at 20 - 22c , out is when the day temperature is 20c , in april or may . If things work out you should be picking , starting when the day temperature is about 18c , in september , oktober , november and december . ( I´ve seen them with snow on the caps ). Sometimes it takes 3 years till something comes , if anything comes . Put it out in autum when the day temperature is 22c . But its not like planting seeds in april and then you have flowers in august , if they come they come . Have pacience , think long term . Thats why i say make loads and loads of myzel. The problem is not realy when to put it out , its where to put it . It likes parks and open woods , places where its not allways in the sun , not where its realy dry or in the shadow . I always have an eye out when im riding around on my bike , when i see a nice place i go and get some myzel and plant it . If you have problems with flys get some nematoden from a grow shop or garden shop . When i grow indoors in dustbin bags i always wet my substrate with a nematoden water mix . If you have it in bread boxes you can wrap them in plastic over the summer . I dont mean air tight , it must be able to breath properly . Standing water . stagnation is BAD . I use a plastic cover for garden furnature , wich hangs down to 20 cm above the ground .