Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cross Polination with Salvia Divinorum

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
really sorry if this isnt what is wanted in this forum but its deffinently for further building knowledge on Salvia D

Salvia Divinorum is not a plant you grow from seed as we all know

however many other plants similar to SD are easy to grow from seed ! and sense SD Makes pollen, but its seeds rarely germinate why not pollinate something like salvia splendens, coleus or catnip?
this might perhaps make the plant less psychoactive or perhaps it might make a plant with completely different psychoactive properties
either way, i am going to bet that cross breeding like this can open some doors, such as a more hardy plant contain salvinorin A, that perhaps is a pereinial and could make it past harsh winters? i know that sounds crazy and most likely isnt going to happen, but I'm saying it anyways

also what would this do for legal status? its not a SD plant so is it legal?

now, splendens contains a sedative like chemical known as splendidin and i wonder what would happen if you cross pollinated that with salvia D? perhaps take the effects of both? that might be interesting
and that goes for coleus as well, its slightly hallucinogenic, could you pollinate it with salvia D?

these are just some thoughts, but i see no reason why you couldnt cross pollinate the two

this might have some sort of valuable information to it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppermint

oh yes, not that i know anything about cross pollination but i am willing to bet that some plants would have higher contents of other terpenes then other plants that were pollinated with the same plants
it may just matter how the pollen reacts in the process of making the seed
so you might grow salvia splendens and pollinate several flowers with the SD pollen, and some plants might come out with more Salvinorin, and less Splendidin or visa versa

also... what about pollinating slavia D with Salvia S pollen?

however... i am sure someone has tried this already and sense theres basically no information on such its likely it failed! :(

G

Invité
when i was in school, i remember reading that many times hybrids become sterile due to genetic problems. but try at your will and keep me informed, i am curious!

G

Invité
oh, yes of course this would also be sterile, but the seeds originally pollinated from the plants, would be viable, however the seeds produced from those seeds grown would not be

i will try this as soon as i can
however i need a Salvia Divinorum plant!!! really really bad
and soon, before or if it gets out lawed in my state of utah!

anybody have clippings that lives close enought that mail would not kill them?