Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Creativity

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
I haven't posted in a long time, but I got to think of creativity today, which reminded me of an old thread about the nature of the universe. And one thing that came up was whether the universe was creative or not. I don't want to get into that question but I did get the feeling that there were different notions of what a creative universe would be, or simply what creativity is, and even if it exists (depending on your definition of creativity).

For me true creativity is defined by the coming into existence of "something" completely independent of anything else that exists in the world. So a creative thought or idea could even come into existence if all of the rest of reality would be erased.
The opposite would therefor be the coming into existence of a thing that is dependent on something else. Everything that would fit in that description would therefor be uncreative. However most ideas, thoughts or works that we consider creative are usually dependent on something else. They are a combination of ideas or concepts rearranged to create a new "creative" idea. Same goes for art. Erasing all of reality and then trying to create a 'creative' idea like this would be impossible.

So, do you think true creativity exists? And if so, how do yuo define it and can you explain how it arises? Are there certain requirements for a creative idea to emerge?
And do you think psychedelics make you more creative, and cannabis? And how do these substances enhance creativity?

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
I got creative after I started smoking cannabis. I came up with two digital images using a software at school. But now that I've experienced being creative on cannabis and other psychedelics, I feel I can tap into that creative state without any psychedelics, simply meditation is enough. And when I'm in a really deep meditative state I don't even feel like doing anything, except reading and exercising. Also, I've noticed, the best tattoo artists are stoners or ex-stoners, and tattooing is some really articulate work.

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
In my case, I used to get a little lazy after smoking cannabis, or too engrossed in doing fun things like eating, watching videos or traveling. I think it also depends on the kind of strain you use and the set and setting.