Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cow shit-what to do

Goran.Hrsak

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
I have 4 kilos of 4 year old cow shit. Now what should I do with it? Prepare it like PF TEK, or something else. And by the way I have mycelium wich has not started to fruiting. So I would like to put half of it(one cup) in cow shit but doesn't know how to mix that. Already search trough web but there is no solution to my special problem. Help

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Here in holland (and I also think in belgium), Psilocybe semilanceata (aka "Kaalkopje" in dutch) grows allmost everywhere on cow manure in autumn.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Entheonaut a dit:
Here in holland (and I also think in belgium), Psilocybe semilanceata (aka "Kaalkopje" in dutch) grows allmost everywhere on cow manure in autumn.

But how to sterilise cow manure(shit) to be like brown rice substrate. Or how to make it into substrate. With pressure cooker? Or is it good by it self

G

Invité
i heard that sterilizing cowshit stinks a house in no time! i've read once a tek to do this, but i've no way of knowing where it is, it is lost forever in the mists of time! perhaps searching in other forums ?

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
So, how much of fresh "kaalkopjes" you need for a decent trip?
And are the effects simmilar to Hawaiian or mexican mushrooms?

shrmd

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Déc 2005
Goran.Hrsak
Look in your pm.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Pasteurize it by boiling it in a pillowcase for a couple hours.

If it's aged, it won't stink up your house.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
but how does one grow his own shrooms on a cow pie, does this work better than a normal cake?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
It works 1,000 times better than a cake.

You can use a standard brown rice/verm cake, broken up and mixed with poo but bird seed or rye berries are even better because they are much more nutritious for the mycelium.

PF cakes are a joke. Horse shit is the only way to grow.

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Lion a dit:
So, how much of fresh "kaalkopjes" you need for a decent trip?
And are the effects simmilar to Hawaiian or mexican mushrooms?

I believe that the concentration of psilocybine is about the same as mexican mushies, but I'm not sure! If true, this would mean you need about 35 grams of fresh shrooms for a normal dose (same as one "portion" you get at dutch smartshops).
The effects are also the same as other shrooms containing psilocybine. They all give a slightly different trip.

Watch out for poisonous mushrooms that look like Psilocybe semilanceata, if you're not 100% certain it's Psilocybe semilanceata, don't eat the mushrooms. You don't want to end up in the hospital. :wink:

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
so just make a cake, break it and mix it with sterelized horse shit? sounds easy and cheap :) will try this one :) how to sterilize the horse shit? just put it in a container and then put it in a presure cooker?

G

Invité
Damn, I'll think I'll wait to be single before trying this operation at home...

G

Invité
what i understood from brewmaster's idea was that the horse shit was for the casing. you inoculate the verm/BRF first. or am i wrong ?

have you guys tried microwave sterlization ?
is manure pasteurized or sterelized ?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
daytripper a dit:
what i understood from brewmaster's idea was that the horse shit was for the casing. you inoculate the verm/BRF first. or am i wrong ?

have you guys tried microwave sterlization ?
is manure pasteurized or sterelized ?

Poo is pasteurized in boiling water. If it's aged, it won't smell like anything.

Regular cakes can be used but brown rice flour and vermiculite have almost NO nutritional value. Jars of bird seed or rye berries are much, much better. The mycelium tear through the shit like a fat kid through cake.

Then just mix 2 or 3 colonized cakes (or jars of colonized bird seed) with a few pounds of poo. Break them up real good and mix it up.

Keep it all in a big "Rubbermaid"/ plastic box. Drill 4 one inch holes near the level of the box where the poo mix comes up to. Stuff these holes with pollyfill (the synthetic fiber junk that people use to stuff pillows). These filtered holes allow the box to "breathe" without letting in contaminants.

If you get the poo to the right moisture level before you start then everything will take care of itself. You won't need to mist it with more water and you won't need to take the top off and fan it out.

Then just wait for hundreds and hundreds of gigantic mushrooms to invade your house.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I'll try again later to put up some of my pics to show you what I'm talkin' 'bout.