Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Classes of Mushrooms

p1tch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2004
Hi There !

I have a not too easy to answer question, i wasnt able to find an answer anywhere.

Well, i want to know whats the Latin Name for the Equadorian Mushrooms ? I would also be interested in the name of the Columbians.
For example the Mexican Mushrooms are called Psilocybe Cubensis, the Hawaiian is named Copelandia cyanescens and so on...... can anybody help or give an answer ?

greetz
p1tch

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
Actually, Psilocybe Cubensis are not Mexican, but Cuban, hence the name Cubensis. Of course, there are several strains that are actually the same mushroom, but that have adapted to their natural enviroment. The Mexican mushrooms are Psilocybe Cubensis, adapted to the growing conditions in Mexico. The Ecquadorian Mushrooms are also Psilocybe Cubensis, but adapted to the enviroment of Ecquador.

The Hawaiians however are not Psilocybe Cubensis, it's just a completely different kind of mushroom. Other examples of completely different kind of mushrooms are the Psilocybe Tampanensis, or the Psilocybe Azurescens.

In short, it's not because they're from a different region that they're necessarily a different kind of mushroom, they're just different strains that have adapted to a certain enviroment, and thus have different qualities.

Compare it to humans. African people may look different and think different than Western people, that doesn't make them a different species. They've just adapted to their eviroments, and we to ours.

LorpasPT

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Mai 2003
That´s right!
Well said! /forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

p1tch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2004
Mhm yes, this is acceptable /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Does anybody have experience with the equadorian mushrooms ?
Thats the most important question for me. /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/p1

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
Eating them or growing them? Growing them is pretty easy, I used them the first time I tried growing mushrooms (which is now, actually, I started a month ago) and it went well. The mycelium doesn't grow very fast, but it grows, even with my amateurish skills.

Eating them... well, I can tell you on monday the 9th of february /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm gonna try them the weekend before that. But they're supposed to be pretty strong Cubensis mushrooms, so I have high expectations!

p1tch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2004
Yeah, i mean eating them. Its really strange, you find a LOT of storys and reports about mexicans or hawaiians, but NOTHING about equadorians and columbians. I wonder why ?!
Are they so new ? I wanted to order them about 1 year ago, doesnt work somehow, anyway, this time it will work i hope /forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif
So i will start to write it down from the beginning how they work and agitate. I've heard they should be more visually.
The Columbians were very visually, but in higher dosages (~ 3.75g) they were very strong and blastin' away me and my mind. I dont recommend eating high dosages of them, can be enjoyable, but after a while, all the optics and "morphing sights" were unimportant, uninteresting, logical thinking was not really possible. It was a timelessness, uncaring "being".
/p

spacevis

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Déc 2003
logical thinking was not really possible. It was a timelessness, uncaring "being".
/p

Been there done that /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Invité
the Equadors are very nice!!! you''ll enjoy them /forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

p1tch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2004
i really hope so ;D
what about the dosage ? i dont wanna be blowed away like i wrote about the columbians .... just an easy visual trip /forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif