Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cardiotoxicity Associated with the Synthetic Cannabinoid, K9

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Cardiotoxicity associated with the synthetic cannabinoid, K9, with laboratory confirmation.
By Young et al.

ABSTRACT: Synthetic cannabinoids have been popular recreational drugs of abuse for their psychoactive properties. Five of the many synthetic cannabinoids have been recently banned in the United States because of their unknown and potentially harmful adverse effects. Little is known about these substances. They are thought to have natural cannabinoid-like effects but have different chemical structures. Adverse effects related to synthetic cannabinoids are not well known. We provide clinical effects and patient outcome following K9 use. In addition, we briefly review synthetic cannabinoids. We present a 17-year-old adolescent boy with chest pain, tachycardia, and then bradycardia associated with smoking K9. Two synthetic cannabinoids, JWH-018 and JWH-073, were confirmed on laboratory analysis. In addition to the limited current data, we demonstrate harmful adverse effects related to toxicity of 2 synthetic cannabinoids. Further studies are needed.

Source: PubMed - 2011 July 28th. [Epub ahead of print] - The American Journal of Emergency Medicine - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21802885

It's only preliminary research (almost inevitable when it comes to 'psychedelic' research :/ ), but I think it's good to be aware of any possible adverse effects, especially if you smoke a lot of synthetic cannabinoids. Full article availabe, just ask ^^ (why is it no longer possible to add pdf-files as an attachment to a post? :S)

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
it'd be interesting to know if this is a property that is common among the class, since I have been smoking unknown analogs and amounts......nice

time to speak to Jack

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
spice a dit:
it'd be interesting to know if this is a property that is common among the class, since I have been smoking unknown analogs and amounts......nice

Nothing can really be said about this with any certainty. Scientisits have just started researching these chemicals since a relatively short while. Even this study is preliminary, and it only points to an association between K9 and cardiotoxicity, nothing has been proven. If two things go together this does not undoubtedly mean they are eachother's cause. I'd still be careful though, rather smoke some real cannabis if you can get it.

@Allusion: Also can't seem to add pdf's to PMs somehow, I get the same error as when I try to attach them to posts: "Temporary folder could not be found. Please check your PHP installation."
I've never had this before, and have no idea what is meant by this :?

I uploaded it over here instead: https://rapidshare.com/files/1913761310 ... _2011_.pdf

S

steavejohn1994

Invité
Synthetic cannabinoids have been popular recreational drugs of abuse for their psychoactive properties. Five of the many synthetic cannabinoids have been recently banned in the United States because of their unknown and potentially harmful adverse effects. Little is known about these substances. They are thought to have natural cannabinoid-like effects but have different chemical structures. Adverse effects related to synthetic cannabinoids are not well known. We provide clinical effects and patient outcome following K9 use. In addition, we briefly review synthetic cannabinoids. We present a 17-year-old adolescent boy with chest pain, tachycardia, and then bradycardia associated with smoking K9. Two synthetic cannabinoids, JWH-018 and JWH-073, were confirmed on laboratory analysis. In addition to the limited current data, we demonstrate harmful adverse effects related to toxicity of 2 synthetic cannabinoids. Further studies are needed.

M

MedokTymn

Invité
Quite right! It seems to me it is very good idea. Completely with you I will agree.

Amos

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Déc 2012
They results lack of effectiveness, They might lead to stroke and heart problems, They have lack of safety regulation,
They results depression and stress, They are expensive...

PostalPete

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2012
I have a friend that went to the synthetic stuff after getting on probation. He complained of constant headaches after awhile. I can't really see this as being all that great for you. As in, it's so new, and it could be so dangerous - we have no idea.

Best to stick with the natural stuff :D

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well lsd is a synthesis of a chemical from a fungus/mushroom... maybe with plants it's something different?? i just think making nature artificial, thinking that we can be better than or as good as nature is stupid. to me it means humans with all their supposed intelligence or so are still stupid. i think they really shouldn't mess around with stuff that they don't really know about!!!
idiots... :paranoid: :\\ :angry:

peace

inverted

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Fev 2014
Synthetic Cannabinoids, Outrageous!! Government sponsored health & safety regulatory agencies should be tried for treason against humanity. They have took the most beneficial molecule for human health and manipulated it into a health damaging substance. They have banned and made illegal that which was meant to heal and replaced it with poison. Their modus operandi is disgusting.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE LEGAL MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO DE-FRAGMENT YOUR VERY BEING. DIS-CONNECTION. CREATE CHEMICAL TOXICITY. MAKE YOU OFF BALANCE. STEALING AWAY THAT WHICH SHALL NEVER RETURN.

LEGAL HIGHS ARE DESIGNED BY THEM AND FOR THEM TO "LEGALLY" STEAL YOUR TRUE MIND ABILITY AND POTENTIAL. THEY SHALL ALSO BE USED TO BRING ABOUT AND PROMOTE FALSE HEALTH CONCERNS FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAKING THAT WHICH IS BENEFICAL TO HEALTH. ILLEGAL.

DONT BE LEGALLY STUPID. BE ILLEGALLY SMART AND REALISE WHO THE TRUE CRIMINALS ARE.

SMOKE CANNABIS AND BE HEALTHY

Don't end up Synthetically challenged...These are very dangerous unnatural substances and have no place in existence.