Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Capitalism Rant - while still fresh.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
So, I got this great summer class that I'm actually excited to sit through the 2.5 hours of. The insightfulness of the classes instructor is so great, to me, I simply have fallen in love with the guy. He's progressive enough by any standard to accept my gay love.

BUT, here's my point;

Capitalism is a great system (am I being sarcastic?), please, I will explain.

Capitalism, in its most fundamental ideology, came from monarchies. The kings in their thrown, their peasents, their guards. These three components make up what is capitalism:
1. An owner/entrepeneur/operator/ruler.
2. A class of people to exploit* .
3. A safe-guard against unruley citizens that don't understand, or disagree with capitalism.

*Exploit simply and only means to use somebody for their labor. IT is not necesarrily evil. (or is it?)

When we view BP, McDonalds, Nike, I will leave out the World Banks to keep this simple, we see a large mega-corporation. These corporations are devoted to creating products in which they can sell to consumers. Consumers buy these products out of necessity, whether it be a legitamite need, or a want.

But how does this work? When an anarchist questions Capitilistic logic quickly an unprepared capitalist will stutter. This is due to the very core reasoning of capitalism: Capitalism MAKES its own logic. Capitalism is not based on any type of natural law, or natural order, in fact - it's quite the contrary. It wants to get rid of naturality. Our instincts as humans; to hurt, or disregard those we disagree with, to take what we want, to live on our own land, to live next to 'paradise', none of these can parallel with capitalism!

Capitalism needs heirarchy to operate, it needs transportation - roads, it must be in absence of violence - unruley citizens will destroy business or hinder it - it needs people to live next to its buildings so their attendance to work is great.

Nature and Capitalism are completely against one another. Capitalism cannot operate within nature, nor does it abide by any natural laws! The most important idea of capitalism, money, has absolutely no meaning anywhere outside of capitalistic notions. Indeed, capitalism is a self-fulfilling prophecy. It has created itself out of nothing... Except on thing.

I will not use the word greed, because greed is negative. I will use the word desire.

Desire, in itself, is not negative (debateable). Buddhists and certain religions, however, have made it their ultimate goal to transcend desire, to no longer desire anything. But desire itself is very natural, without it, we die. We get hungry, and we desire food, we desire water when thirsty, this is a natural want. From desire, capitalism can work. Although capitalism was not based from desire, it is a fundamental mortar on which the bricks of this ideology have been come to be recognized with. The desire, sorry for the whatever-the-fuck-you-call-it, to keep up with the Jones'es IS capitalism. That IS capitalistic in all its glory.

I want to make the arguement that Capitalism turns its gear, via the gasoline of something different from desire. If we desire nothing, the machine stops and will rust. However, if you are in capitalism, if you are subjected to it daily, like I am, and have been all my life, desire is not capitalistic anymore. Desire becomes outside capitalism. What was one desire is now consumerism. It is fed by the same goal eventually, however it's psychological stimulus is not desire. Capitalism, once inhabited, for lack of a better word, becomes self-fulfilling and no longer relies on desire, but solely its own existance.

If we were all rather stupid, capitalism would certainly become the "American dream" cliche. But we aren't. We, most of us, have realized capitalistic goals are fueled by fraud, ill-morality, and greed (in most cases). Being aware of capitalism, and how it affects desire, how it affects our psychology, immidiately changes what capitalism is. This is psychology at its best.

But! If you are stupid/blind/...happy, you no longer are conscious of capitalism. When you are happy and content in your life, you are not aware of capitalism. You have no wants, your desires are filled, because your desires become consumerism. You desires have descended to materialistic objects. Without materialistic desires, which I argue are not desires, capitalism fails.

Capitalism fails via the following;
You desire nothing.
You desire.
You do not consume.
You do not see materials satisfying anything.

What the hell did I accomplish just now? Anything?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Capitalism makes its own logic.

Since capitalism is now global, it is in every city you will ever go to. When was the last time you went to the amazon and not one of the tribe members wore a shirt? How bout the last time you went to an ayahuasca ceremony and didn't pay? Point taken?

Since capitalism is now global - the "guards" previously stated, are now a capitalistic idea. They enforce capitalistic ideologies - if you stop business traffic, you will go to jail, prison, or get lucky and only pay a large tax. However, these guards (police, military, navy, etc...) also protect the government. The government, which at elementary school level, does not seem like anything capitalistic, IS INDEED a capital company, however it operates much differently. Comparing it to any capitalistic company is like comparing Nike to Car insurance.

The government does not sell a product, and since there is no main benefactor of the government, only a ruler, the government itself does not exploit anyone. With that being said, the other side of the coin is - the government, itself, is there for trade. Disrupting trade is a federal offense... Why? Because capital is the main ... desire?!... of the government. It needs capital to keep itself alive.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Capitalism is in the ICU, but the progenitors of it will not rest until it's DOA.

The ONLY way for capitalism to really be benevolent is for the people at the top of the food chain to not be able to decide what they will do with all their money.....you can't give people that kind of positioning within a culture and expect good to come of it.

The real issue is that we are animals, bound by the laws of animals; we compete for resources. Yet unlike animals, we will willingly, KNOWINGLY, exploit each other until the point of insanity, and organismal detriment (which almost puts us into the category of 'parasite', which is a hell of a wake up call for a lot of these republican/conservative types, who may need to examine the way THEY define a parasite. They are killing us all. Slowly. One drop of oil at a time, and no one has the balls to come up with alternatives).....because we are animals, we are part of a mammalian dominance heirarchy, and as such, we have the direct lineage of this dominance hardwired into our genes, so that much of this behaivour is unconscious, and instinct-driven. If you can force it into the realm of consciousness, you can at least do battle with your instincts, if you see fit....as long as it remains buried, then you will have reactionary politicians exploiting us against each other.

Many of the true issues with capitalism spring from the very engine which drives its growth and continues its momentum, to wit; US.

By definition, there must be a large underclass to exploit, yes, but there must also be a way to keep those that are down, down....this way is called 'our system of government'.....does anyone here really, TRULY think that this mess has come about uncontrived? I certainly don't.....when you examine the governments ACTIONS, and not the lip-service we are always having pumped into us by FOX/CNN/Reuters/ etc (flunkies of world government, every fucking last one of them. Fredom of the press, my ass.) it is really easy to see that what we have going on here is a form of class warfare.

Which is really fucked, because, as I said, none of this works without the bottom 90% economically enslaved.....

The key of 'keeping these people in their 'place', is deceptively simple; creature comforts. This is the only thging that actually drives it all.....as soon as the creature comforts begin to go, so will the allegiance to the system which provided them.

I saw it all down here after hurricane Katrina. The cops were all riding around warning everyone to close their businesses after dark, because, in their words, " we cant guaranteee your safety "

"people might riot"

"everyone is nervous"

Wanna know what the hell that was all about?

in the aftermath of Katrina (I rode it out at ground zero, btw) people couldn't get ice, gas, bread, or milk at most stores....
They have the fucking infrastrusture stretched sooo tight here that a fucking storm shut this entire motherfucker down, for WEEKS, and the cops....

(anyone who has ever been here will tell you, this place is a fucking cops wet-goddamn-dream, you have NEVEREVEREVER seen as many varieties as they have here, and they have a LOT of them.....(did you know that this is the NATIONAL HQ BASE FOR HOMELAND SECURITY? Here in the swamp)

were afraid.....these are the same fat-asses that ride around, armed to the teeth, afraid to go to the 'projects'....afraid to patrol where they are most needed, eager to molest a donut (or with these winners we have down here, someones kid) or ride around in their A/C equipped cars (that we, the taxpayer, bought them, by the way).....anyway...grrrrrrrrr

They were shitting their pants, because they KNEW they were in deep doo-doo because.....the infrastructure had broken down, the creature comforts were not to be had......I was standing in a block-long line to get diesel for a generator two days after it happened, when some nut started telling people if they were out of ice before he got there, he was 'going postal'....
since he was driving a humongous Ford truck with rifles in a rack on the rear window,and looked like a vision out of 'Deliverance', several people thought he probably would, and they left.....some form of this was going on for about a week before the cops started making everyone close at dark.

When the creature comforts go, so does civility.

Time is running out. :toimonster:

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
fuck the government. fuck capitalism. fuck consumerism.
fuck humanity... are we nothing but machines?? no, we are human beings. we can become machines, tho if we choose to.
molecular machines build us up. we are self-fulfilling prophecies, too. are we equal to capitalism by that? i don't know. on some level, there is certainly a correlation. i 2nd most what u guys said.
try to not become a player of "the game" would be my advice. they build you up then they slaughter you just like pigs.
that's what they want, to play us out against each other, so they can stand by our side and watch us fall and then take all we have.

yes it's US and US who drives the machine. the system, tho, is not reformatory, it's only purgatory to quote the IT. (immortal technique)

it's war until the color of a mans' skin is ... etc

and we will not know freedom until the last capitalist has been strangled with ... etc

maybe we can take over the materialistic capitalism with spiritual capitalism? spiritualism, to me at least, just means that all IS one. let's not serve their cause. find our own and if it's good, impregnate the sheeple and cattle with it. they try to fight opposition of the system with brainwashing. we can do the same and fight back with brainwash too. maybe we can kill them with their own weapons after all?

the war is about information, control and power. let's not give them any potential for that. let's stabilize our little societies and cut the snakes out that try to poison them. "you want power, but you're not big enough, so you steal it, piece by piece."
(canibus)

let's make a bomb with the fuse going from the bottom of the pyramid to the top and there blowing the motherfuckers' fkn brains out.

if you encounter peopl with split tongues cut them out and make em choke on their own toxicity.

let's try to make the world a once again peaceful, civilized place. where respect is taken for what it's worth. where people treat each other like they should, or deserve to be. together it's always nicer, but if we don't treat each other like human beings, the road is paved with broken glass.

:axe: :ANAL: :p

peace! :weedman:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can here, but you guys feel free to rip em a new one.

Second rant; positive note abotu civilization versus capitalism (it can never work how they want!)

Capitalism creates something, called place. Place is generic, reproducible, and identicle. Like the products being spewed out every second. "Place" is McDonalds. You walk into a McDonalds in bangladesh, turkey, London, tokyo, india, and you buy a whopper. Each of these McDonalds around the world are a place. Each one, if it were a capitalistic choice, would be exactly the same, with the exact same menu, with the exact same workers. Then it would be a Place of McDonalds. But it isn't, and that is because we are biological. We are NOT computers. We take place and make Space.

Space. Is unique, the McDonalds down on Water Street in Kansas isn't the same PLACE or SPACE as the McDonalds down on 5th Avenue in Georgia. These two SPACES of capitalism have become two completely seperate PLACES by socialogy. This may seem like simple labels, but I beg to differ.

By you riding the public bus to and from work every day, you are sitting in a Space of the state government. There are thousands of those spaces. But as soon as you get on that bus and say HI to everyone in there, you are creating a PLACE. That bus is now more friendly than any other bus out there.

You take a walk in the park. That park is a place of the government so people can take a little nature. A little nature so they don't 'go postal' at work. When you skip and sing in that park, you are taking that SPACE and making PLACE.

When you go into nike and rather than buying a pair of shoes, you simply talk to the guy at the register and leave, you are creating PLACE. When you wear a shirt with a cow on it, rather than a full on suit at work (fuck your work if you wear a suit) you are creating PLACE.

BY EXPRESSING YOUR INDIVIDUALITY, YOU CREATE PLACE. CAPITALISM OPERATES MUCH MORE DIFFICULTLY IN PLACES.

It is financially unfit for a company to accomodate everyone'es individuality. Large megacorporations like coke cannot possibly create 1 million flavors. Nike, 1 million different shoes (seems like it though). Your individuality will fuck business capitalism.

As far as oil, big pharma, and global banking goes... FUCK.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
take it eeeeeezy. 8) [youtube]9c8an2XZ3MU[/youtube]

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
IT ain't easy to take it easy.

I don't think we should take it easy, honestly! Marx said the Pubs, the Cinema, the Strip clubs - these all distract from revolution. I'm not sure I agree. They distract because they [can] make us happy. However, when they simply occupy, like movies often do, we must break that sheepism and act!

I'm not saying destroy the government, I'm saying don't partake in it.

My end thoguh in all of this is:

Individualism, being different from everyone, destroys capitalism. Make your own materials.

PS the video basically paralleled everything I said, however I purposely didn't bring in psychodelics or shamanism. :wink: They are deeper than my rant.