Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Calling experienced psychonauts in the UK

sub_rosa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2010
I am a final year photography student at Middlesex University with a blossoming interest in psycho-actives and psychonautics. As a way to integrate these two passions and explore further a field which I find interesting I am doing a portrait project on psychonauts. I hope to find a minimum of 6 people, having already secured two experienced psychonauts I'm already in touch with, I am using the internet to find the remainder. I'm looking for experienced psychonauts as opposed to those just starting on their journey, as I will also be asking questions about how the individuals lives and perceptions have changed over the course of time they have been involved with psycho-actives.

I am based in London and would like to get in touch with those who are living in or around the area.

If you would like to get involved or know someone who you feel is suitable please get in touch, I would really love to hear from you. I am shooting up until 17th November, as we haven't been given an abundance of time for this project, so my mission to find willing psychonauts is an urgent one.

My email address is [email protected].

I hope to hear from you!

Well wishes,

Fran Harris

maxfreakout

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Hey Fran!! :finga:

very cool to see you on here, looking forward to Saturday xx

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
If you are serious about your project and want to keep it objective and also to get a good picture of who max is,what his personality is like and what he believes you should read the "On killing the ego " topic.Max does not represent this site or the majority of its members or the majority of psychonauts.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Lazarus do you live in or near London? It would be very cool to get you involved, we could have a three-way :lol:

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
I would be prepared to help if i can but i won`t give my address or my e-mail address or meet with anyone.

I have had over 12000 entheogenic drug experiences and they changed my life, the way i think and the way i act.Before taking entheogenic drugs i was a gangster,a professional criminal and very violent.I wanted money,fame and to be popular,Now i am not interested in those things except to have enough money to lead a modest life.Since taking entheogens i try to help people as much as i can even if i dont like them,what they do or what they say.Sometimes even if it costs me money and even if i get into trouble for it.For instance i would never tolerate injustice.If i were a witness to it i would give my life to stop it if there were no other choices.Entheogens were/are my friend,my teacher,my guide and the main pleasure in my life.

I have had near death experiences,white light experiences,met god,died and been re-born.(Lazarus).

I was/am also privileged to have a very good and experienced guide and teacher.

If you want to know more and if you want to use my information in your project please ask here.I won`t be posting here for much longer so if you want more information please reply to this soon.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Fran i have confirmed with my flatmate that he is cool to be in your project, but he works funny hours but it shuldnt be too difficult to arrange, and one other guy who lives outside of London but often comes into London for work said it would be cool if the timing is convenient for him

sub_rosa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2010
Thanks Max, we'll chat more about the whens and wheres for the other guys on Saturday :)

Lazarus, thank you for a response, it's a shame you wouldn't be able to get involved as a sitter, you sound like a very interesting person. I am not looking to represent the members of this forum but of course if possible would like to portray an objective view of psychonauts. Although I may not be able to in the time frame my university has given me I see no reason to stop the project with the deadline. I know Max personally and have some idea of his personality but we have yet to go into deep conversation onto each others views on ego death, I look forward to this as it is bound to happen! If you are London based and know of anyone that could represent other interesting perspectives on psychonautics then please let me know, real names and personal details will not be disclosed.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
sub_rosa a dit:
I know Max personally and have some idea of his personality but we have yet to go into deep conversation onto each others views on ego death,

it will definitely happen at some point, ive been looking forward to it for ages, i have SO MUCH to talk to you about hehe. The force is strong in you, you are well and truly on the path of psychedelic mysticism 8)

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
Sorry Fran but this needs clearing up.

"Fran i have confirmed with my flatmate that he is cool to be in your project, but he works funny hours but it shouldnt be too difficult to arrange"

Who are you talking about max?If you are talking about me please tell us everything that you have found out about me.If you are not talking about me please tell us who you are talking about.

There is only one person who has ever used this site that has met me,knows my name and knows where i live and that is Dr.Leospace.I am certain that he has not given you that information.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Lazarus a dit:
Who are you talking about max?If you are talking about me please tell us everything that you have found out about me.If you are not talking about me please tell us who you are talking about.

Dude calm down there is no need for paranoia, i was talking about my flatmate, not you, this is why i said "my flatmate" and not "Lazarus" in the bit you quoted

I dont know anything about you, except that you are a slightly paranoid and upset poster named 'Lazarus' who recently started posting on psychonaut.com. I havent 'found out' anything else about you except that. By contrast, i know a lot about my flatmate as me and him have been close friends for years. You are not my flatmate, you do not live in a flat with me, you and my flatmate are 2 completely different people, with different names, different lives, different identities.

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
Thank you for clearing that up.It needed doing because anyone who read your post could have thought that you were talking about me.

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
Lazarus a dit:
Thank you for clearing that up.It needed doing because anyone who read your post could have thought that you were talking about me.

Lazarus, this is off topic but I'd like to recommend a book to you, "The Four Agreements - A Toltec Book of Wisdom" by Don Miguel Ruiz. In short the four agreements are:

1. To be impeccable with your word;
2. Don't take anything personally;
3. Don't make assumptions; and
4. Always do your best.

No one reading Max's post would have taken it the way you did, although I would have about 2 years ago. The above book and a number of other experiences have ensured that I would never interpret things that way again.

Please forgive me if this post seems patronising, it is certainly not intended that way. I am more trying to reach out to someone who I think could benefit from this wisdom in a very similar way in which I benefited.

Go well.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
max do you have a ponytail?

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
Thanks itsscience .

About the book.Since the castaneda hoax i don`t read books like that.The word toltec is a dead giveaway.The book has nothing whatsoever to do with toltecs.

If you and anyone else reads the thread they will see my post and the post from max that followed it.That post could be taken in two ways and i wanted it cleared up for all readers.Nothing more and nothing less.I already knew that max couldn`t ask anyone who knows anything about me and therefore couldn`t be talking about me.

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
Thanks Lazarus, this is what I like about this forum, there's always something new to learn.

I had not heard of the Castaneda Hoax but I've gone and done a little research and I can certainly see how one would feel skeptical of such texts after being "betrayed" by Castaneda (I say betrayed because he tried to clothe his writings in some form of truth by claiming it all came from this particular shaman when it didn't).

However, the thing about this book is it just talks about some quite simple techniques/ways of looking at the world and doesn't really require any belief in Toltecs, nagual or anything else.

My favourite part is in the section about being impeccable with your word (i.e. realising the vast amount of power contained in what we say) - an example given in the book is:

A mother has a young daughter whom she loves like no other. One day the woman comes home from work and she's had a really bad day and has a splitting headache, all she wants to do is lie down for a bit. The daughter is home and is in a great mood and is singing happily. The happier she gets the louder she sings until the mother loses control and shouts, "shut up, you have an ugly voice, just shut up." The mother loves her daughter and didn't really mean it but she just snapped. The daughter immediately stops singing. The daughter refuses to sing at school and even stops talking as much because she has made an agreement with herself that she has an ugly voice. This is the power of the word.

All of us can look back on events in our life and find where someone has used the power of the word on us and we have chosen to believe it (or made an agreement with ourselves to believe it). My father told me when I was 10 that I was fat, I believed that for 20 years and remained embarrassed and ashamed of my body.

I write all this to say that this book has something to offer IMHO which doesn't rely on having to believe the author met toltec's or is of toltec origin - the advice/truths it offers are self contained and ascertainable through your own life experiences.

Lazarus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2010
"it's a shame you wouldn't be able to get involved as a sitter"

I`ve done it many times and the only people who had bad experiences that they had difficulty getting over during and after the trips were those that had latent mental problems.I have had to hold peoples hands and listen to their problems during their trips. People like max.Absolutely egoistic,big headed,big mouthed fools that would rather believe that they are right and have the ultimate truth than one single time in their lives open up,be honest with themselves and listen to and honestly think about what other people say and feel.My head and my life are not dustbins for other peoples social,personal and mental problems.When one sits for/with people like that it is very often very hard to take during and after the session.It leaves scars in ones soul.I have paid my way and earned the experience and views that i have over many years.I have always given as much as i could.Now it is time for me.

I would sit if it was needed but it would just have to happen and not be planned unless it was with people who i know well.It would also have to be in a ritual set and setting.Again one sees the damage that people can do to themselves and others if psychedelic drugs are used in a trivial and egoistic way.Again max is a very good example.

When i say ritual i don`t mean like the most "rituals" are carried out with false spirituality,dogma,fake shamen and for money.

If you are interested in doing it the best way,as a ritual,just tell the people you meet and you will very probably find it at sometime.There are groups in many citys that do rituals with drugs like LSD,Psilocybin and Ayahuasca but they are held by very experienced and older people.They are private and one only gets to take part by invitation.Don`t expect it to happen soon.Usualy those groups watch the people that have expressed the wish to take part for a long time to asses them.They usually want to find out as much as possible about one,how one lives,what other people think about one and if one can be trusted.

There are three types of ritual.Exploration,healing and sex.I have done my fair share of exploring and seen most of what can be explored.Healing rituals are not for me anymore because of what i said above.I said "Now it is time for me." and nowadays i am only interested in sex rituals.

You sound like a nice,sensible,well educated person if you,or any other female,want to take part in a two person sex ritual please PM me and it could happen.

Other than that if you want any help and/or advice about absolutely anything please PM me.

sub_rosa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2010
Lazarus a dit:
"it's a shame you wouldn't be able to get involved as a sitter"

People like max.Absolutely egoistic,big headed,big mouthed fools that would rather believe that they are right and have the ultimate truth than one single time in their lives open up,be honest with themselves and listen to and honestly think about what other people say and feel.

You sound like a nice,sensible,well educated person if you,or any other female,want to take part in a two person sex ritual please PM me and it could happen.

Other than that if you want any help and/or advice about absolutely anything please PM me.

I meant as someone who sat for a photograph, sorry for any confusion; the photographs are not going to be taken during trips.

I value Max immensely and do not agree with your comments, as someone who knows him in person.

With that in mind, and also not wanting to meet any one I don't know for sex, I politely decline your offer.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
sub_rosa a dit:
I meant as someone who sat for a photograph, sorry for any confusion; the photographs are not going to be taken during trips.

I value Max immensely and do not agree with your comments, as someone who knows him in person.

With that in mind, and also not wanting to meet any one I don't know for sex, I politely decline your offer.

hey thanx for that Fran :D , that guy Lazarus sounded like a total weirdo, probably not the kind of person who should be experimenting with mind-bending substances :shock:

See you soon